What really grinds YOUR gears?

• Please log in to reply
1621 replies to this topic

#1401 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:57 PM

When someone doesn't leash me at League of Legends when I'm jungle. I've will to explode them all -.-

#1402 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:24 AM

The phrases "let me tell you something" and "you gotta  understand"

#1403 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:36 AM

@Jess these phrases feel so condescending it some contexts. I shall dislike them with you.

Being approached by strangers in stores in hopes of scoring a date -- seriously, I'm at walmart for some fucking bacon and eggs. Not find a date. And I'm married for fucks sake.

#1404 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:38 AM

I really hate the phrase "good for you/them". That phrase may be meant with the right intentions, but it sounds a lot like you're telling someone to fuck off.

#1405 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:51 PM

#1406 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:17 AM

when i whisper my order to the passing waiter politely and he immediately screams, "ONE CUP OF COFFEE PLEAAASSSEEE!!111!" to his friend in the kitchen. :doh:

#1407 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:52 AM

This only grinds my gears when it happens a bunch of times in a row or I'm essentially a regular somewhere... the rest of the time it's a bit of a compliment:

Me: "Pack of Watermelon Prime times and a single Grape please."
Them: "How old are you?"
M: "29"
T: "Have your id?"
*hands id*
T: "Huh. You don't look it." *rings up*

Funny thing is if I said something closer to 18 they'd probably ask for my card less often.
It's like, why would I lie that far off for some smokes? Why such a random number at that? -_-
But if I look <18 now... probably look 30-something in my 50s/60s so guess I can't complain too much.  :lol2:

#1408 MelodyPond

MelodyPond
  • 159 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:11 AM

There are a few things that really get on my nerves.

-People not knowing how to spell simple words correctly.

-People acting like they know it all, when they really don't.

-When your shopping or at a restaurant and you don't want help, they keep nagging you, or when you want help and they don't hear you at all.

#1409 winstontiu

winstontiu
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:45 AM

My boss telling me to do overtime work without the overtime pay, after that the traffic(people jam) on the way home.

#1410 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:22 PM

This only grinds my gears when it happens a bunch of times in a row or I'm essentially a regular somewhere... the rest of the time it's a bit of a compliment:

Funny thing is if I said something closer to 18 they'd probably ask for my card less often.
It's like, why would I lie that far off for some smokes? Why such a random number at that? -_-
But if I look <18 now... probably look 30-something in my 50s/60s so guess I can't complain too much. :lol2:

*pat pat*
That happens to me all the time. When I'm buying booze. When I'm driving, cops look at me suspiciously and sometimes I'm asked to pull over and show my ID. Speaking of ID... a couple months ago I had to renew it and the lady said I should talk to my mum because I couldn't have 29 years old... Random people get surprised when they find out I'm not 16. And I've had teens hitting on me at my work.

#1411 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:12 AM

It is really unbelievable to me how many people seem to be unaware of how disgusting they sound when they eat. Stop smacking, close your mouth. Chew quietly and swallow. No worse sound in the world than loud eating, especially in an otherwise quiet setting. 

#1412 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:14 AM

It is really unbelievable to me how many people seem to be unaware of how disgusting they sound when they eat. Stop smacking, close your mouth. Chew quietly and swallow. No worse sound in the world than loud eating, especially in an otherwise quiet setting. 

This ^^^ my #1 pet peeve. I've been known to tell people who chew with their mouth open to "shut the fuck up" lol.

#1413 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:18 AM

I can't even upvote this dammit. T-T But I would if I had some left.

When my eyeliner is uneven.

#1414 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:19 AM

I can't even upvote this dammit. T-T But I would if I had some left.

When my eyeliner is uneven.

I'll do it for you. The upvote that is.

#1415 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:21 AM

This is probably my least favorite thing, coupled with people who scrape forks/silverware against their teeth.

#1416 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:24 AM

My friend shares a kitchen with some international students who do it because it's part of their culture. Would still drive me crazy but whatever. 

#1417 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:28 AM

She's filing her nails now...WE'RE IN THE LIBRARY

#1418 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:32 AM

When my room mate doesn't check his fucking phone. I need to switch all of the house bills over to his name before he leaves, but he's too busy having resting fuckhead face to actually care about responsibilities. 

#1419 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:34 AM

I'll do it for you. The upvote that is.

You're a darling. 

#1420 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:35 AM

This is one of the reasons I hate eating breakfast with my dad, because he slurps his cereal, then slurps his coffee, and he has NO idea how annoying it is!

When my room mate doesn't check his fucking phone. I need to switch all of the house bills over to his name before he leaves, but he's too busy having resting fuckhead face to actually care about responsibilities. 

Maybe he'll get the message when they shut the power off and he's all alone :lol2:

#1421 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

She's filing her nails now...WE'RE IN THE LIBRARY

God, who the hell are you with? I would leave, to be honest. I can't stand certain noises. And nails are one of the things I don't.. I just don't wanna hear clipping, filing, breaking, and I don't wanna see it. Makes me feel wrong and hurts my brain.

#1422 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:38 AM

People talking in the movie theater. I have a friend who will answer her phone, in what she thinks is a whisper (IT'S NOT), and go "Hey, sorry can't talk, in the movies"

I'm pretty sure they'd get the message if you didn't answer your phone.

#1423 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:13 AM

Randomly finding the dark chocolate in an otherwise awesome box of assorted Russell Stover chocolates :p

#1424 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:06 PM

When your mom won't go to bed so you can blaze in peace go to bed mom

#1425 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

When your mom won't go to bed so you can blaze in peace go to bed mom

Interestingly enough, the same exact experience just happened to me today. It's so annoying.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users