Netflix :D

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

What's on your netflix list, or what are some of your favorite shows to watch on there?

I just (semi)recently finished Breaking Bad, had to use Hola in chrome to switch to the UK because the US didnt have the last 8 episode (until now, I think they were added a few days ago).

But I must say, I was kind of unsatisfied with the ending. :/

I'm also a huge fan of:

Sherlock, Once Upon a Time, Sons of Anarchy  :wub:

And I really enjoyed Orange is the New Black, I'm excited for the 2nd season.

Then of course there are the comedy series, Parks & Rec, Modern Family, How I met your mother (which I havent seen past 7, but I heard they are draggin that out like crazy, meh), love love love the office.

Well, if you cant already tell, I watch entirely too much TV/netflix.

I also recently started watching Game of Thrones.

And currently in my list:

House of Cards, Dexter, American Horror Story, Bates Motel, Wilfred, and Lost (I've seen only the first season back when it aired)

((I hope this isn't already a thread, I tried searching and didn't see anything))

Edited by kaashmoney, 27 February 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#2 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

Do you have a bf???

#3 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

I gave up my netflix account when I realized I was still downloading just as much as before I got it.

At the present I'm considering whether I want to get back on that particular horse (all secondary meanings intended) for their venture into original programming, house of cards. I'm the type of person who not only watches too much video, but I get lost in it. For days.

I think it'll still be on there... If you're curious as to why I would answer the way I did, look up a show called Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Episode 11 in particular speculates on this sort of addiction, and how the worst is yet to come.

50 years ago people worried about AI, robots, and the computing machines themselves. As we get closer to full symbiosis, I think it will become evident that the problem isn't the machines, but what we end up doing with the machines, and how much we do it.

Scratch that, I've found the episode on youtube.

http://youtu.be/GI6pQHDmA2g?t=7m29s

Cyberbrain closed shell syndrome. I have an advanced stage of it. Only half joking.

#4 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Orange is the New Black needs to HURRY UP. I feel like I've been waiting years for the new season to come out *mumbles*

Last night, I watched The Truman Show because my friend recommended it to me. It was alright. I've watched Greek, The Vampire Diaries, Dexter, some stand up comedy shows, American Horror Story, Revenge, The Black Donnellys (HIGHLY recommend), The Walking Dead, etc. I watch quite a few documentaries on there too. 

One of my go-to TV shows will always be How I Met Your Mother. I've seen every episode, but if I'm having a bad day I'll pick a season and watch a few episodes. Sometimes I fall asleep to it. They're only dragging out the final season - trust me, I'm sick of it. The entire season has taken place over the course of two days. I recommend watching the 8th season though - you finally get to see what the mother looks like ;)

Also, rude. You got me excited thinking that Modern Family was on Netflix :p

Current List:

How I Met Your Mother (always on the current list) 

Other than that... 

951ef4315612c07f965ab0de301fe7d2.png

#5 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

Ooh.  @redlion I love me some GITS *pokes avvie*

Watched soo many shows on Netflix already, and liked almost every series I started (pretty much everything except Lost -- friggin dissapointment for me).

A list of titles I've seen:

- OITNB

- House of Cards

- Sherlock

- Walking Dead

- Dr Who

- Lost

- Covert Affairs

- X Files

- Downton Abbey

- Suits

- Community

- Lilyhammer
- Touch
- Samurai Champloo

- Lip Service

- L Word

I really recommend Lilyhammer. It's a less popular title on Netflix but a has a pretty funny story. Mobster gets witness protection from FBI and starts a new life in Norway. Stirs some shit up and gets away with it. Love it.

#6 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:22 AM

Last year, I subscribed for netflix for two months to marathon the available episodes of American Horror Story and Dr Who. I don't regret it,but I wish they had a bigger selection.

#7 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:24 AM

I thought Sherlock was so bad it became hilarious, but everyone seems to think it's great. The only thing I like about it is Sherlock's wallpaper and coat. I much prefer Elementary, but I haven't been able to keep up with it. :/

Do they still have Fringe on Netflix? I started watching that, was addicted to it, and then I stopped watching when

Spoiler

Everything after season two of Lost is pointless, therefore making the first two seasons pointless. What a fucking dumb series. I stopped watching

Spoiler

I REALLY liked the last episode of Breaking Bad.

It probably helped that I've always loved this fucking song...

#8 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

I thought Sherlock was so bad it became hilarious, but everyone seems to think it's great. The only thing I like about it is Sherlock's wallpaper and coat. I much prefer Elementary, but I haven't been able to keep up with it. :/

What.

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

I've watched pretty much every show listed here including all the ones listed in the first post.

You should definitely watch Arrested Development.
I'm currently watching The 4400 because my options are wearing down. I don't think there's much on Netflix that I haven't seen yet.

Also, I wanted to share what I did yesterday:
1517390_263638807130291_1264258334_n.jpg

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:00 AM

We just have Cristen, Joe and Girls :p

#11 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

I'm going to need to create a Netflix profile for @Kat when she gets here so my suggestions don't match Benedict Cumberbatch's filmography

#12 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

We just have Cristen, Joe and Girls :p

Mine used to say Daniel, Katlyn, Boys

lol I felt like it needed spicing up.

