Quantcast

Photo

Afternoon Naps

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Afternoon Naps (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Naps?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:09 AM

How does drinking water make up for lost nap time?  O_o  

I don't know. It helps me stay awake for some reason, maybe the frequent bathroom trips. lol

#27 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

I don't know. It helps me stay awake for some reason, maybe the frequent bathroom trips. lol

I do the water thing too sometimes! Like if its late and I know I want to get some sleep at some point but still have stuff to do. I think the being afraid to pee myself thing really does keep me awake! (sometimes much more so than coffee even!)

#28 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

How does drinking water make up for lost nap time?  O_o  

Dehydration can make you pretty lethargic.

#29 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

There's no time for nappin' when you're protecting a pot of gold.

(jk I nap for days)

#30 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

There's no time for nappin' when you're protecting a pot of gold.

(jk I nap for days)

I CATCH YOU! 

Edited by Applepi, 15 March 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#31 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

I CATCH YOU! 

Confirmed. Good job ;) 

#32 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

How do to have 10 minutes power nap?

#33 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

It's weird for me to say, but it's a combination of breathing and practice. I practice consciously reducing my heart rate though relaxation/meditation and breathing excersizes so it takes like 2 minutes for me to fall into that point. It's not a deep sleep type of nap, though. It more feels like floating on a cloud that can break anytime type of nap. If I had to say it's relaxation and peace rather than slumber.

#34 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

It's weird for me to say, but it's a combination of breathing and practice. I practice consciously reducing my heart rate though relaxation/meditation and breathing excersizes so it takes like 2 minutes for me to fall into that point. It's not a deep sleep type of nap, though. It more feels like floating on a cloud that can break anytime type of nap. If I had to say it's relaxation and peace rather than slumber.

That sounds interesting, I've never been able to control my heart rate like this since I'm always so stressed out (being in pharmacy school will do that!). BUT since I'm always so tired/underslept/overworked, I can fall asleep within minutes. Its probably not healthy in the long run, but I hope that once I graduate, things will calm down.

#35 Cycholon

Cycholon
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

A few months ago when I had my exam after Christmas, I would be leaving school at about half past eleven in the morning and when I went back home it would be at noon. Tortured by the long papers, I must have ANOTHER nap (excluding that during exam) for like half an hour. If not, I would not be able to revise for my next subject the following day. However, most likely as I woke up I would find my clock pointing at four or five, seemingly forcing me not to take any other nap again.   :(

Edited by Cycholon, 15 March 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#36 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

So here I am reading this thread right after I've jumped into bed with the intention of having a nap xD

I'm not sure I could survive without my naps. Full time university and working two jobs means that any free time I have needs to be dedicated to sleeping. By the time the afternoon rolls around i'm usually exhausted and can't think of anything better than jumping into bed for a 1-2 hour nap. It means I have enough energy to continue making mexican food studying into the night.

#37 drake19

drake19
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

If I get the time, I usually take a 15-20 min powernap :p

#38 Cub

Cub
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:31 AM

I love taking afternoon naps, mainly because my sleep schedule is so messed up there is nothing else I could do to worsen it. 

I hate feeling groggy when I wake up though, so I try to make my naps a full sleep cycle at least. 

I know it messes up my schedule even more, but its so worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users