Moms is gonna get paid

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

Stopped reading after
"reminds you that your PARENTS are the ones that deserve love and respect more than anyone"

Already a bad parent in that she thinks that her respect is deserved and not earned.

#27 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

Already a bad parent in that she thinks that her respect is deserved and not earned.

Wouldn't say that... most elders have my respect simply cause they're my elders, and not cause they did anything specific to earn it.

Plus, it's not unreasonable for the mother to expect her kids to respect her... she did raise them, feed them, clothe them, etc.

Edited by Syntax, 21 September 2013 - 03:25 AM.

#28 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Wouldn't say that... most elders have my respect simply cause they're my elders, and not cause they did anything specific to earn it.

Same here, but my elders actually act their age. If my parents were immature enough to do something like this (insult me online, have no respect for me) I'd probably have no respect for them either.

#29 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

Stopped reading after
"reminds you that your PARENTS are the ones that deserve love and respect more than anyone"

Clearly not an Asian

#30 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

I laughed reading it, and I am definitely hoping this ends in the Mother's favour. However, personally, I wouldn't do that. I don't know why, it's just uncharacteristic for me and I think I'd probably auction the tickets and save the helluva speech for my children in person. Minus the name calling and personal attacks on their friends' parents.

#31 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

I laughed reading it, and I am definitely hoping this ends in the Mother's favour. However, personally, I wouldn't do that. I don't know why, it's just uncharacteristic for me and I think I'd probably auction the tickets and save the helluva speech for my children in person. Minus the name calling and personal attacks on their friends' parents.

Pfft. That's Neopians for you.

#32 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

She's publicly shaming them, not unlike parents who make their kids hold signs on a street corner reading "I stole from this store" or the like. Bringing it to the internet is simply trying to reach the kid on her level.

I feel the mother gave into her emotions a bit too much; attacking her child's friends, shows weakness.

#33 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Pfft. That's Canadians for you.

Fixed it for you.

#34 Bear

Bear
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

People fake bid on auctions all the time. I suspect that the mother won't get the amount she thinks she will. 

#35 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

People fake bid on auctions all the time. I suspect that the mother won't get the amount she thinks she will. 

The auction's been taken down though. But yeah, she probably wouldn't have gotten that money.

#36 Erich

Erich
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

Do you think this is good parenting, or is the mom going too far by calling her daughter's friends fatherless whores?

no opinion either way. from what's posted, the kid deserved having the tickets sold but she'll probably be emotionally scarred and have mommy issues for the rest of her life. from a purely selfish point of view, however, it was 10 seconds of cheap entertainment for me so therefore i approve.

#37 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

from a purely selfish point of view, however, it was 10 seconds of cheap entertainment for me so therefore i approve.

I like you.  :lol2:

#38 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Lying to a mother isn't good.
Why are tickets so expensive?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users