52 replies to this topic

#26 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

futurama's house

Why would I need piles and piles of useless?

#27 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

Why would I need piles and piles of useless?

idk, I've always wanted to be the dragon from the fairy tale, sitting on top of a bunch of things and making people die when I die. That's why I play Neopets.

Edited by Napiform, 02 October 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#28 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

idk, I've always wanted to be the dragon from the fairy tale, sitting on top of a bunch of things and making people die when I die. That's why I play Neopets.

How do people die when you die on Neopets?

#29 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Spoiler

#30 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

i understand zilch about the current issue but napi has explained quite nicely. thanks. :D

personally, i think US should cut their military spending. imagine how much they can save from that... :drool:

Edited by Stuck, 03 October 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#31 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

Nalah, that deserved a screen shot. (I'm on my phone).

US GOVERMENT WAT ARE YOU DOING? US GOVERMENT! STAHP!

I just noticed that had a double meaning, stahp the goverment (shutdown), and stahp the crap your doing and fix this.

Edited by Satsuki, 03 October 2013 - 03:50 AM.

#32 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

How do people die when you die on Neopets?

Don't be silly. No one dies cause I'm not dying yet. But I hoard ALL the shit on Neopets.

i understand zilch about the current issue but napi has explained quite nicely. thanks. :D

personally, i think US should cut their military spending. imagine how much they can save from that... :drool:

Thanks! It's probs like the blind leading the blind though.

Also this: <<click that link plz plz plz

enhanced-buzz-20648-1380640793-25.jpg

Frustration turned violent Thursday, when a woman rammed her car into a barricade at the White House and then led 20 police cruisers up Pennsylvania Avenue to take a run at the Capitol. Shots were fired. It was not quite clear what she was mad about, but thereā€™s no shortage of prospects. No targets of her rage were hurt, though the cops killed her. It was an unhappy third day of Obamacare.

Just saw this while looking something up for the girls:

Due to the lapse in government funding, census.gov sites, services, and all online survey collection requests will be unavailable until further notice.

Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at <usa.gov>.

Websites affected by this shutdown are all census.gov hosted websites, including:

Census.gov
American Factfinder
Public API
FTP Servers
FAQs
Blogs
Online Surveys
Federal Statistical Organization websites: FCSM, FedStats and MapStats

Apparently, there also aren't any recalls being made, though you can see things that were previously recalled.

Edited by Napiform, 07 October 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#33 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

As for Obamacare, maybe a national vote will determine whether or not it should stay.

No way. If there's anyone stupider than Congress, it's the general population. There's no doubt in my mind the American people would vote to get rid of the Affordable Healthcare Act, because they don't/won't/can't understand that this is a change that is beneficial to them in many ways.

The best solution is for someone to find out how Republicans can make a fuckton of money off Obamacare. When I see a loophole, I'll be sure to let my representatives know. Then I'm sure they'll all hop right on board. 

#34 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

If Obamacare was as bad as they say it is, then why not just let it be terrible and get their "I told you so" in 2014? If the American people hate it all they have to do is elect enough republican senators in 2014 to override Obamas veto and boom the Affordable Care Act is gone. Instead they've put more people on government programs since tons of furloughed workers are rushing to get on unemployment. People are having to ration their food since food banks and WIC programs are running out of money. And these fuckers are still getting paid and trying to rationalize it to the American people. If they don't raise the debt ceiling then they could ruin the economy altogether worse than anything the Affordable Care Act could've done. I really don't understand their rationale for playing these kinds of games with people's lives.

#35 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

I guess people in the military aren't getting death benefits right now either, including the money allotted for burial.

#36 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

CDC has parts shut down, and the place that gives clinical trials for new drugs (NiH is gone as well.). The website is still up but they aren't doing clinical trials. Kids with cancer can't get into trials to get drugs that may save their lives. The US goverment is hurting kids with cancer. I can't imagine in the developed world that there is a goverment worse than this.
Change.org has a petition up for the goverment to reopen the nih clinical trials so this girl and others can get the drugs that might save their lives.
https://www.change.o...dThv_mZiRvNgYzG
(As a reference for my info).

