• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Back before Yung and I got together, my oldest and I ate a whole foods diet. Adding three other people into my house made me lazy and stressed, so it switched to a much more processed diet and I got into Dr Pepper, which (I think) made me crave more fats and stuff. I'm slowly switching us back.

Right now our day looks kind of like:

Breakfast: oatmeal, cereal, or bagel and fruit
Snack: fruits, veggies, yogurt, or string cheese
Lunch: Sandwiches, eggs, and fruit
Snack: fruits, veggies, yogurt, crackers, or string cheese
Dinner: (is where I'm having issues still) mainly burritos, more sandwiches, meat and potatoes, rice
Snack: spare dinner

Since I'm obsessed with food, I was wondering what the rest of you ate every day.

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

I eat whatever the DFAC (Dining Facility/Chow Hall) has to offer. Everything is healthy for you, apart from the desserts of course. The pasta is whole grain, chicken is either grilled or baked. I usually wash it all down with lots and lots of water.

#3 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Meal 1: Oatmeal and 6 egg whites

Meal 2: Fruit/kale smoothie and 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice (cooked, uncooked for measurement)

Meal 3: Protein shake and 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice

Meal 4: Griled chicken and vegetable

Meal 5: Grilled chicken and vegetable

Meal 6: Lean meat and vegetable

Meal 7: Peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread

Repeat Monday through Saturday. 

#4 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

Mmmnnn~

Breakfast: cereal or toast (maybe scrambled eggs if we have any or porridge if it's cold~)

SNACKTIME YEAHH usually like fruit or sweets if we have any!! But most of the time we don't so I just have something to drink like idk water/squash/tea/coffee/juice, maybe like a slice of bread and butter if I can be bothered to make it

Lunch and dinner is usually like instant noodles or pasta or rice (curry omg <3) with vegetables, or just vegetables by themselves!! Once every never when I got outside and buy food I might get myself a sandwich/pasty for lunch or something from the chinese for dinner :3

Oopsie I don't really get that much protein/meaty-like things hahahah insert joke about semen and dicks here

#5 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

Meal 2: Fruit/kale smoothie and 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice (cooked, uncooked for measurement)

Kale grosses me out. How do you make your smoothies?

#6 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Kale grosses me out. How do you make your smoothies?

Can't even taste it in mine - used to measure but pretty much just throw a bunch of kale in, and a bunch of fruit until it gets about 3/4 up the blender. Throw some ice and water or almond milk or OJ (about a cup) and then blend.

If you're using frozen fruits, skip the ice. I also throw flax seed in there. 

#7 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Can't even taste it in mine - used to measure but pretty much just throw a bunch of kale in, and a bunch of fruit until it gets about 3/4 up the blender. Throw some ice and water or almond milk or OJ (about a cup) and then blend.

If you're using frozen fruits, skip the ice. I also throw flax seed in there.

I prefer to use frozen fruit to fresh... it actually sounds just like what I do only with kale.

#8 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

Is it worth it?

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

I also just noticed this part. What do you eat on Sundays?

#10 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Is it worth it?

It is for me; but, you and I probably have very disparate goals and personalities. 

I also just noticed this part. What do you eat on Sundays?

Whatever I want usually - basically, I have one cheat day a week. During the summer it is Sunday when I have a big Italian meal - but, during school, it is whenever I don't have my meals prepped and need time to study. 

#11 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

That sounds like such a great meal regimen Random. Really.

Why do you have such a strict routine for your diet?

#12 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'm into fitness and lifting. Keep in mind, during the school year I drink a lot, so I'm not totally inhuman. 

I also will eat differently if I'm out to eat, cooking with/for a ladyfriend, etc. 

#13 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Breakfast:  Through the week it's breakfast tea with cereal or toast, usually.  On the weekends we have bigger breakfasts because I am home to cook them, usually eggs bacon and biscuits and gravy, bread pudding, or pain perdu.

Lunch:  I try to bring leftovers to work for lunch through the week (though I usually fail because I tend to just make enough dinner for all of us to eat with no leftovers).  If I don't have anything left over, I'll bring soup or noodles to make at work.

Dinner:  This varies enormously.  I can't really quantify all that we eat for dinner because I cook big dinners 4-5 nights a week and they're always different.

Snacks:  We kind of suck when it comes to snacks... chips, Vienna sausages, trail mix, jerky, just whatever strikes us really.

I am still contemplating making that food thread to post pictures and stories of the things that I cook.

#14 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

I am still contemplating making that food thread to post pictures and stories of the things that I cook.

lol. I was making something the other day and I was like I should put a pic of this on my empty codex blog.

They were little chocolates made with coconut oil.

#15 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

What, you don't eat chocolates daily?

#16 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Back before Yung and I got together, my oldest and I ate a whole foods diet. Adding three other people into my house made me lazy and stressed, so it switched to a much more processed diet and I got into Dr Pepper, which (I think) made me crave more fats and stuff. I'm slowly switching us back.

Right now our day looks kind of like:

Breakfast: oatmeal, cereal, or bagel and fruit
Snack: fruits, veggies, yogurt, or string cheese
Lunch: Sandwiches, eggs, and fruit
Snack: fruits, veggies, yogurt, crackers, or string cheese
Dinner: (is where I'm having issues still) mainly burritos, more sandwiches, meat and potatoes, rice
Snack: spare dinner

Since I'm obsessed with food, I was wondering what the rest of you ate every day.

No mac and cheese? :(

#17 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

mmm vagnoodle and cheese

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

No mac and cheese? :(

lol. We ate it tonight, actually. I made it though, with veggie noodles.
I ate half a bowl before I grossed myself out and had to quit. And now I'm starving.

Edited by Napiform, 19 May 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#19 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

I actually really enjoyed dinner.

#20 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Breakfast: Cereal.

Lunch at home: Pasta and/or chicken strips or fish sticks..

Lunch at work: Some fattening and fried food from the deli.

Dinner at home: See lunch.

#21 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

I ate half a bowl before I grossed myself out and had to quit. And now I'm horny.

Much better.

Anyway. My diet is awful. I usually don't eat breakfast because it'll make me want to take a shit when I got other things to be doing. When I go to work, I eat an apple on my break, because if I eat a real lunch, it makes me full and sleepy and I have too much work to do to feel sleepy. Dinner is usually the only substantial meal of the day and can be anything from pizza to Chinese.

I do treat myself to a handful of nuts whenever possible. Very satisfying, indeed.

#22 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

I do treat myself to a handful of nuts whenever possible. Very satisfying, indeed.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

Much better.

Anyway. My diet is awful. I usually don't eat breakfast because it'll make me want to take a shit when I got other things to be doing. When I go to work, I eat an apple on my break, because if I eat a real lunch, it makes me full and sleepy and I have too much work to do to feel sleepy. Dinner is usually the only substantial meal of the day and can be anything from pizza to Chinese.

Napi's dad and his gf hardly eat a thing until dinner and then they chow down. They work like a bazillion times harder than most everyone else and they work 6 and a half days a week so I don't know where they get their energy from.

I could keep up with them but only barely and that sucks cause right now I'm half their age...

#24 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Napi's dad and his gf hardly eat a thing until dinner and then they chow down. They work like a bazillion times harder than most everyone else and they work 6 and a half days a week so I don't know where they get their energy from.

I could keep up with them but only barely and that sucks cause right now I'm half their age...

smoker

#25 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

smoker

To be fair I went from smoking a pack a day to 2-4 a day after we moved here. Which is when I was working with them. Hardly enough to completely dull the difference in age between me and them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food, merica

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users