What really grinds YOUR gears?

• Please log in to reply
1621 replies to this topic

#476 MoonMoon

MoonMoon
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

My pet peeves:

- People who can't clean up after themselves. I really hate living with my current housemates. Sure they're nice people, but they barely clean up after themselves so I end up having to clean everything e.g. the bathroom, the kitchen sink, etc. etc. If I had the money, I would be out of here as soon as you can say "pack yo bags!"

- People who are open about their ignorant/idiotic opinions. Not going to specify what, since some of you might be offended. :c

- Females who act super duper girly when they're around guys, but act totally "normal" when around girls. I KNOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE.  :angry

- Females who are all like "ermgerh I'm a gamer girl look at me". When I play games, I don't flaunt what gender am, frankly I can give two shits about what you have between your legs. I play online games for fun, not to find out what gender you are! (This doesn't just go for females)

I dunno, seems like I just dislike people in general.

#477 SpectralWeasel

SpectralWeasel
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

-Noise

-Phone calls

-Loud people

-Crowds

-Bureaucracy, the DMV

-Paperwork

-People who free range their dogs and cats

-Pest animals that are protected species

-Politics

-Conservative and Liberal Extremities

-Advanced Mathematics

-Cheap sandals

#478 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

Working 14 hour days because work are too cheap and lazy to employ someone to cover maternity leave. I now do my role mostly from my Blackberry and spend my whole day running round the city, covering a job function I knew nothing about until yesterday morning.

#479 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Oh god I know how you feel. One of the girls on our team got knocked up so they got another girl to replace her temporarily as we were already understaffed, then she got pregnant within two weeks.

I wish I could take two years off paid to do nothing...

#480 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

Freshmen.

Maybe I'll write a blog about it.

#481 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

People not wiping the fucking oil off the microscopes when they do oil immersion. It's not only unsanitary because we're using it to look at microbes and could potentially contaminate the slide... THEY ALSO GET IT ON THE 40X LENSES. Agh. How hard is it to properly take care of your microscope? Honestly. Then someone left a bloody slide with god knows what on it. You know what's sad? These kids are training to be nurses or something else where aseptic technique is incredibly important. We're all going to die from septic shock.

That and my current partner for my lab is incredibly useless. She has a lab booklet with simple instructions on how to do a capsule stain. While I'm inoculating a nutrient broth with Agromonas, she sits there twitching and indecisive on what to do. She's like "oh... I guess we don't have to use the heat fixing" so I should turn the gas off. And I look at her slide after 10 minutes and she hasn't even put the microbe on there which MUST be heat fixed THEN saturated with Congo Red which must not be heatfixed. It says very clearly in step one. And every step of the way she keeps asking me what to do and I keep telling her to learn how to fucking read. In a much nicer way. But holy shit, I'm seriously going to have to deal with this completely useless person for the next two weeks? Are you fucking kidding me? She didn't do ANYTHING in the lab. Not a single thing. Why. I'm in higher education in a very difficult class. Why are people still as useless as they were in high school?

#482 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

Oh god I know how you feel. One of the girls on our team got knocked up so they got another girl to replace her temporarily as we were already understaffed, then she got pregnant within two weeks.

I wish I could take two years off paid to do nothing...

I know I'm in the US and I won't get 2 years off, but one of the selling points about getting pregnant for me is getting to miss work. Gotta try and aim for a fall/winter baby so I can have Christmas off.

It grinds my gears when @Futurama keeps telling me "Dean Ambrose > Seth Rollins". Dean Ambrose is ugly, guys. He's practically ginger, he's got a pudgy face, invisible eyebrows, and his hair is divorcing his forehead. Bleh. He can't even grow a good beard like Rollins. Man. Fuck you, @Futurama. I'm sorry I voted you for member of the month, you dumb bastard.

#483 Futurama

Futurama
  • 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

I know I'm in the US and I won't get 2 years off, but one of the selling points about getting pregnant for me is getting to miss work. Gotta try and aim for a fall/winter baby so I can have Christmas off.

It grinds my gears when @Futurama keeps telling me "Dean Ambrose > Seth Rollins". Dean Ambrose is ugly, guys. He's practically ginger, he's got a pudgy face, invisible eyebrows, and his hair is divorcing his forehead. Bleh. He can't even grow a good beard like Rollins. Man. Fuck you, @Futurama. I'm sorry I voted you for member of the month, you dumb bastard.

@punkrockbigmouth

Roman Reigns > Seth Rollins

G9Ra3.png

#484 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

Moths. <_<

#485 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

Roman Reigns > Seth Rollins

Well okay. Maybe. Because, I mean. Seriously. Dayum.

Spoiler

What's so bad about moths?

#486 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

Thieves. I can't stand a thief.

#487 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

What's so bad about moths?

I was touched inappropriately this very morn whilst showering. It was a rather large one too, the moth.

#488 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

I was touched inappropriately this very morn whilst showering. It was a rather large one too, the moth.

When you swatted it, did you get dust in an embarrassing place?

#489 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

When you swatted it, did you get dust in an embarrassing place?

No, I looked down and noticed how big it was, then I saw the moth and ushered it out of the window. I try to avoid killing things where I can avoid it (wasps and flies excepted). :p

#490 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

No, I looked down and noticed how big it was, then I saw the moth and ushered it out of the window. I try to avoid killing things where I can avoid it (wasps and flies excepted). :p

YOU ARE SO SWEET :')

#491 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

YOU ARE SO SWEET :')

It's the least I could do, it was the most action I've had for a while. :rolleyes:

#492 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

It's the least I could do, it was the most action I've had for a while. :rolleyes:

You're a better human than me, anytime I see an insect in the shower I drown it. 

#493 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

I imagine him naked, opening the windows wide like that one scene in "Life of Brian" to let the moth out.

#494 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

I imagine him naked, opening the windows wide like that one scene in "Life of Brian" to let the moth out.

Weird, I imagined him smacking it with his tallywhacker like a baseball bat.

#495 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

oh dear..

*cough* back on topic ... umm yea i'm stumped

#496 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

*cough* back on topic ... umm yea i'm stumped

Imagine him hitting the moth with his stump.

#497 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

:blush:

Imagine him hitting the moth with his stump.

Hey, I ain't got no stump...nothing has been removed from there thank you very much. :rolleyes:

#498 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

This is starting to sound like a normal afternoon in TC

#499 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Hey, I ain't got no stump...nothing has been removed from there thank you very much. :rolleyes:

Oh, sorry. I imagine you have a wooden pegleg because in my fantasies you are a pirate.

#500 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

Oh, sorry. I imagine you have a wooden pegleg because in my fantasies you are a pirate.

I don't even know how to respond to that. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users