I got iced.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty
  • 164 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

My ABing account (which I didn't use very often, and when I did it wasn't for very long, and only default settings in non-dangerous shops) got iced for cheating. Not sure how that happened, as I was under the impression that default settings are very safe? I only used it for about 3 hours a day 4ish days a week for a month or so.

Then a month or two later my legit main got iced for cheating. Again, not sure why. The only programs I've used on it are like the Dice-a-Roo player and Shop Pricer, and I hadn't been using those recently either.

Could the two be connected in anyway?

I tried sending in a ticket but I'm not getting a response as to what's going on, since I really hadn't been cheating on my legit account. Never bothered with a ticket for the ABing account because I didn't expect to get it back.

I have used them both on the same IP before.

So basically seeking suggestions as to why TNT would have iced me, as well as how people cope with all of their legit effort and NC and lovely pets getting iced. :(

Edited by Majesty, 16 September 2013 - 07:23 AM.

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Using them on the same IP can result in a chain ice, icing of accounts that are on the same IP as the cheating one even if those accounts are legit. Sounds like that's what happened to your main.
Tickets can take months, all you can do is wait.

#3 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

I find it odd that your two accounts got frozen at different times although the same IP is used for both. Is TNT actually investigating, if not, I think it's weird that they didn't freeze all your accounts with the same reason.

#4 Chowder

Chowder
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Welcome to the club 

#5 Majesty

Majesty
  • 164 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

I didn't get chain iced though, only the two got frozen. I have another ABing account that I, like the other, didn't use very much. I also have a few sides and shells that I've used on the same IP.

#6 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

I've been frozen for having an easy to guess password in this format: a3jdo23fhlsk23 .  TNT is just trigger happy with their freezing.  They don't realize that freezing people causes more cheating than it prevents.

My advice: Move on, cheat harder to rebuild quicker.  Tickets are too slow to be worth pursuing, you'll probably get a response when you're into other things.

#7 Futurama

Futurama
  • 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Eh, I've been iced over uh 30+ times now? And I haven't even had an account for about 2-3 weeks lol.

Edited by Futurama, 16 September 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#8 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

Reading these always rustles my jimmies T____T

#9 toastercat

toastercat
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Sorry to hear!  :(

#10 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

how people cope with all of their legit effort and NC and lovely pets getting iced. :(

Start cheating like crazy. That stopped the freezings, for me lol

Sorry for your accounts. :/

Don't give up trying to get it back, but my advice is: rebuild. Whether or not you get your account back you can always keep the things you accomplished in the meantime. And if those bastards don't give you the account back at least you'll know you didn't just sit there waiting for them to stop laughing at your tickets.

It can be hard at first, specially when we spent so many to get a good account, but, that's life; never easy.

#11 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Sorry to hear about that too TC. which shops were you going too? Could be a break thing tbh

Eh, I've been iced over uh 30+ times now? And I haven't even had an account for about 2-3 weeks lol.

And how do you even gather your valuable hoard? that sounds like all your effort for nothing.

#12 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

It doesn't sound like you were chain-frozen. TNT just hates you.

Is it just me or has the freezing rate increased drastically in the past 1-3 years?

#13 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

I haven't been frozen yet, 8+ years and going strong. *knocks on wood*

#14 Vis

Vis
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

Like the others, I'm not exactly sure why you were caught out and frozen in two separate cases, although I agree that it might be IP-related.

Sucks to have your efforts taken away from you :(

Good luck rebuilding, nevertheless.

#15 Majesty

Majesty
  • 164 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

thanks for all the responses everyone!

i probably won't be rebuilding soon since i'm just too busy with life to get into neo again, rebuilding is so addicting and takes up too much time :(

Is it just me or has the freezing rate increased drastically in the past 1-3 years?

I think they have, a lot of things have changed in the past few years, neo has gotten pretty downhill imo

#16 Talix

Talix
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Cool story! Frankly, this isn't surprising, so why should you be?

#17 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

thanks for all the responses everyone!

i probably won't be rebuilding soon since i'm just too busy with life to get into neo again, rebuilding is so addicting and takes up too much time :(

I think they have, a lot of things have changed in the past few years, neo has gotten pretty downhill imo

Yep. :( I feel like the community's reached an all-time low. Customisation is so limited too because 90% of the nice items are NC.

