• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1496 replies to this topic

#426 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

It's wrong of me to do so but I generally assume most people that are against cheaters/cheating per se is not because of their moral high ground. I usually find it is because they are not as good at games as they want to be, they don't know efficient ways of making neopoints (they think make 50k a day pet pages will make them rich, I did when I was 10 :p ), they don't know how to cheat or another reason like the aforementioned. 

The first time I took a hiatus it was after I posted on a board about cheaters and told people it doesn't matter if someone isn't cheating you specifically, you have no reason to be upset. Within ten minutes I got mass amounts of NM just raging at me. It's equivalent to thinking someone is wrong for jailbreaking their iPhone.  

#427 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

The first time I took a hiatus it was after I posted on a board about cheaters and told people it doesn't matter if someone isn't cheating you specifically, you have no reason to be upset. Within ten minutes I got mass amounts of NM just raging at me.

Don't go on the neoboards if you're not prepared xD I don't see any reason to post anything there besides calculated trolling.

#428 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:31 AM

Don't go on the neoboards if you're not prepared xD I don't see any reason to post anything there besides calculated trolling.

^ This, always this. You're just asking for unwanted attention if you do that. I never bother with the boards on Neo, if I have anything I need to ask or convey, it will be posted here. The people are a much better outlet and community here than on the rabid Neoboards.

#429 Syntax7

Syntax7
  • 193 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:59 AM

For those who score send a bunch during the AC - about how many accounts do you end up going through?

Edited by Synth7, 18 May 2014 - 12:59 AM.

#430 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:08 AM

For those who score send a bunch during the AC - about how many accounts do you end up going through?

Last year I did 20 :) All of which are still alive and kicking :)

#431 corbenik

corbenik
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

Anyone noticed about the team pre-tournament press? So far only Tyrannia team highlight said nothing about their previous year achievement. Coincidence? Maybe.

#432 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:12 AM

Anyone noticed about the team pre-tournament press? So far only Tyrannia team highlight said nothing about their previous year achievement. Coincidence? Maybe.

It will be interesting to see what they have to say about Altador then ;)

#433 Nentusia

Nentusia
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:50 AM

Oh thank god someone catched some of the discussion from yesterday, I missed the last part and was already said that I didn't get all the drama :wub:

#434 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:31 AM

here's what happened. nothing really fun though coz siniri's not there :lol2:

Spoiler

P.S how do i use spoiler tags?

Who made that last response?!?!  :wub:

I'm feeling quite aroused by whoever it was!

#435 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:59 AM

They did hint that is was dirty play

well that in my own words means that TNT acknowledge codex did made a huge impact on TY winning

But they cant say TY cheated since that will in turn question themselves why they did not find out who cheat and freeze them

AL was already mentioned in SK highlight

“I’ve got mixed emotions, really. I mean, for them to go from 17th to 2nd, that’s something special that any player would want to be a part of."

More like mixed emotion that her old team cheated the way to 2nd vs finally getting out of bottom

special--yes very special indeed

Maybe i read into it too much :lol2:

#436 corbenik

corbenik
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

They did hint that is was dirty play

well that in my own words means that TNT acknowledge codex did made a huge impact on TY winning

But they cant say TY cheated since that will in turn question themselves why they did not find out who cheat and freeze them

AL was already mentioned in SK highlight

“I’ve got mixed emotions, really. I mean, for them to go from 17th to 2nd, that’s something special that any player would want to be a part of."

More like mixed emotion that her old team cheated the way to 2nd vs finally getting out of bottom

special--yes very special indeed

Maybe i read into it too much :lol2:

No, I think I feel the same about that post xD

Now imagine the impact team codex will give to TNT if team codex, once again, took the 1st rank.

Sometime I feel like we're powerful enough to make a quite accurate ranking prediction. maybe not 1-last rank but..yeah top 5 is do-able, I guess

#437 Chalk

Chalk
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

I don't even have an account and I'm still able to see the thread.

Dang there is many pages! I got up to ~10.
Well, breath of fresh air out for the summer and decided that I'll be becoming active around (at least hopefully during the intersession).

