65 replies to this topic

#1 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hey guys,

After much deliberation between myself and the Admins, we have come to the conclusion that we shall be requiring a couple of new staff members to help out around the site. With Kate moving into the position of 'lead moderator' and myself moving into an Admin position we feel the need to promote two new mods to help run the forum. That and the fact that punkrockbigmouth felt that she needed to resign due to a busy real life and not much time to contribute towards her role as moderator. (thanks for your support during your time as a moderator Punk! It's much appreciated).

The position(s) available currently are:

Moderator x2

'What's involved?' I hear you ask? Well here we go:

Moderators are entrusted to keep a watch over the site and deal with any issues that may arise at the time.

The responsibilities of the moderator are as follows:

• Your primary duty will be to enforce the official rules of the forum. Due to the subjective nature of some of the rules, this is often an art more than a science, which is why working together with the other staff is very important.
  • You must follow the rules of the forum yourself, and be a positive role model for other members to follow.
  • Because you would be a direct representative of Neocodex, it is also expected that various questions about our services and products will be sent to you by members. You would be required to be courteous and conduct yourself professionally.
  • On occasion, we will hold staff meetings. We will do our best to accommodate everyone's schedules, but if you cannot make it, please keep yourself up-to-date with the meeting minutes if you cannot attend. We also hold semi-regular Pizza Parties on our private yach.... *is dragged away by Shadowlink64* That shall be enough of that...  :p
  • It's also expected that staff make an appearance on IRC every so often. Not only is it a great team-building area where you get to know other staff better, but it's an excellent place to vent your frustrations, or get advice about specific issues. We have to keep moderating fun somehow, so this is the place for that.

There are a few other things that are required of you if you are accepted into the position, but that can be discussed in your Application PM.

So without further ado, feel free to apply for a position on staff, but please be professional and serious about your application. We shall look through all of them and then contact a number of you if we feel you meet our requirements.

Please use this template below as part of your application:

Spoiler

Essentially, we want people to apply who have a drive to continue to improve the site and introduce new and innovative ideas to help it improve!

Please send your applications to me no later than Friday, 11th October, 2013. These will then be sorted through by the current staff and the rest of the Admin team (who will be the ones who make the final yes/no decision).

Good luck to you all.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

Turnip for mod 2013.

Or me.

Spoiler

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Turnip for mod 2013.

Or me.

Spoiler

Tell her to apply ;)

#4 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Turnip for mod 2013.

I second this. 

#5 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

Elin for mod:
1. What makes you think you would be an asset to the staff?
Elindoril has been an active part of the community for over 4 years, he is always very friendly and helpful.
2. Have you had any previous experience before in a similar position?
Yes, Elindoril has been a moderator in pretty much every site on the web.
3. Is there anything you feel you could improve with the way the site is run/managed?
He has a 3-step plan that he believes that could effectively double your profits.

#6 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

Emma Watson 2013!
Beauty you can believe in.

Edited by Adam, 27 September 2013 - 05:32 AM.

#7 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

Drak Ulfsaar for mod 2013

super original stuff going on in here, I know

#8 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

Tessa for mod 2013.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Elin for mod:

Wait, how helpful have I been as of late? The site's so dead there's no one to help.

#10 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

Wait, how helpful have I been as of late? The site's so dead there's no one to help.

Part of any new moderator's duties will be to increase activity exponentially.

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Er sorry I have somewhere important to be for the next forever.

#12 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

but i thought moderating was just.... moderating? cleaning up shitposts and banning people who are breaking the rules

??

its so weird hearing that part of the job is to try increasing activity too

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

but i thought moderating was just.... moderating? cleaning up shitposts and banning people who are breaking the rules
??
its so weird hearing that part of the job is to try increasing activity too

It's a role which entails many different elements like changing Strategist's colostomy bag. We don't include that kind of thing in the job description otherwise nobody would apply.

#14 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Er sorry I have somewhere important to be for the next forever.

I doubt it would be anything as gag-worthy as changing out colostomy bags (as Waser so eloquently offered up as comprising one of many moderator elements)...but I must say that a good mod definitely can definitely enhance site activity in the simplest of ways. A case in point is Strategist, though not in the colostomy context: I have had some questions over the past couple of months or so that were definitely too stupid most likely to post on boards, so I messaged him and instead received very helpful answers about things that seasoned Codexians would consider commonplace. It quickly made me feel more at home, even to the point that I started entering contests and such.

Anyway, that's just my two (perhaps three) cents.  ;)

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

I doubt it would be anything as gag-worthy as changing out colostomy bags (as Waser so eloquently offered up as comprising one of many moderator elements)...

There's also Pyro's feet shaving and Hydrogen's butt waxing if you're not keen on colostomy bags. We like to give people a range of options to choose from.

#16 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Shaving Pyro's feet is the highlight of my day, everyday. :3

#17 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

There's also Pyro's feet shaving and Hydrogen's butt waxing if you're not keen on colostomy bags. We like to give people a range of options to choose from.

zomgcrazybatman.gif

Ummm...okay, the laughing Batman looks a bit spastic (as though he's the victim of a butt waxing session gone horribly awry), so I offer this one now instead:

graphics-laughing-621162.gif

Edited by Cordelia, 28 September 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#18 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Strat for mod 2013

You heard me

>:\

#19 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

• You must follow the rules of the forum yourself, and be a positive role model for other members to follow.

2dsk105.gif

#20 flea

flea
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

can we make a hiphop subforum ? ill moderate it 

Edited by 275, 28 September 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#21 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

SHE GON CHEAT.

Edited by Adam, 28 September 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Moderate all the content that will swarm into it, right?

#23 flea

flea
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

yes

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

Moderate all the content that will swarm into it, right?

By moderate do we mean delete? If so I'm all for it.

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

I can't wait to have two new, awesome, fabulous people to work with :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users