#18 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

How do you accomplish that feat? I've never been frozen despite ABing on two accounts without bothering to use a proxy and periodically transferring high value HT items between the two.

#19 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

How do you accomplish that feat? I've never been frozen despite ABing on two accounts without bothering to use a proxy and periodically transferring high value HT items between the two.

We found a favoritismed user here.

#20 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

I don't use proxys (proxies? whatever) either. 
I created my 30th shell a couple days ago.
And have more than 15 shells where I use Abrosia and exchange high value items between them in a daily basis, 4 of them (shells)  for the last 3-4 years maybe, and I haven't been frozen since I started cheating.

I guess this is because I never ever use them to the boards (since that was the reason for my previous accounts get frozen when I didn't even know how to/where to go to cheating).
Even though my AB settings are very secure and I mostly RS on Igloo ( :lol2:) and my profits aren't like most of AB users, I feel damn happy to know that everyday I get few KK, trophies, avatars and TNT doesn't seem to care.

Low profile seems to be the secret. NF + boards and SS when you don't know what you're doing are the things to -most certainly- get you caught and frozen speed of light. 

Unless you're constantly trying to gamble your luck and push TNT to see how far can you go, you just have to be smart when cheating. 

#21 Majesty

Majesty
  • 164 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

And have more than 15 shells where I use Abrosia and exchange high value items between them in a daily basis, 4 of them (shells)  for the last 3-4 years maybe, and I haven't been frozen since I started cheating.

I guess this is because I never ever use them to the boards (since that was the reason for my previous accounts get frozen when I didn't even know how to/where to go to cheating).
Even though my AB settings are very secure and I mostly RS on Igloo ( :lol2:) and my profits aren't like most of AB users, I feel damn happy to know that everyday I get few KK, trophies, avatars and TNT doesn't seem to care.

Low profile seems to be the secret. NF + boards and SS when you don't know what you're doing are the things to -most certainly- get you caught and frozen speed of light. 

Unless you're constantly trying to gamble your luck and push TNT to see how far can you go, you just have to be smart when cheating. 

well thats smart but like

what do you do with the money then?

i've never cared too much for nps, i more go on the boards and work on my account legit because its funner and customize my pets because theyre cute

i've never really found the fun in just having tons of accounts to AB on and do nothing with :(

#22 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

well thats smart but like

what do you do with the money then?

i've never cared too much for nps, i more go on the boards and work on my account legit because its funner and customize my pets because theyre cute

i've never really found the fun in just having tons of accounts to AB on and do nothing with :(

Ahaha no, I don't hoard NP; my hoarding issues are strictly related to items. :p 

Despite the fact I love seeing all those big numbers, I can barely keep more than 10M in the bank, because I'm a shopaholic (only in Neo, fortunately).

I spend it all, mostly with weapons and things for my themed gallery (TP and MP, Draik Eggs, Krawks, PB, Magic Plushies)

I'm starting to customize my pets too, not only because I like it but since I started to win some game trophies I though it would make my accounts look more legit if I show I put some effort on them.

#23 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

That's a lot of shells :o Do you use different browsers/screen resolutions?
And do your scores get reviewed often?

#24 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

That's a lot of shells :o Do you use different browsers/screen resolutions?
And do your scores get reviewed often?

I create them because of the event/plot/sponsor thingies. It's just a way to feed my hoarding issues. lol

Same computer, same screen resolution. One browser to shells and another to my main account.

Only recently I started to invest in game avatars/trophies, so no, I don't get scores reviewed often.
In the last month I got three score reviews only on my main account (it's the only one I play actively to increase trophy/avatar numbers) all accepted without any trouble. 
I use AoB Cheat Engine and I don't go straight to high scores. Since I decided to get trophies without raise much suspicions I chose a game, play it for several days, increasing my score  a small % of at time. That way IF score gets reviewed and TNT decide to check, I have a background of "failed" tries.

I prefer get a dozen a trophies in one year than get frozen by doing something stupid.
Takes a lot of time and a bit trouble but, so far it's working smoothly and I'm happy with it. :)

#25 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I create them because of the event/plot/sponsor thingies. It's just a way to feed my hoarding issues. lol

Same computer, same screen resolution. One browser to shells and another to my main account.

Aren't you afraid of being chain-frozen? :o Or do you not SS at all?
And you use different emails for all the shells?

I see about the games. I suppose that would be logical. (: Guess you avoid avatar games, huh.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users