• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Hi everyone,

The time has come to make an important announcement! As you may know, I have been pretty inactive because of wrapping up my degree and getting a new job. It's with one of those startup companies that require quite a bit of attention. :p Because of this, I have decided to hand over my Administrator position to someone who I felt could introduce more energy into the community and represent Neocodex in a way that the other admins and I feel comfortable with. So, please join me in welcoming Strategist onto the Admin team!

To make the transition smooth, I will be taking a "consultant" type role to help him with any issues that arise. As well, I can be around for any "emergency" technical issues that arise. However, my day-to-day duties will cease. Strategist will have the collective experience of Hydrogen, Pyro699 and I (as well as the other moderators/programmers) to support him through the new challenges he will face, so I hope you all feel that you are in good hands. :p

What this now means is that there is now a vacancy in a Moderator position. Will they decide to promote another Moderator? Will they keep the position vacant? Who knows!

Will new ranks be introduced? New contests? New rules? :o The possibilities are endless!

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Sweet!

Strategist would make a more then perfect Admin! Yay!!!
Sorry to see you go though Shadow!

(First!)

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

Well, first of all, I would love to say a huge thanks to the rest of the team for the great jobs they've been doing thus far. I am also humbled that you guys think of me is such high regard. I hope that the rest of the community will welcome this change (I know of a few who may not, but meh, can't please everyone, right?). 

I am looking at working closely with the rest of the team here to improve and add new and exciting things to the forum. We will be looking to bring some new life to the forum in ways that haven't been done before here. We're always open to any suggestions you guys may have (as you can probably guess from the random surveys that have been appearing, we WANT to hear what you have to say). If you do miss out on contributing to the surveys at all and have anything to add, feel free to PM any of the staff (especially me :D) and we will add it to the list of things 'TO-DO'. 

As for the vacant position of moderator, we will be discussing this amongst the rest of the staff as to what the best course of action will be. We may even end up advertising/promoting someone in the near future. For now, I'm going to continue doing as much of the moderation as I can whilst learning the ropes of the Admin side of things. But, keep an eye out for vacancies.

I will do my best to uphold the professionalism of the site and continue to improve it as much as I can. I would appreciate it if you guys bear with me until I can get my head around the new role. 

With Summer coming to an end in the northern hemisphere and school returning, there will naturally be a decrease in activity on the forum, however, we are looking to counteract this by introducing fun new things to stimulate some activity. This won't necessarily be Neopets themed either (although that will be our primary goal). The last staff meeting that we conducted came up with some great ideas on what we can look at doing for you guys, so stay tuned! I know we say that we're looking into this stuff a lot and haven't really gotten anywhere lately, but I assure you, this is what I'm here for! I'm going to push the rest of the guys to implement as many of the things we discussed as possible.

In closing, I say thanks for giving me this opportunity guys and I look forward to working more closely with you all.

~Strategist/Mike

PS.

It seems really weird with SL as a 'programmer' now :'(

#4 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

Congrats Strat! May I ask though - what's the difference between an admin and a mod? Does the admin deal with more technical site issues while the mod simply deals with rule violations?

#5 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Thanks mate, yeah, technically I have access to everything now, this includes support tickets, ability to change things on the back end of the site etc. A moderator is generally there to keep the 'front' end of the site in good standing (ie, rule violations, moving/locking topics, hiding inappropriate things, etc).

#6 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Admins handle the technical issues, as well as define the vision of the site (rules, purpose, features, etc.). They supervise the moderators, whose role is to enforce the rules of the forum and conduct forum activities occasionally.

#7 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Congrats Strat mate on your promotion & Slink on your degree!

Whoooooooooo! :D

#8 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Thanks SL for all these years and good luck with your degree and job! Gongrats to Strategist on the new position. :)

#9 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

dat admin tag... so pretty. :x3:

congrats strat!

#10 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

Turnip for mod 2013.

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

Congratulations Strat! I knew you'd be perfect for the job ♥
Looking forward to seeing you SHINEEEEEE. 

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

Congratulations Strat! I knew you'd be perfect for the job ♥
Looking forward to seeing you SHINEEEEEE. 

Pressure much? Geez...... :p

#13 Vibe

Vibe
  • 469 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

Congratulations! :)

#14 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

Congratulations Mike!

I know you'll lead us with: steadfast professionalism (earth), a fiery passion (fire), something to do with wind, a sense of humor that will bring tears (water(LAME)), and a merciful yet swift banhammer (heart). Boy oh boy; you sound like CAPTAIN PLANET. . .

tah550.png

I'm sad to see you go Slinkers, but I can't say I didn't see this coming. Tis' and end of an era but a new beginning for Codex. Thank you for everything you've done over the years; however, before you 'leave' you should fix A[m]brosia ^,^..loveukbye

#15 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

Lol Adam, you make it sound like Slink is leaving the site altogether. Trust me, he'll still be around, especially because I'll need the help to guide me along in my new role :D

Also, the wind thing.... *ahem* ok, yeah, lets not go there.....

#16 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

By Slink leaving; I meant stepping down from the admin position.

#17 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

Pressure much? Geez...... :p

Pfft. You will be great and you have a great team to back you up.

#18 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

i am stricken with joy.

Spoiler

#19 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

That guy?

#20 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

yay!

#21 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

Welcome aboard man =)

#22 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Congrats Strat, I'm sure you'll make a great Admin :)

#23 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

Try not to break too much. :p

#24 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

How many nudes did this take?