Edited by Satsuki, 09 October 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#37 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

As a follow up to Apparently, there also aren't any recalls being made, though you can see things that were previously recalled, there is currently a salamonella outbreak linked to chicken in California, but none of the meat is being recalled. They're claiming they have the CDC looking into it still though.

THIS HAS MADE 278 PEOPLE IN 18 STATES SICK AND IT'S NOT BEING RECALLED BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT IS SHUT DOWN. WHAT THE FUCK.

ā€œI know that we will not be conducting multi-state outbreak investigations,ā€ a CDC staffer told Wired.comā€™s Maryn McKenna last week. ā€œStates may continue to find outbreaks, but we wonā€™t be doing the cross-state consultation and laboratory work to link outbreaks that might cross state borders.ā€

Edited by Napiform, 09 October 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#38 LtSurge

LtSurge
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

Ugh politics. This BS wasn't needed if some people just added a bit of water to the wine. But nooooooooo let's be retards, and F it up, while we with our good salary have no problems!

#39 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

My University is about to go on strike and shut down as well

THANKS OBAMA(care)

#40 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

The latest impacts: New aircraft grounded, military chaplains silenced and a crab harvest jeopardized in the Bering Sea.

From TC (an interview):
adam: Let me put it this way, and this is just my base
[11:06 AM] adam: We have somewhere around 90 C130's on our ramp
[11:07 AM] adam: about 20 of them fly every day, anywhere between 1-3 times a day
[11:07 AM] adam: So we'll just say 2 times a day...fuck it
[11:07 AM] adam: 20 x an average of 36,000lbs of fuel
[11:07 AM] adam: is uh
[11:07 AM] napiform: a lot
[11:07 AM] adam: 760,000lbs of fuel a day
[11:08 AM] napiform: wow
[11:08 AM] adam: 1 gallon of fuel is I think 3.1lbs
[11:08 AM] napiform: yeah
[11:08 AM] adam: So 245,000gal of fuel a day
[11:09 AM] adam: Now lets find out how much 1 gallon of Jet-A fuel costs
[11:10 AM] adam: Okay so the average Jet-A fuel price in my area is ~$5 / gallon
[11:10 AM] napiform: so 5 times 245000
[11:10 AM] napiform: like 2 mill
[11:10 AM] napiform: 1.5
[11:10 AM] adam: $1,225,000 per day
[11:10 AM] napiform: a day
[11:10 AM] napiform: A DAY
[11:10 AM] adam: PER DAY
[11:10 AM] adam: A DAY
[11:10 AM] adam: UNO EL DAYO
[11:11 AM] adam: That's just my base

^^NOT INCLUDING ANY OTHER BASE WORLDWIDE OR IN THE US. JUST ONE BASE IN ARKANSAS.

Edited by Napiform, 14 October 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#41 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

A bunch of tea party assholes bumrushed the national monuments and parks with confederate flags protesting the fact that veterans monuments have been shut down. 

Because obviously that's way more important than feeding women and children, burying fallen soldiers, paying 800k+ federal workers and containing an outbreak of foodbourne disease.

tumblr_mqmedlvpcF1qbd7xwo1_500.gif

#42 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

A bunch of tea party assholes bumrushed the national monuments and parks with confederate flags protesting the fact that veterans monuments have been shut down. 

Because obviously that's way more important than feeding women and children, burying fallen soldiers, paying 800k+ federal workers and containing an outbreak of foodbourne disease.

tumblr_mqmedlvpcF1qbd7xwo1_500.gif

All part of the game. Gotta be out there getting your picture taken with the vets and what not, to show how much you truly 'care' about all the touching issues. Starving kids isn't a sexy problem, who cares about that shit? :p

#43 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

All part of the game. Gotta be out there getting your picture taken with the vets and what not, to show how much you truly 'care' about all the touching issues. Starving kids isn't a sexy problem, who cares about that shit? :p

Kinda like how TNT manages their stuff. If an average user gets frozen for no reason, they'll get no reply or a reply in 10 months saying 'sorry, can't unfreeze you' while an nc buyer probably gets a response in a day and even if they actually broke the rules, tnt'll just let them slide. Basically, $ speaks even though TNT and the government won't admit it.

