What really grinds YOUR gears?

• Please log in to reply
1621 replies to this topic

#926 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

When flour/sugar/tea is adulterated, like could you get any lower than cheapening and contaminating the most basic sources of food?

#927 Mastermind

Mastermind
  • 324 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

Terrible cheaters sending obviously impossible scores in some (neopets) games. I need to create a guide about it someday.

#928 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:02 AM

People who can't drive but have their license anyways. 

#929 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:38 PM

When a coworker with no bookkeeping experience tries to tell me how to do my job. Bitch back off I've had enough of your shit.

#930 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

Bike Week (which is actually more like two weeks). Some bikers are so obnoxious. 

Oh God. It's going to be a disaster this weekend. I don't know why I punish myself and visit every Memorial Day.

#931 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

Oh God. It's going to be a disaster this weekend. I don't know why I punish myself and visit every Memorial Day.

Run away. There was already a shooting.

#932 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

Run away. There was already a shooting.

Concealed carry coming in hot. My dad lives like 4-5 blocks (into North Myrtle) from Atlantic and they always shut down the roads in the residential areas, and all the usual 24 hour restaurants/stores/gas stations close at like 8. I've never seen anything like it.

I figured you'd be out of there by now. Are you sticking it out through the Summer?

Edited by talbs, 20 May 2015 - 12:57 PM.

#933 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

Concealed carry coming in hot. My dad lives like 4-5 blocks (into North Myrtle) from Atlantic and they always shut down the roads in the residential areas, and all the usual 24 hour restaurants/stores/gas stations close at like 8. I've never seen anything like it.

I figured you'd be out of there by now. Are you sticking it out through the Summer?

My lease isn't up until July 31st so I'm thinking of staying until around mid-June. Maybe I'll go home earlier. This place is boring.

#934 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

When I can't find where I put my glasses because I'm not wearing my glasses

#935 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

When I'm grocery shopping, people leave their carts perpendicular to the shelves so there's really no way of passing without mustering out tolerance for humankind to ask them to move.

Whatever, Velma.

#936 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

This. LOL. I hate when that happens. 

#937 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

When theists say that it must be sad being an atheist. Guess what? It's not!

#938 Savasana

Savasana
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

Or when you get that one spot on your glasses right in the middle so you get a headache from focussing on it when you could have gone and cleaned your glasses, thus avoiding the ensuing headache. 

Just me then?

#939 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

Or when you get that one spot on your glasses right in the middle so you get a headache from focussing on it when you could have gone and cleaned your glasses, thus avoiding the ensuing headache. 

Just me then?

Yeah, I usually just clean them lol. Picture of Dorian Gray is my favorite book, cheers.

#940 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:41 AM

Lack of communication among my peers.  I tell them to tell me anything that might cause conflicts in my group, they tell me nothing, and they have the nerve to blame me for anything that happens because apparently I didn't say anything.  Backwards thinking much?

#941 kanade

kanade
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

Oh man, where do I begin?
  • Pedestrians who occupy the entire sidewalk (this can be done in several ways, like groups of people walking horizontally like they're marching to war or something, families with kids running around, people running into other people they know and decide to narrate their lives so far while blocking everyone's passage and so on)
  • Parents with screaming kids who completely ignore them in public (cause they're probably immune to their screams) and make everyone uncomfortable.
  • Selfies. I can't stand them! I understand one's urge to take picture of themselves, but publishing them is unnecessary.

I can go on forever  :lol2:

#942 Tsubaki

Tsubaki
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

What grinds my gears?

• People who let their kids run wild in public and act like nothing is even going on. The kind of people that walk through the store pushing their shopping cart chatting it up on their cell phones off in la-la land while their brats are chasing each other around, knocking shit down and wreaking havoc on shoppers. That really gets me. I am also not a huge fan of kids though.
  • Kids with snot on their face all the time. Because those are the ones that especially have to touch everything. Ew.
  • Loud people that have to scream whether they are on the phone, talking with a friend, doing whatever. Idc what you have to say. Please spare me from hearing it.
  • People who ride in the passing lane and go slow as hell causing a grid lock
  • People who chew tobacco and leave their spit cups all over the place.
  • People who don't pick up their dogs crap when they are in public.
  • People that are always angry.

Like kanade said, I could go on forever.  :funone2:

#943 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:16 PM

Sitting at work for 11 hours

#944 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

Allergies, allergies everywhere.

*sneezes*

#945 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

People who smoke right next to my swamp cooler, so my house smells like 90y/o lady with lung cancer. Also, people who have annoying as hell tiny dogs that bark all effing morning. Also, when animal control fines you, thinking that they are your dogs, except you don't have any effing dogs, so you let them know it is your trashy as hell neighbors. (but at least justice is finally served, and we didn't call and complain, so the rest of my shizzy street must be just as pissed). I mean, this is all hypothetical.

#946 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

The wait between seasons of Venture Brothers.  <_<

Edited by Alexiel, 21 May 2015 - 06:21 PM.

#947 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

Lack of communication among my peers.  I tell them to tell me anything that might cause conflicts in my group, they tell me nothing, and they have the nerve to blame me for anything that happens because apparently I didn't say anything.  Backwards thinking much?

Ugh. Can't stand it when that happens. Life is not Mean Girls.

#948 AngelicDarkness

AngelicDarkness
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

Allergies, allergies everywhere.

*sneezes*

I feel your pain, allergies really do suck. Have too many of them myself.

Hypocrites, and people who try acting like they are so much better than they actually are.

#949 Tsubaki

Tsubaki
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

Guh.

When you are wearing long sleeves and get the cuff of your sleeve wet.

Heaven forbid I try to be cleanly and wash my hands.

<_<

#950 NotCheatingAtAll

NotCheatingAtAll
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:34 AM

Anyone that clanks their silverware on the their plate or bowl. They may as well be wearing a diaper too.

The wait between seasons of Venture Brothers.   <_<

This too.

Edited by NotCheatingAtAll, 22 May 2015 - 10:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users