53 replies to this topic

#26 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Same would apply to anime?

Anime that airs at 1 AM or later and has explicit sexual content and violence is hardly for children.

People actually watch the kiddie anime?

#27 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

At my last base there was a building where Airmen were allowed to bring their laptops for the free wifi and there were big TV's and what not. Well one day I was playing a game on my computer, and this group of 8 dudes came into the room and proceeded to plug in and play my little pony. They were all huddled in a circle giggling and laughing at what these rainbow colored ponies were saying. First, I wanted to smack them all for watching such a show, and secondly I wanted to break their computer for ruining my gaming mood. I left shortly after because I felt like I was babysitting for my 4 year old niece. 

Like someone else said, what happened to cartoons? All of this crap on TV is boring and stupid. I'm so glad I grew up in the generation where: spiderman, batman and the power rangers ruled the TV and our toy chests. 

#28 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

Anime that airs at 1 AM or later and has explicit sexual content and violence is hardly for children.

I'm sure there are cartoon aimed for adults too. And I'm guessing people do watch the kiddie anime or they wouldn't make it.

At my last base there was a building where Airmen were allowed to bring their laptops for the free wifi and there were big TV's and what not. Well one day I was playing a game on my computer, and this group of 8 dudes came into the room and proceeded to plug in and play my little pony. They were all huddled in a circle giggling and laughing at what these rainbow colored ponies were saying. First, I wanted to smack them all for watching such a show, and secondly I wanted to break their computer for ruining my gaming mood. I left shortly after because I felt like I was babysitting for my 4 year old niece. 

Like someone else said, what happened to cartoons? All of this crap on TV is boring and stupid. I'm so glad I grew up in the generation where: spiderman, batman and the power rangers ruled the TV and our toy chests. 

Oh boy, where do I start.

Nevermind, it's not worth it.

Also, there's currently some Spiderman on TV. There's also Transformers, The Avengers and Iron Man. I'm pretty sure there must be some new flashy Power Rangers too.

Edited by Drakonid, 18 April 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#29 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

You already made it clear you have something to say, might as well get it off your chest.

#30 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Personally, it doesn't bother me who watches what - that's up to the person.

However, the whole 'brony' thing is very strange. I'm a little disappointed that a cute show, obviously meant for kids, has been violated and sexualised by a small minority of fans. I don't think it's by any fault of MLP's though, people like this  (this was his FB profile picture) are always going to have issues.

#31 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

You already made it clear you have something to say, might as well get it off your chest.

I'm not going to change your opinion, I don't see the point

Personally, it doesn't bother me who watches what - that's up to the person.

However, the whole 'brony' thing is very strange. I'm a little disappointed that a cute show, obviously meant for kids, has been violated and sexualised by a small minority of fans. I don't think it's by any fault of MLP's though, people like this  (this was his FB profile picture) are always going to have issues.

I agree completely with this. I love the show, but I've come to hate the fandom.

#32 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

I'm sure there are cartoon aimed for adults too. And I'm guessing people do watch the kiddie anime or they wouldn't make it.

Well, other than the kids it's directed to.

I left shortly after because I felt like I was babysitting for my 4 year old niece.

And then shortly later you watched MLP with her?

#33 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Well, other than the kids it's directed to.

You know there's non-targeted audience for most anime. <.<

#34 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'm glad you've finally realized this.

I'm not going to change your opinion, I don't see the point

#35 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

You know there's non-targeted audience for most anime. <.<

And the Precure fanbase freaks the hell outta me.

#36 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

I-I would love to watch children's anime if it actually got subbed....... It looks so cute!! <3

And ehhh... I'd love to get into the show (probably muted with subs since I can't freaking stand the voice actors, and there's singing in it) but it just feels like the exact same thing as the stuff I watched as a kid? And being associated with ponyfuckers doesn't sound all that great~ Ah well, guess I'll stick with saving neato fanart every once in a while :p

Also uh is the fanmusic arranges of the singing parts because if it is I think I'll just stick with Touhou arranges/original doujin music thank u

I'm prreeetty sure this is why the older men in the fandom like it so much? Since it's something different than what they grew up with, so they're experiencing something ``new and fresh". Is love and friendship the main thing in Batman and video games and all?? Hehehhh

#37 Thii

Thii
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

1345328163616.gif

#38 Habanero

Habanero
  • 275 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

I found the show decent but the whole 'brony' fanbase killed it for me.

#39 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

lol at people who play Neopets judging people who watch MLP.

#40 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

BUT NEOPETS WAS A SITE AIMED FOR ADULTS WHEN IT STARTED SO IT STILL IS. THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!capslockforemphasis

#41 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

I play Neopets ironically.

#42 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

I gotta say I'm honestly astounded that Kway didn't make this thread... he's seemingly absent as of late.

#43 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

I gotta say I'm honestly astounded that Kway didn't make this thread... he's seemingly absent as of late.

He was in TC last night .

#44 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

I am well aware.

I was referring to his absence on the forum.

#45 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

He made a thread like this over an year ago.

He's also on IRC daily(ish?)

#46 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

He's also on IRC daily(ish?)

That's precisely why I don't go there anymore.
That and I'm sort of hesitant to see Elindornips in action.

#47 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

We shitpost when there's unsuspecting people in #neocodex, but otherwise we stay quiet. We keep to ourselves.

#48 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

That's precisely why I don't go there anymore.

Uuwaaaa, but we don't bite or anything!! :3

(We're gonna come in TC together someday! Probably in like 300 years though hahah)

#49 MikeyMann

MikeyMann
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

pretty gay no offense.

#50 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

pretty gay no offense.