#13 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

I couldn't get into Orange is the New Black OR How I Met Your Mother /fail

We watched That 70s Show from back to front though, I LOVE Gossip Girl, My Strange Addiction, and some British teen drama that I can't remember the name of (Skin, maybe?)

@Mishelle told me the name of one I wanted to watch but forgot the name of (about midwifery and birthing, help me remember the name)

(and @Kate told me about one I want to watch with Yung, something like reality TV show where they don't let them eat or sleep and then pretend like it's the end of the world. I don't think that was on Netflix though.)

#14 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

(and @Kate told me about one I want to watch with Yung, something like reality TV show where they don't let them eat or sleep and then pretend like it's the end of the world. I don't think that was on Netflix though.)

The Colony :p

#15 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

I love netflix, although I never can find anything to watch so I always rewatch old shows.

Recently watched shows

Orange Is The New Black

The Walking Dead

Pretty Little Liars

Doctor Who

Grey's Anatomy

Vampire Diaries

Arrested Development

After I get caught up on shows that I'm always late to start, I download the rest of the episodes.

I need new shows to watch, anyone have suggestions?

#16 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Everything after season two of Lost is pointless, therefore making the first two seasons pointless. What a fucking dumb series. I stopped watching

Spoiler

I agree. First two seasons are pretty interesting. Afterwards it totally goes off on a tangent never to return. Dharma Initiative and the Others shouldve been a more sinister and in-depth operation. The alternate timeline thing is annoying and a mistake. Time traveling? Wrong kind of show for that... I'll stick with Dr Who.

Also I really don't like Sherlock that much.. too ridiculous of a plot and I don't like the characters. I force myself to watch it with my gf bc she likes it >< 
On the upside, it's filmed well I guess.

#17 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

http://ca.ign.com/ar...ding-to-netflix

YAY

#18 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

I guess no one watches Community here  :cool:

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

I mainly use it for anime and movies that I'm too lazy to download.

I love how they recommend Digimon "for kids", but didn't put the dub version up. What little kid is going to read all those subtitles?

#20 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

POKEMON IS COMING

#21 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

Psshhhhhh. I have Pokemon on VHS. Who needs Netflix?

#22 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

Psshhhhhh. I have Pokemon on VHS. Who needs Netflix?

We don't have a VHS player.

I think.

#23 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

We don't have a VHS player.

I think.

Neither do I. *sobs*

I have so many awesome movies on VHS that I can't even watch. Damn you, technology! *shakes fist*

#24 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Tomorrow Pokemon comes to Netflix and my entire body is ready for this binge watch.

I couldn't get into Orange is the New Black OR How I Met Your Mother /fail

We watched That 70s Show from back to front though, I LOVE Gossip Girl, My Strange Addiction, and some British teen drama that I can't remember the name of (Skin, maybe?)

@Mishelle told me the name of one I wanted to watch but forgot the name of (about midwifery and birthing, help me remember the name)

It's called "Call the Midwife"

#25 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Do you have a bf???

Haha yes... we will celebrate our 6 year in May. xD I think he may watch more Netflix than I do atm, because he is unemployed and in the process of getting his car fix so he can go out and find a job. hahaha

Orange is the New Black needs to HURRY UP. I feel like I've been waiting years for the new season to come out *mumbles*

Last night, I watched The Truman Show because my friend recommended it to me. It was alright. I've watched Greek, The Vampire Diaries, Dexter, some stand up comedy shows, American Horror Story, Revenge, The Black Donnellys (HIGHLY recommend), The Walking Dead, etc. I watch quite a few documentaries on there too. 

One of my go-to TV shows will always be How I Met Your Mother. I've seen every episode, but if I'm having a bad day I'll pick a season and watch a few episodes. Sometimes I fall asleep to it. They're only dragging out the final season - trust me, I'm sick of it. The entire season has taken place over the course of two days. I recommend watching the 8th season though - you finally get to see what the mother looks like ;)

Also, rude. You got me excited thinking that Modern Family was on Netflix :p

Current List:

How I Met Your Mother (always on the current list) 

Other than that... 

Oh... I thought modern family was on there? Maybe its in another country (Hola = best app on Chrome, ever). I feel like someone else mentioned The Black Donnellys.. Definitely will have to look into that.

Also, the truman show is one of my favorite movies. idk why, but I stinkin love it. Could be somewhat a nostalgia thing. There is also a soundclip from that movie in a song of one of my favorite bands xD

I've watched pretty much every show listed here including all the ones listed in the first post.

You should definitely watch Arrested Development.
I'm currently watching The 4400 because my options are wearing down. I don't think there's much on Netflix that I haven't seen yet.

Ahh! Arrested Development, I knew I forgot something xD Although, I have yet to watch the 4th season. I'm weary about it and have heard mixed things. :/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users