Interesting Neopets staff discussion bug

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#76 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Actually, MSN messenger has already been phased out and now it's all just Skype. They could have removed MSN as a word to monitor.

#77 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

Actually, MSN messenger has already been phased out and now it's all just Skype. They could have removed MSN as a word to monitor.

People still ask for "MSN addies" because your old messenger account syncs with skype. 

#78 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

We know, it's already been discussed. :p

#79 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

come to think about it are we pushing the boundaries when it comes to ab-ing and ss-ing? Technically it counts as manipulation of the system and stuff

not that it makes us worthy of the dubious ranking with 'pedo'

#80 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

come to think about it are we pushing the boundaries when it comes to ab-ing and ss-ing? Technically it counts as manipulation of the system and stuff

Whose boundaries?

#81 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

^ Tdn's? Technically we're manipulating the buy system

#82 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

I assume you mean TNT? I would've thought that all we are doing is emulating the same thing that a 'legit' user would do. So essentially, we're not really 'manipulating' anything except making it an automatic process.

#83 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

I assume you mean TNT? I would've thought that all we are doing is emulating the same thing that a 'legit' user would do. So essentially, we're not really 'manipulating' anything except making it an automatic process.

And pushing the boundaries to near improbable buy times, which probably is why there's the 5 second rule.

#84 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

not that it makes us worthy of the dubious ranking with 'pedo'

Lol, I don't think we are just "pushing the boundaries", we are past them already. :p

#85 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

this is very interesting! but do they work at home or something? can't they just talk face-to-face rather than chatting online? :mellow:

#86 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

this is very interesting! but do they work at home or something? can't they just talk face-to-face rather than chatting online? :mellow:

I believe the monitors actually do work from home (well, the board monitors do) but the higher up staff (like the ones who handle tickets etc and content), work at the offices.

#87 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

TNTs boundaries are silly though.

#88 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

Thanks strat, derp moment there.

TNT's boundaries are really weird, like its AC's all star regulations and some of its systems, but I was thinking more of a technical aspect, since coming up with a program which could scoop stuff off a website needs to somehow manipulate the data processing or something.

Or maybe i'm just a tech dummy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users