Hoping to participate. [:

Edit:
Ugh... Finally read everything. Sad I missed TDN drama.

Edited by Chalk, 18 May 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#438 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

I would of Posted this in the "Talk Shit" topic in the ACIX subforum, but I like the opinions of everyone on this debatable topic. Read the following:

(source can be found by clicking the image)

Nm4T8fa.png

The issue is whether or not to address about cheaters in the AC in hopes to improve the Altador Cup Experience.

Well, I don't have an opinion, but I do know that using the mentality of those who complain about cheaters does nothing but benefit Team Codex with both direct and indirect support and makes the legit community miserable (though I can't say ignorance in bliss is any better).

Big chunks of my strategy depend on the fact that complainers are very vocal pricks who can't trust the opinion of the minority (who are sometimes right-on) and those same people are the driving force to unearthing so much dissatisfaction and gives us so much power. Truth behind Team Codex's Altador Team (including the team itself with brilliant deductions in the previous week) has been mentioned in the NeoBoards, NP help forums, and other sites, but the fact that trust is so low for the minority that they were even ridiculed. I feel like a villain (more so than the obvious) from feeding off the chaos, but the sad fact is that I only feed on the chaos and NEVER instigate it. 

#439 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

Butthurt levels reached so high this year it shifted the continental shelf  :lol2:

#440 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

And these are the people who only play the AC for fun, according to their words...

Well, when I look at this with some perspective I only see two sides of it:

• the ones that are having no fun at all because they keep complaining on who's gonna join what
  • us, Codexians who are actually having fun

So, who's winning so far? xD

Edited by athayde, 18 May 2014 - 11:01 AM.

#441 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

Us definitely, but don't forget the third and fourth type of people.

• Those who come back to AC purely for drama reading material
  • Those who come back to the AC just to complain. They don't even play.

#442 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

• Those who come back to the AC just to complain. They don't even play.

Oh god these people are everywhere.

#443 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

Seriously, I've heard about you guys thanks to this topics filled with complains ;)  if it wasn't for them, I would still be probably admiring the All-Star guys and steuggling everyday to get a miserable trophy.

I am not going to join Team Codex - I am not able to enter the section, and that's fine because I will always play for one team - but I think you're doing a great job making this people confused, angered and jealous  :lol2:

#444 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

Seriously, I've heard about you guys thanks to this topics filled with complains ;)  if it wasn't for them, I would still be probably admiring the All-Star guys and steuggling everyday to get a miserable trophy.

I am not going to join Team Codex - I am not able to enter the section, and that's fine because I will always play for one team - but I think you're doing a great job making this people confused, angered and jealous  :lol2:

It's nice to see people who were drawn here be kind and polite, unlike AC7. It's funny, they don't want people to cheat but their talk is driving people to our site.

#445 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

Exactly @Satsuki we don't need to advertise the site, the peons on the neoboards/help forums do it for us *evil laugh*

#446 YuyaSakaki

YuyaSakaki
  • 275 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

The team is great, but do not rely way too. 
To win overwhelmingly not underestimate the opponent.

#447 Noodlez

Noodlez
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

I second this. I used to be insanely jealous of those able to acheive so many scores worthy of getting an all star trophy and in all honestly I was so blind as to not notice that there was a team that autoplayed it. Genius. I spent many many many hours a few years ago trying to get a decent trophy but hopefully next year I'll be worth enough to join this team. Thanks for the entertainment.  :funone2:

#448 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

This sounds like an awesome idea @Keil. I'll be joining my regular team for my main but would love to support Codex via another account.

#449 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

I don't get it. I don't understand how people can complain about a GAME. Such pussies

#450 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

I don't get it. I don't understand how people can complain about a GAME. Such pussies

You should see me with real life sports, I get much much worse if my team starts losing or the refs don't call things and thus help the other team. The thing with the AC though is, I know it's a virtual game. The babies don't because they don't have the capacity to differentiate between real life games and virtual ones.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: team codex, much anticipation, very critical, wow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users