• Please log in to reply
1621 replies to this topic

#1201 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

when people insist on using imperial instead of metric units... my brother-in-law wanted me to draw him a plan of his house but in his sketch all the measurements are in feet and inches so i have to convert everything. :doh:

Two small petpeeves:

1. My husband calls Firefox 'Mozilla'. I mean, it's not wrong, but it's like saying 'I've got the latest Apple' instead of 'I've got the latest iPhone' and it bugs me.

2. People that answer 'Send me a PM' on an offer or something similar. Like for example "I have strawberries, anyone interested?" and then someone answers "Send me a PM with the details." Uhm, whot? Why not just send a PM yourself? Why do you need to comment "Send me a PM", if you could just send a PM yourself and ask "Hey, what are the details?". I hate the implication of "Hey, I'm lazy, cater me and PM me everything."

i call it mozilla too, oops. #themoreyoulearn

i agree with your second pet peeve. :p i came across someone here who posted "sent you a pm". why...

#1202 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

When someone pisses me off and they have the nerve to ask me why I'm pissed off. :\

Asking my mum one thing and have to listen her talking about the neighbor did this, that woman said that, the son of that old couple is this. Damn it. I asked you about a friend we have in common, I don't want to know a fucking about the lives of the people I've never seen in my fucking life. Damn it. And this fucking shit is on for minutes and minutes and minutes. Seriously, mum. I'm looking to a computer screen, that should tell you enough, besides the fact I've already told you I don't fucking care about others' lives, I don't give a shit.

Your mom sounds like my aunt. :p

#1203 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:31 AM

Yesterday three guys (marines) probably prevented a bloodbath by stopping a terrorist with a Kalashnikov on the Thalys (French international train). Which is a great thing, that's not what grinds my gears.

But every headline says "Three people stopped a Moroccan guy with Kalashnikov [...]"

What, Moroccan's aren't people? I don't know how the headlines are in other languages, but Dutch newspapers have a hand in calling out nationalities and races in headlines, when 9/10 times it's really really irrelevant what the nationality of the person is. I'd go as far to say that it's NEVER relavent what nationality it is. It's relavent that he's a terrorrist. His motives are relavent. His connections/affinity with ISIS is relavent. Him being Moroccan isn't.

It's been like this since, well, forever, but it annoys the fuck out of me. It annoys me whenever there's an accident. "500 people died, 2 of them were Dutch. A national tragedy!"

Really? Like I give a shit that 2 of them were Dutch. There's 498 other fucking dead people.

#1204 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:04 AM

But every headline says "Three people stopped a Moroccan guy with Kalashnikov [...]"

What, Moroccan's aren't people?

It's a way for them to hint at Muslim extremism being the motivation behind the attack without them saying the m-word. They aren't saying Moroccans aren't people.

#1205 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:10 AM

It's a way for them to hint at Muslim extremism being the motivation behind the attack without them saying the m-word. They aren't saying Moroccans aren't people.

That's still a pretty piss-poor way of hinting to it. Calling him an ISIS-extremist would've been a correct way to label him.

#1206 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:13 AM

When people get butthurt. 

Edited by HiMyNameIsNick, 22 August 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#1207 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:17 AM

That's still a pretty piss-poor way of hinting to it. Calling him an ISIS-extremist would've been a correct way to label him.

They can't actually say that until they have proof though because of press regulations. :p We know what they mean by Moroccan and they know we know what they mean by Moroccan so they can get away with it even if they don't know his motivation yet. "He's Moroccan. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink"

Spoiler

#1208 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:19 AM

When people get butthurt.

This thread is basically for butthurts :p
Are you butthurt because people get butthurt? Think about it...
:p

#1209 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:21 AM

This thread is basically for butthurts :p
Are you butthurt because people get butthurt? Think about it...
:p

Yes, I do get butthurt because people get butthurt :p (And by butthurt I'm talking about people that play the victim and get butthurt, not just butthurt butthurt lol)

#1210 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

The Jehovah witnesses that still didn't learn to not come to my property when I'm not wearing clothes.
At least you could bring a man with you. :rolleyes:

#1211 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:23 AM

Yes, I do get butthurt because people get butthurt :p (And by butthurt I'm talking about people that play the victim and get butthurt, not just butthurt butthurt lol)

Yeah, I imagined :p that is gear grinding, indeed lol

#1212 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:31 AM

People who hate on Trump. He's a good guy!

wat

#1213 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:33 AM

wat

Don't feed the troll

#1214 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:56 AM

*throws rotten tomato to a member in this thread*

#1215 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

People who hate on Trump. He's a good guy!

for all its worth, i really admire him in the apprentice. :heart: i hope he doesn't get elected tho, he's the reason why miss universe this year is cancelled! :crybaby:

anyway, nescafe in my house run out and i have to rely on some 3-in-1 coffee packets that my mum stole from hotels for my morning fix. it's just not the same. :crybaby:

#1216 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

Just saw this on 9gag x)

161d36f1287990fbd6b5fe8fb8629d16.png

#1217 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

Lack of common sense.

#1218 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

Jealous people, ffs

#1219 rezpirate

rezpirate
  • 171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

I get angry at myself for letting myself believe that my man is finally going to be supportive and quit drinking.

I quit smoking 2 yrs ago, when they found a cyst on my brain, and I quit drinking shortly after that. I try to live a healthy lifestyle, and what support do I get?  A man who lies to me, and pushes me out the door, so he can get drunk!!

He's the kind of drunk who doesn't remember what he did the night before, and tries to cover it up.

GRrrrr...I could go on, but I won't

#1220 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

I get angry at myself for letting myself believe that my man is finally going to be supportive and quit drinking.

I quit smoking 2 yrs ago, when they found a cyst on my brain, and I quit drinking shortly after that. I try to live a healthy lifestyle, and what support do I get?  A man who lies to me, and pushes me out the door, so he can get drunk!!

He's the kind of drunk who doesn't remember what he did the night before, and tries to cover it up.

GRrrrr...I could go on, but I won't

If you need someone to talk to, PM me.

That's not okay friend :( 

I think you've said you live in ON and I believe there are programs to help you get out of an unhealthy abusive relationship :(

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong but that's not okay for him to do that.

Props to you for turning your own choices around!

#1221 Tchi57

Tchi57
  • 23 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

People who categorize others.

It's even worse when people label others without any knowledge or relationship with that person or group.

GRRRrrr

-forgive and forget-  

#1222 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

I really get uncomfortable when people do/say things for attention, like lying about traumatic events, especially when it's unlikely to be true and a slap in the face to people who've actually been through it. 

#1223 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

I really get uncomfortable when people do/say things for attention, like lying about traumatic events, especially when it's unlikely to be true and a slap in the face to people who've actually been through it.

Same here. I don't get why they do that.

#1224 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

Same here. I don't get why they do that.

I used to do that when I was young and stupid.  My reason for doing it was to get attention, lol.  But yeah, I felt guilty afterwards.

#1225 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

When people try to shortcut at work and think they know what they are doing but really don't and then end up fucking things up. Don't do it, ask if you aren't sure. When it comes to money that shit can't be fucked up and you end up pissing me off when I have to fix it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users