Quantcast

Photo

Pay what you want for epic games on Origin. Support charity.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

https://www.humblebundle.com/

^^^^^^^^CLICK IT!!!!

bj1u.png

Also if you're wondering All are also Steam Compatible EXCEPT Dead Space 3, Battlefield 3 and the Sims Pack. ^_^

Edited by Maha, 16 August 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Time to donate my single penny.

OH WAIT IT USES ORIGIN HAHA NO.

#3 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

Time to donate my single penny.

OH WAIT IT USES ORIGIN HAHA NO.

The 1st 5 apart from Dead Space 3 are also Steam compatible. 

Not to mention you could donate like a few cents and get those for Steam. 

The other 2 extras are for if you donate over the average or equal to.

Edited by Maha, 16 August 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#4 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3vit90/qm.gif

Edited by ic3doom, 16 August 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#5 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

LOL You get games D: Why're people so harsh with origin? I don't understand :(

#6 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

We are talking about people who refuse to pay the minimum of $1 for those games...

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

We are talking about people who refuse to pay the minimum of $1 for those games...

Money? For video games? Now that's a good joke.

#8 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

Not everyone Pirates Video Games and Computer Programs Elindoril >_>

#9 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

I paid the above the average FYI. People hate Origin because EA are huge turd heads. They decided to take a piss on Steam and make their own DRM so they can profit directly. I still can't forgive them for Mass Effect 3. Which in case you didn't know is absent from Steam. Lot of people knew about this bundle before it came out and were planning to only give the money to the charities and humblebundle site maintenance fees. Although I love their games EA is just the douchebag of game developers.

#10 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

I paid the above the average FYI. People hate Origin because EA are huge turd heads. They decided to take a piss on Steam and make their own DRM so they can profit directly. I still can't forgive them for Mass Effect 3. Which in case you didn't know is absent from Steam. Lot of people knew about this bundle before it came out and were planning to only give the money to the charities and humblebundle site maintenance fees. Although I love their games EA is just the douchebag of game developers.

I gave $5 straight to the Charities. I'll be watching humblebundle now though, wish I knew about them sooner but yearh, definitely can't care for ea :p I just like to play some games xD

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

Maybe people should. There would be more money to spend on important things like alcohol and prostitutes.

#12 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

That and the fact that Origin is one of the worst software to ever exist in the history of programming, surpassed only by Razer Synapse

#13 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

Why did you capitalize every single word except for "everyone"?

People hate Origin because the people are huge turd heads. A bunch of other companies use their own DRM too, and I think it's perfectly fine for them not wanting Valve to make money off their games.

"I can't forgive them fot Mass Effect 3" You didn't like the ending of a game boo mother fucking hoo. The game itself if pretty good.

Also, EA is not getting a single penny from this, everything goes to the charities and humblebundle.com

EA is not the douchebag of game developers, EA is just the target of loads and loads of bandwagon internet hate.

That and the fact that Origin is one of the worst software to ever exist in the history of programming, surpassed only by Razer Synapse

Sounds like you never actually used Origin

#14 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

People hate Origin because the people are huge turd heads. A bunch of other companies use their own DRM too, and I think it's perfectly fine for them not wanting Valve to make money off their games.

"I can't forgive them fot Mass Effect 3" You didn't like the ending of a game boo mother fucking hoo. The game itself if pretty good.

Also, EA is not getting a single penny from this, everything goes to the charities and humblebundle.com

EA is not the douchebag of game developers, EA is just the target of loads and loads of bandwagon internet hate.

They hate it because they have a pretty legit reason. Some people want the ease of accessing their games off a single DRM. Besides Steam provides good deals when on sale and is relatively stable as a DRM.

"The game itself if pretty good" Well I guess that's your opinion. In my opinion it was akin to selling an incomplete game. This is coming from a fan of the first 2 games.

Yeah I know that. I was saying that prior to it being solely for charity and humblebundle.com there were rumours it was going to be an EA bundle so people didn't want to give money to them.

Once again your opinion. People have a reason to hate it and its up to them to decide for themselves what EA is to them. You don't end up the target of mass hate by being the best game developer out there. A string of game hits and people still hate them you see.

Hate for Origin really escalated because of Origin's 2 year entitlement clause as well as the whole Origin forum ban fiasco.

Look I'm not saying you are wrong in defending EA. Some people find the way they kill smaller Studios an admirable business tactic while others demand blood. It's just how you view the whole thing. 

#15 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

._. I posted this for people to do something good for charities and grab a few games too, why do people always ruin threads? ._.

But um anyway, can't wait for the next sale, already bookmarked the site xD

#16 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

They hate it because they have a pretty legit reason. Some people want the ease of accessing their games off a single DRM. Besides Steam provides good deals when on sale and is relatively stable as a DRM.

So no accomodating the users whim is cause for hatred? I'm not saying Steam is bad, I use it daily, the sales are great, but the stability is highly debateable.

Hate for Origin really escalated because of Origin's 2 year entitlement clause as well as the whole Origin forum ban fiasco.

Valve is really trigger happy with bans and their support is probably the worst.

._. I posted this for people to do something good for charities and grab a few games too, why do people always ruin threads? ._.

But um anyway, can't wait for the next sale, already bookmarked the site xD

We're just having a discussion, I don't see how it ruins the thread, if anything, we're making it better.

Edited by Drakonid, 17 August 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#17 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

So no accomodating the users whim is cause for hatred? I'm not saying Steam is bad, I use it daily, the sales are great, but the stability is highly debateable.

