Photo

Question about account freezings

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Tipps102

Tipps102
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

I was curious how common it was to get frozen off of something other than autobuying? From what I understand a majority of people here have been frozen because of pure stupidity, such as letting abrosia run for 12 hours a day. Do people often get frozen for doing simple things like using the pyramids autoplayer for an hour or two a day? It seems to be as long as you aren't stupid you wont get frozen. Is this true?

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

Being smart about your program usage lessens the risk, but there is no such thing as "safe".

#3 cheesecanman

cheesecanman
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

I thought TNT had become less strict since Jumpstart were taken over, how true is that?

#4 Chocodile

Chocodile
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

I was wondering this as well.  Is there a place where people have shared their experiences with "getting caught"? I feel like that would be a good topic to have to know what not to do.

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

I thought TNT had become less strict since Jumpstart were taken over, how true is that?

It's far too soon to know.

My understanding is that there have been unfreezings, but that does not necessarily reflect on the likelihood of future bans.

#6 cheesecanman

cheesecanman
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

I had my main frozen 7 years ago and the name has been deleted, is there any chance of that account being unfrozen or has it been purged forever?

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:18 PM

I had my main frozen 7 years ago and the name has been deleted, is there any chance of that account being unfrozen or has it been purged forever?

If its purged, it's purged.

#8 Nikiforov

Nikiforov
  • 125 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

It's far too soon to know.

My understanding is that there have been unfreezings, but that does not necessarily reflect on the likelihood of future bans.

+ I'm pretty sure the accounts that were unfrozen (by just logging in) were previously frozen years ago for having inappropriate usernames. Not program using or any obvious cheating thing.

At least, the people who have posted on the boards have said that. They could be lying though, who knows. :lol2:

#9 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

I was wondering this as well. Is there a place where people have shared their experiences with "getting caught"? I feel like that would be a good topic to have to know what not to do.

http://www.neocodex....en#entry1747160
Would probally be the closest we have to something like that.
I got frozen for SSing during thr AC two years ago, but through a stoke of luck got the account back.

Edited by Satsuki, 22 May 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#10 lhalpo

lhalpo
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

http://www.neocodex....en#entry1747160
Would probally be the closest we have to something like that.
I got frozen for SSing during thr AC two years ago, but through a stoke of luck got the account back.

How did you manage to get your account back?

#11 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

How did you manage to get your account back?

With this, http://www.neocodex....recovery +guide . Plus a ton of luck.

#12 EvilBunnyFooFoo

EvilBunnyFooFoo
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

I got iced on my main for making a typo on a score sending list.

Then I got iced on my new main for AOBing and sending a score in too soon... But miraculously got it back.

#13 njn

njn
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

I'm new to the news about this whole Jumpstart taking over thing.  I guess I don't pay attention at all to who owns Neopets :p  Anyone know about this company?  Going back to the main topic, I feel that people who get frozen for autobuying are the owns who over use it and constantly are getting high profit/rare items...it just looks suspicious.  But if the company is in transition, no one may be paying as much attention to that... only time will tell.

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

I'm new to the news about this whole Jumpstart taking over thing.  I guess I don't pay attention at all to who owns Neopets :p  Anyone know about this company?

They make educational games for children, and have acquired Neopets in an effort to expand their catalogue and demographic into a higher age bracket.

#15 Tipps102

Tipps102
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Wow thanks for the responses guys! One more question, do you think you're bound to be caught eventually? it seems a lot of people get frozen for restocking even lower priced items. Have people managed to keep accounts unfrozen for long periods of times despite continuing to use abrosia?

#16 njn

njn
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

Wow thanks for the responses guys! One more question, do you think you're bound to be caught eventually? it seems a lot of people get frozen for restocking even lower priced items. Have people managed to keep accounts unfrozen for long periods of times despite continuing to use abrosia?

Yet to be seen for me!  I'll keep ya updated ;) *knocks on wood*

#17 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

I'll repeat what I said on the thread mentioned above:

I got frozen for trophy collecting and after that, it was getting caught in a score-sending trap.

I don't think I remembered before this, but I think the account before the trophy collection, it was because I kept sending scores after I got a review score (thus making my scheme obvious).

#18 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

years ago I was frozen for playing KQ on separate browsers/computers with myself. So if anyone is thinking about it, use proxies. 

I have yet to be caught with anything else though... then again I am very very careful with any program I use.

#19 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

KQ with...myself. Never thought of that. An excellent way to cheat, I think, if you can do it right!

#20 wonka94

wonka94
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

I got frozen for the using multiple accounts to earn neopoints so now i use proxies for most of my account :p. I've never got frozen for using most of the other programs other than abrosia and scoresender even though sometimes i leave them on while i sleep.

#21 Nentusia

Nentusia
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

+ I'm pretty sure the accounts that were unfrozen (by just logging in) were previously frozen years ago for having inappropriate usernames. Not program using or any obvious cheating thing.

At least, the people who have posted on the boards have said that. They could be lying though, who knows. :lol2:

I, for example. got unfrozen as well. Messed up with my proxy and they froze me for using multiple accounts as a main account/to earn neopoints :rolleyes: 

It was absolutely my own fault.

My apology was HIDEOUS and I never even suspected them to answer me, and surely not that they unfreeze me! So you never know.

(But my other main was frozen 2-3 years ago, there wouldn't be a chance to get that back, would it?)

#22 EvilBunnyFooFoo

EvilBunnyFooFoo
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

I've been using ambrosia for 3 years and I have never gotten caught RS. But I don't run it every day continuously.. I pretty much shut it down once I have  RS ban and won't RS for a day or two. There have been times when I have even left it open all night running... But my only problem was SS/AOB.. But again, that was my mistake.

#23 68apples

68apples
  • 36 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

years ago I was frozen for playing KQ on separate browsers/computers with myself. So if anyone is thinking about it, use proxies. 

I have yet to be caught with anything else though... then again I am very very careful with any program I use.

Why didn't I think of that?! I might actually have to try this, I never play KQ because of other players being obnoxious. :x

Some cheats (like visiting the Snowager every 30 minutes, without fail) are definitely going to make you look more suspicious. I haven't tried ABing yet so I don't know the risk, and I don't score send either. I'm a careful cheater. 

But you do hear about supposedly 'legit' accounts that get frozen just for seeming a bit suspicious. I know a lot of legit AC players were iced and got their accounts back a few weeks later, just because TNT was so pissed about cheaters. Hah!

No one is safe. :p

#24 Razzille

Razzille
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:47 AM

my main got frozen over a year ago and I followed the guide on how to attempt to recover it.  TNT did reply but told me that they can't reactivate it anymore because it was frozen for so long.

#25 Freinity

Freinity
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

my main got frozen over a year ago and I followed the guide on how to attempt to recover it.  TNT did reply but told me that they can't reactivate it anymore because it was frozen for so long.

Sorry to hear that, especially with the recent unfreezings of accounts that were iced for 3+ years. Wonder how they choose =/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users