Quantcast

Photo

Afternoon Naps

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Afternoon Naps (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Naps?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Recently I found myself taking more and more naps lately. Naps are very seasonal to me. It's weird because it's only the spring and fall times are when I have the urge to jump into bed or find the nearest dry, stable ground and snore the day away. During the winter and the summer seasons, the urge almost never exists. I'm not narcoleptic or have seasonal depression (which I recently found out exists) or am diagnosed with anything physiological that may be the cause. I might be just plain lazy during those times because of school most likely.

When I do take naps, I always find myself cocooning myself and only take like 10 to 30 minute naps. Anything more will make me hate the world with unworldly red eyes. I've recently learned how to power nap for 10 minutes and feel like I have slept for hours with breathing exercises and mental clutter control. It sadly does not work during all nighters.

What is everyone else's nap schedule like? If you don't take naps, what do you to prevent yourself from sleeping during the day?

Share.

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

The last time I took a nap was when I was exhausted from staying up for about 3 days straight working on a research project. I don't really have the time to take many naps, plus I don't tend to like them all that much. I always wake up all groggy instead of refreshed. I've heard in college though, naps are a wonderful thing. 

As for preventing myself from sleeping, I have no idea. I can be awake in 1st period, which ends at 9:02 am, and then nearly fall asleep in 2nd. My head will nod and my eyes will close, but somehow I always manage to not fall completely asleep. 

#3 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

If i get off class before 3 ill get the urge to take a nap then end up staying up till 3 only to wake up at 7:30. :p

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

I've heard in college though, naps are a wonderful thing. 

Naps are a blessing in college. My usual schedule has about two to four 1 and a half hour lectures per day that doesn't include chem/bio/physics labs that spans for 2-4 hours each. The good thing about college is that you don't have to be in a class for all 7-8ish hours in a row like in high school. There's usually gaps between classes where naps are not necessary but usually taken. Like for today, I had class from 8:00AM to 1:30PM, and I took a lunch/nap break until another class that started at 4:30. 

#5 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

I wish I had a longer lunch break between work so I could take a quick snooze. But I love naps! They are amazing :)

#6 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

Like a child.

The Boy quite often comes home from work to find me out like a light. Usually manage a good 90 minutes or so between getting home from work and dinner. I've suggested to my boss many times that I would be far more productive with a nice siesta in the mid/late afternoon.

At weekends any time we're not actually doing something, I'm dozing. I don't really keep up with any tv or anything because unless we're out or with people, I like to be asleep.

#7 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

I wish I could nap more than I get to.  My schedule doesn't really permit napping.

#8 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

I only nap when my body feels tired.  Otherwise I risk screwing up my sleep schedule. D:

#9 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

I usually will take naps after an early exam or a long day of classes. Depending on what I have going on, the naps could be anywhere from half an hour to almost 2. I'm one of those people who could sleep all the time so its really not that weird for me. 

Pro tip: drink your coffee before you take a nap (for 30ish minutes) and you'll wake up right as the coffee starts to take effect. I do this all the time when studying for exams and it always works!

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

I take naps on a regular basis out of sheer need during the school semester. My brain is so overworked and exhausted I need to recharge. Sadly I never have enough actual time to nap so I often just drink tons of coffee at about 4-5 which messes up my sleep schedule even more. It's awful. I basically am a zombie during the week then sleep for the entire weekend.

Now I work weekends so I'm a zombie 24/7

#11 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

The last time I took a nap was when I was exhausted from staying up for about 3 days straight working on a research project. I don't really have the time to take many naps, plus I don't tend to like them all that much. I always wake up all groggy instead of refreshed. I've heard in college though, naps are a wonderful thing. 

Naps are the best in comfy lecture seats

#12 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

I usually don't nap. When I have to concentrate for the entire day (e.g. exam period), I sometimes get the urge to lie down. Then I set an alarm to 30minutes and more often than not, I don't manage to fall asleep at all but it still helps. I have to learn power napping but I don't do it daily so it'll probably never happen :<

Occasionally when I have nothing to do and am tired I can sleep for the entire afternoon but that is always a bad idea =_=

If I have to keep myself awake, I like to drink caffeinated sodas. Since I don't drink coffee that works quite well.

#13 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:49 AM

Can confirm.

I like napping before my driving lessons cause it makes me much more alert on the road. Also that coincides with my dog's naptime so I can snuggle with him. Win-win.

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:53 AM

I have never experienced a comfy lecture seat. Plenty of uncomfy ones, though.

#15 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

I have never experienced a lecture seat... Online lectures FTW! xD

#16 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

I love naps, I used to nap every single day after lectures. I can't power nap though, I'll sleep for 3 hours and always feel like I've been hit by a truck.

#17 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:55 AM

I generally only nap when I'm sick and during pregnancy years. When I go from sleeping midnight-9 to trying to wake up at 4, I end up taking a nap about 7 until I get used to it.

#18 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

those are still good for naps :p For whatever reason, I'll be wide awake right up until a lecture starts. Once the lecturer starts talking, its lights out.

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

I can't lie in my bed at all during the day. If I do it's almost guaranteed that I'll pass out.

Of course I do it all the time because sleeping is amazing.

#20 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

Really? Your campus must have like rock solid wooden or polymer seats

#21 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Really? Your campus must have like rock solid wooden or polymer seats

I probably just have a pampered butt.

#22 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

I probably just have a pampered butt.

Spoiled brutt

#23 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

I can't nap without losing track of the year, sadly. I make up for it with caffeine, and then use alcohol when I need to sleep.

#24 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

I don't get to nap anymore. :( 
I have two kiddos and neither of them nap during the day anymore so as long as they're awake, I have to be awake, otherwise CHAOS.
So I drink lots of water and when I can stomach it, coffee.

#25 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

I don't get to nap anymore. :( 
I have two kiddos and neither of them nap during the day anymore so as long as they're awake, I have to be awake, otherwise CHAOS.
So I drink lots of water and when I can stomach it, coffee.

How does drinking water make up for lost nap time?  O_o  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users