Quantcast

Photo

What (alcohol) are you drinking right now(-ish)?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#26 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

I have never had an amaretto sour. We have all the ingredients ingredients downstairs, so maybe tomorrow night I'll whip one up. We don't actually have a shaker yet (I know, I know), so I'll improvise.

*whispers* America has made you duuuuumb~~~<3

#27 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

*whispers* America has made you duuuuumb~~~<3

*blames iPad for that one*

#28 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

Right this moment?  Nothing.

What I have in stock, though:

• Northern Brewer's "Caribou Slobber" Brown Ale - In bottles and will likely be ready within a week or two.
  • A Belgian Golden Strong Ale sitting in a fermenter.
  • Jim Beam
  • Wild Turkey
  • Jagermeister
  • Peppermint Schnapps
  • Bacardi Limon
  • Bacardi Gold
  • Some American Pale Ale my roommate doesn't like and he gave to me (I haven't tried it yet)
  • One bottle of wine (Came in my company's Christmas basket)

I'm running low on supplies.  I need:

• Vodka
  • Gin (I need to give this another fair shake)
  • More beer
  • Sailor Jerry's
  • More bourbons

I do not need:

• Tequila (I value my life)

#29 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

Today I had some wine called Cosa Bella it's a dessert moscato that I'm in love with at the moment.

#30 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

Made the amaretto sours on Monday night, in my ghetto substitute cocktail shaker. They came out pretty good, although I served them in martini glasses instead of tumblers. I used fresh lemon juice and "fresh"ly mixed simple syrup.

Little too sweet for our tastes as an all-night drink, but a nice one-off. Might try adding some bitters next time to add a little complexity. I'd like to use orange, but I only have Angostura and black walnut bottles right now.

#31 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

0jjCYYr.jpg

I have a bottle of this at home which I can't wait to drink at the end of the month.

#32 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Crown and Coke.
Deschutes Beer.
Hopworks Beer.

#33 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Joe just made us some Old Fashioneds(sp?).  We picked up some rye bourbon (Jim Beam, supercheap) and already had the bitters and simple syrup (Joe makes his own).  Me likey.

#34 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

JD Honey

Cherry Sourz and coke

#35 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

Zlatý Bažant (Golden Pheasant). 'Tis a beer from Slovakia. :p

#36 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

In order:

The aforementioned Old Fashioneds.
Don Julio Reposado tequila shots.
Absolut Cherrykran and Sprite/Absolut Orient Apple and Ale81 ginger beer.
Romana Black sambuca sippers.
Jaegermeister Spice and Jack Daniels Winter Cider/Woodford Reserve bourbon.
Don Julio Reposado tequila shots, round two.
A splash of Trader Vic's Macadamia Nut liqueur.

Water.

#37 rlvb

rlvb
  • 70 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:02 AM

Edited by rlvb, 19 January 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:13 AM

AMF (Adios Motherfucker)
It's supposed to knock you off your feet or something.
It has vodka, tequila, rum, gin, and this blue stuff.
It's strong though.

You have misconstrued the purpose of this thread.

I do like, though, how you felt it was necessary to note that a drink containing four different spirits is "strong".

#39 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:46 AM

Doesn't a Long Island ice tea have 5 different spirits? I had a few in NI and was misguided by its sweetness.
Also has anyone had a beer called Jeremiah Weed? Very, very nice.

#40 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

Doesn't a Long Island ice tea have 5 different spirits? I had a few in NI and was misguided by its sweetness.Also has anyone had a beer called Jeremiah Weed? Very, very nice.

The tea has triple sec, sour mix and cola in it which are responsible for how sweet it is. It also has tequila, vodka, light rum and gin. Some places in America make it illegal to consume more than one of them at a time.

I'll have to give the Jeremiah Weed a shot. I have had their hard lemonade; they also make a hard cola, hard tea, and their own bourbon. I didn't know they had a beer.

#41 Eilann

Eilann
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Lol random post on a neopets related site LOL. Anyways I think the weirdest alchohol I drank and the most VILE experience of my life was at a kickback a few weeks ago. Seniors always bring in weird janky alchohol and I usually stick with smirnoff or somthing easy to get from a hook but I remember a guy walking up to me and my friends and offering us a drink he called "Magic Fire" We were pretty desperate so we drank some and got ridiculously drunk from the little sip we had. It was clear and was some of the harshest alchohol ive ever drank. Maybe it was absinthe or somthing LOL.

Ohh also my go to thing right now is Sailor Jerries and coke lol. It tastes pretty good surprisingly enough o.O

#42 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

Lol random post on a neopets related site LOL. Anyways I think the weirdest alchohol I drank and the most VILE experience of my life was at a kickback a few weeks ago. Seniors always bring in weird janky alchohol and I usually stick with smirnoff or somthing easy to get from a hook but I remember a guy walking up to me and my friends and offering us a drink he called "Magic Fire" We were pretty desperate so we drank some and got ridiculously drunk from the little sip we had. It was clear and was some of the harshest alchohol ive ever drank. Maybe it was absinthe or somthing LOL.
Ohh also my go to thing right now is Sailor Jerries and coke lol. It tastes pretty good surprisingly enough o.O

This isn't just a Neopets site anymore. It hasn't been for a long, long time.

I would advise you to never, ever drink something that you do not know the real name of, and certainly never something you did not see mixed. And it sounds like that person gave you everclear. It does not sound like absinthe.

#43 Eilann

Eilann
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Oh maybe it was lol. It was kind of spicy if that makes sense at all?

#44 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

Drank some beer tonight. My friends were having straight tequila (Jose Cuervo) all night... Not quite sure how they were doing it. My Jose Cuervo has been sitting in the fridge since I took that one shot of it on my 21st. Sometimes I think about drinking it, but then I remember the experience I had from that first shot of it - my first shot of tequila ever. It haunts me.

#45 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

Emily, you don't need to keep liquor in the fridge.

#46 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Emily, you don't need to keep liquor in the fridge.

Oh, I didn't know that... Welp, this is backwards. I have my beer on the counter and my liquor in the fridge. 

#47 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

Oh, I didn't know that... Welp, this is backwards. I have my beer on the counter and my liquor in the fridge. 

Geez Emily, what the heck have you been learning at college if not how to store beer and liquor?! :p

#48 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

If there was a liquor called Facepalm, it would be your spirit shooter.

#49 Faintingcow

Faintingcow
  • Uncle Fancypants

• 199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

Drank some beer tonight. My friends were having straight tequila (Jose Cuervo) all night... Not quite sure how they were doing it. My Jose Cuervo has been sitting in the fridge since I took that one shot of it on my 21st. Sometimes I think about drinking it, but then I remember the experience I had from that first shot of it - my first shot of tequila ever. It haunts me.

Mail it to me! I love tequila

#50 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

Jose Cuervo...ack! THIS is the only tequila I adore:

2ngho2g.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users