#44 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Stupid shutdown is ruining my AP work. I have a lab due on water usage, but one of the sites that would be extremely helpful is down because Congress can't agree on anything. (http://www.usgs.gov/)

If they pass a budget, they'll only end up doing this exact same thing in a couple of months. (that's all the do, short term fixes so they can continue to argue. No funding the government for 3 years, nope only funding for a couple months.)

The current senate bill would only fund us though the middle of February, we'd be having this same exact fight over the budget again in 4 months (possibly without the shutdown, but there'd still be the same old fight about the budget). 

#45 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

The House is now back in session. The representatives are now on the debt ceiling agreement about a short debate period.

By a vote of 81 - 18, the Senate passed the debt ceiling agreement reached between Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY). 

Following the Senate vote, President Obama came to the White House Brady Briefing Room and thanked the leaders of both parties in the Senate for passing the agreement. The President said he would sign the measure immediately once it arrives at his desk

Speaker Boehner issued a statement saying that the House GOP will not vote to stop the agreement. " . . . blocking the bipartisan agreement reached today by the members of the Senate will not be a tactic for us," he wrote.

The agreement  would raise the debt limit until February 2014, fund the government through January 2014 and establish a joint House-Senate committee to make spending cut decisions.

The federal government has been shut down since October 1 and funding for all government operations expired September 13. The Obama Administration has said that Thursday is when the Treasury Department will run out of its borrowing authority to fully pay the nation's bills if the debt ceiling is not increased.

#46 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

The House is now back in session. The representatives are now on the debt ceiling agreement about a short debate period.

By a vote of 81 - 18, the Senate passed the debt ceiling agreement reached between Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY). 

Following the Senate vote, President Obama came to the White House Brady Briefing Room and thanked the leaders of both parties in the Senate for passing the agreement. The President said he would sign the measure immediately once it arrives at his desk

Speaker Boehner issued a statement saying that the House GOP will not vote to stop the agreement. " . . . blocking the bipartisan agreement reached today by the members of the Senate will not be a tactic for us," he wrote.

The agreement  would raise the debt limit until February 2014, fund the government through January 2014 and establish a joint House-Senate committee to make spending cut decisions.

The federal government has been shut down since October 1 and funding for all government operations expired September 13. The Obama Administration has said that Thursday is when the Treasury Department will run out of its borrowing authority to fully pay the nation's bills if the debt ceiling is not increased.

http://imgur.com/wd0kayY

Since apparently Codex is now terrified of either imgur in general or the most common picture file extensions on the planet, I can't just reply with the picture..

#47 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

http://imgur.com/wd0kayY

Since apparently Codex is now terrified of either imgur in general or the most common picture file extensions on the planet, I can't just reply with the picture..

NSA is watching

Edited by Napiform, 17 October 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#48 Scot

Scot
  • ā‰”^į“„^ā‰”

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

vcmbTGx.jpg

#49 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Yep, in another couple months, this same fight will happen again. Why can't we just fund the government, and raise the debt ceiling for a year instead of a couple months?

A small reprieve until January when the bill stops funding the government, and February when we hit the debt ceiling again.

(2013 now, so as soon as January hits, there's 2014 coming straight at us).

I am still filled with much shame. 

American people: Y U NO AGREE ON ANYTHING? Y U SO SHAMEFUL?

American government: BITCH I DO WHAT I WANT

Edited by Satsuki, 17 October 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#50 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

http://www.theonion....om-memor,34228/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, anarchy, pandacam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users