• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 2b4saken

2b4saken
  • Joe-like

• 54 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

Hey I was wondering if anyone else here was trying to get into better shape this summer. My goal is to lose like 5% body fat and actually be able to run a mile. I was thinking if there were others we could sorta help motivate each other (cause doing it alone is terribly boring when you hit milestones have no one to talk to about it).

#2 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Someone link him to the Biggest Loser topic. I'm on my phone and can't...

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

http://www.neocodex....ocodex-edition/

;)

#4 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

http://www.neocodex....ocodex-edition/

;)

You're a gem.

#5 2b4saken

2b4saken
  • Joe-like

• 54 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

But isn't that only weight loss. I was thinking this could be a place for people trying to bulk up or who are just trying to get into working out.

#6 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

But isn't that only weight loss. I was thinking this could be a place for people trying to bulk up or who are just trying to get into working out.

It's the running theme because it's a contest but most of it has become general fitness motivation and encouraging workouts etc. Psyduck has been posting quite a lot of workouts throughout the thread.

#7 2b4saken

2b4saken
  • Joe-like

• 54 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

Ahhh cool thanks.

#8 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

I know that in the challenges board there is a Biggest Loser Thread, though entries have already closed. But Im with you! Id totally like a casual non-competition board for weight loss. 

I gainged 30kg this year. We found out I have a slow thyroid, causing a slow metabolism and my body to store absolutely everything as fat :( So my goal (which i wont accomplish this summer though) is to lose that 30kg again.

It requires a hardcore change of diet though (not a starvation diet but really just different supplements) which i find REALLY hard to adjust too. Less starch and dairies, more proteins. I love potatos and cereals, Ive eaten that my entire life :( So dropping that is very hard for me.

Excersize isnt really a problem for me though fortunately. Ive been doing high level volleybal for 8 years. I used to excersize 3 times a week; now i excersize everyday (try to at least). If only I felt like it helped :(

It's the running theme because it's a contest but most of it has become general fitness motivation and encouraging workouts etc. Psyduck has been posting quite a lot of workouts throughout the thread.

Is it okay to just post even if you arent in the competition?

#9 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

You guys are more than welcome to come chat in the Biggest Loser Topic in a non-competitive way. Hey, what you know may help others! And what we know may help you ^_^

As long as its fitness related, you're welcome to chat.

#10 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

I'm not in it and I'm all over that topic. :p Because I really like food. And running.

#11 Fawkes

Fawkes
  • Team ASS

• 202 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

I'm working out this summer :D I'm a stick and need some muscle.  My friend and I are planning on going to the gym about twice a week.  Although, I feel uncomfortable in there, because everyone else is so fit and I'm me XD

#12 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

I know that in the challenges board there is a Biggest Loser Thread, though entries have already closed. But Im with you! Id totally like a casual non-competition board for weight loss. 

I gainged 30kg this year. We found out I have a slow thyroid, causing a slow metabolism and my body to store absolutely everything as fat :( So my goal (which i wont accomplish this summer though) is to lose that 30kg again.

It requires a hardcore change of diet though (not a starvation diet but really just different supplements) which i find REALLY hard to adjust too. Less starch and dairies, more proteins. I love potatos and cereals, Ive eaten that my entire life :( So dropping that is very hard for me.

Excersize isnt really a problem for me though fortunately. Ive been doing high level volleybal for 8 years. I used to excersize 3 times a week; now i excersize everyday (try to at least). If only I felt like it helped :(

I'm in the same boat. Thyroid is a little slow, and I'm also deficient in vitamin D so I feel like shit most of the time. Wheeee! I haven't gained any weight since I lost 60 pounds a few years ago but I'm still about 30 pounds over my goal.

And yes, it's absolutely condoned to talk in he read if you're not competing! You can even work alongside us and post your results too ^_^

I'm working out this summer :D I'm a stick and need some muscle.  My friend and I are planning on going to the gym about twice a week.  Although, I feel uncomfortable in there, because everyone else is so fit and I'm me XD

I LOVE going to the gym. I am more comfortable working out at a gym than I am at home.

#13 Fawkes

Fawkes
  • Team ASS

• 202 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

I'm in the same boat. Thyroid is a little slow, and I'm also deficient in vitamin D so I feel like shit most of the time. Wheeee! I haven't gained any weight since I lost 60 pounds a few years ago but I'm still about 30 pounds over my goal.

And yes, it's absolutely condoned to talk in he read if you're not competing! You can even work alongside us and post your results too ^_^

I LOVE going to the gym. I am more comfortable working out at a gym than I am at home.

The Gym is awesome, it's the people there that made me feel odd.  It's the gym at my college and can be a bit crowded T^T

#14 cheesecanman

cheesecanman
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

If anyone wants any workout tips they can PM me, I've been working out and training people for the last 5 years.

A few simple tips I have for weight loss and muscle gain is to stop drinking sodas, just stick to water and if you feel uncomfortable in a gym environment you can always workout at home doing bodyweight exercises and maybe invest in a cheap 2nd hand set of dumbbells until you build up a bit of strength so you feel less self conscious working out infront of others.

#15 Fawkes

Fawkes
  • Team ASS

• 202 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

If anyone wants any workout tips they can PM me, I've been working out and training people for the last 5 years.

A few simple tips I have for weight loss and muscle gain is to stop drinking sodas, just stick to water and if you feel uncomfortable in a gym environment you can always workout at home doing bodyweight exercises and maybe invest in a cheap 2nd hand set of dumbbells until you build up a bit of strength so you feel less self conscious working out infront of others.

Thanks, I'll try that :o

#16 Ratila

Ratila
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

i think i'll just starve myself but do zero physical activity.

it'll totally work out well.

#17 CheatingIsBad

CheatingIsBad
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

i think i'll just starve myself but do zero physical activity.

it'll totally work out well.

This is pretty much my plan too xD

I'll try to drink less soda as well

Maybe I'll even go for a run or two  :o

#18 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

well i am joining my friend to do P90X later..

i googled it..

someone save me... i gonna do this for 1 month ..

#19 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

Bulking all summer, hit some nice heavy deadlifts today. 

#20 Chocodile

Chocodile
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

I've been trying to get in shape...I struggled with digestive issues forever and had to go on a really restrictive diet because I felt like everything made me sick!  I finally got diagnosed with gluten intolerance and have been eating so much more (ironically!).  I've gained weight and I need to get back in shape!  My apartment has its own little workout room.  I like to bring my DS down there and play games while using the machines...which is probably a pretty odd thing to do but hey, it motivates me! (: 

#21 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

Sweat.

#22 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

@Random, where the fuck you been? Can't take the time to check in on us between squat thrusts? Jesus.

I think I need to get back into my 500 crunches a day habit I had when I was a teen. My belly getting floppy.

#23 Chocodile

Chocodile
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

I think I need to get back into my 500 crunches a day habit I had when I was a teen. My belly getting floppy.

500? WOW. I used to do 150 a day and thought that was pretty good.  I should try to get up to that level!  I used to have such nice abs ;__;

#24 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

@Random, where the fuck you been? Can't take the time to check in on us between squat thrusts? Jesus.

It was my senior year of college, so I was incredibly busy between all my obligations and partying. Checking in on you now :p 

#25 cheesecanman

cheesecanman
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

I haven't done any ab exercises in years, my abdominal muscles got so thick that when I went on vacation and ate way too much fast food it looked like I had a super sized stomach because I had huge abs covered in fat, so I'm just going to avoid them and avoid the burgers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users