Valve is really trigger happy with bans and their support is probably the worst.

We're just having a discussion, I don't see how it ruins the thread, if anything, we're making it better.

I just find it a bit negative or something, not meaning it wasn't bad nor good...

I'm thinking of Donating for Pewdiepies Charity too... Man, he's now number 1 on youtube with coming on close to 12 million subscribers, been 1 of the bros for a year now I think and he barely had 5 mill when I subbed... ._. 

#18 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

Being a consumer market and a limited one at that catering mainly to a male market between 12-30 years old, you have to cater to the whims of the majority. Keeping the users happy would benefit them in the long run obviously. Steam is more stable than Origin and people would like the option of being able to choose. 

Origin's forum bans meant that you couldn't access any of your purchased games. This was later changed to being able to only access your games in offline mode which isn't any better. My experience with Steam support was pretty good. Got my entire TF2 backpack restored within a short period time. Maybe I was lucky.

I'm thinking of Donating for Pewdiepies Charity too... Man, he's now number 1 on youtube with coming on close to 12 million subscribers, been 1 of the bros for a year now I think and he barely had 5 mill when I subbed... ._. 

You should subscribe to the humblebundle e-mail if you haven't already. They'll alert you whenever they have a new bundle up. They have an app too. I already have most of the games in the Pewdiepie bundle so I'm sitting this one out.

Edited by ic3doom, 17 August 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#19 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

Being a consumer market and a limited one at that catering mainly to a male market between 12-30 years old, you have to cater to the whims of the majority. Keeping the users happy would benefit them in the long run obviously. Steam is more stable than Origin and people would like the option of being able to choose. 

Origin's forum bans meant that you couldn't access any of your purchased games. This was later changed to being able to only access your games in offline mode which isn't any better. My experience with Steam support was pretty good. Got my entire TF2 backpack restored within a short period time. Maybe I was lucky.

You should subscribe to the humblebundle e-mail if you haven't already. They'll alert you whenever they have a new bundle up. They have an app too. I already have most of the games in the Pewdiepie bundle so I'm sitting this one out.

Well wouldn't people who want the choice they can't get from origin just go to Steam? Derp? o.O? Or am I missing something xD?

But uhm I have subbed to the email didn't know about the app, should have a look on the app store... 

$2.61 for 5 pretty decent Indie Games... I don't find the gameplay of mcpixel too interesting but I mean Pewdiepie makes watching play a barbie doll game fun anyway so I can't complain.. I think the humblebundle thing will be how I get my games from now On, not that I really play games. But I did build my PC to play games. Got rid of all my Consoles and probably only going to go with the ps4 and not even think about the xbox one since I want a system I can have with my tv and pretty much be able to do anything I want on it... 

I'm thinking I should get the games and play some amnesia but the last time I tried amnesia at my cousins place I pissed myself xD

#20 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

Valve games for PC are only available via steam and since it has settled as the main DRM platform, so are many other games, nowadays it's not like you're able to pick, but you're force to go with steam if you want everything in a single program.

I'm aware of what happened with Origin, and I'm not defending EA for that, but EA has always been pretty relaxed when it comes to bans, off the top of my head, a few months ago, there was a promotion in which people could get a free game worth up to $20, which people ended up exploiting, EA's response was not only not banning the exploiters, but letting them keep the games.

Regarding Steam, I've heard lots of people complaining how they take a lot to reply and never get straight answers. Personally, I had to contact them 3 times to get something other than a FAQ response.

#21 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

Spoiler

Some of EA's games are Origin exclusive. They aren't on Steam.

Humblebundle had some really awesome bundles. I thoroughly enjoyed the THQ bundle although THQ went bust. Pretty much got most of my wishlist off Humblebundle, mostly the indie games. Although I now have 2 copies of Dungeon Defenders lying around.

Ah Amnesia. I bought it ages ago but never had the guts to even install it. It's sitting pretty in my inventory. I don't enjoy self inflicted trauma.  :(

Edited by ic3doom, 17 August 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#22 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

Spoiler

Some of EA's games are Origin exclusive. They aren't on Steam.

Humblebundle had some really awesome bundles. I thoroughly enjoyed the THQ bundle although THQ went bust. Pretty much got most of my wishlist off Humblebundle, mostly the indie games. Although I now have 2 copies of Dungeon Defenders lying around.

Ah Amnesia. I bought it ages ago but never had the guts to even install it. It's sitting pretty in my inventory. I don't enjoy self inflicted trauma.  :(

Well for me, a normal sort of user I'd say I use Steam and Origin. Haven't had any issues and both codes of the games have worked. Planning to get more for my steam account probably and sell it. Because for me, origin runs better than steam. Its faster and doesn't seem to crash as much either. Only reason I'd think about using steam would be for Linux, not that I run it much. Not yet at least.

Oh and We should both play Amnesia xD I would need someone with me, and the house to be really bright.. because holy fuck being in a dark room at night no one home, headphones on and playing amnesia... not good especially when you spend only a few minutes, then piss yourself xD

#23 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

Spoiler

One day...one day I shall play it. Today is not that day. By the way there is a new Amnesia game coming out. It's called Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

Spoiler

and if you want to buy games and play them DRM free there's always http://www.gog.com/

Edited by ic3doom, 17 August 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#24 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

Sounds like you never actually used Origin

Sounds like you're one of those clueless EA apologists

look I can do it too

#25 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

Eh, I never really like gog. Thanks though. I'll just keep my eye on the sales humblebundle does. Who knows they might even do 1 which I cannot resist at all xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users