pet peeves of neopets

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 GothicxToy

GothicxToy
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

What are some pet peeves you have that involve neopets? There's nearly 400 pages of topics here, so forgive me if this has already been done.

For me:

Mother freaking "pet applications" to adopt pet from other users. For christ sakes, they're PIXELS. I shouldn't have to bust my butt to make an application for pixels.

Edited by GothicxToy, 09 August 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#2 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

I agree that pet applications have got to be one of the dumbest things ever. You're "quitting forever" or whatever crap, why do you care what happens to your pets? If you care so much, leave them on your account or "take care of them"/don't quit. Honestly all the long bs stories people come up with for the sake of these apps make me cringe so hard. 

Edited by Nanarie, 09 August 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#3 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

I agree, I've always ask the them to at least make some sort of main shop that can sell their items following their market price based on users or just have an option to sell them in the inventory tab. It's pretty one sided where you can only buy them and not sell them back. That's where the instability of the economy comes in, one new avatar comes in and a whole lot of a specific item just shoot in price.

#4 arow4580

arow4580
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

why does completing a single stamp album cost hundreds of millions of neopoints -.-

And why is 90% of the shops always full? Can't there be some automatic clearing mechanism :(

A Main Shop auto-clearer would be nice o.o

#5 SuperDuperPuppu

SuperDuperPuppu
  • 148 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

My biggest pet peeve is the lack of use for sooooooooooo many of the items.

Seriously, nearly 90% of the items have no actual use.

For example, the Neopian School Supply supplied items for a school mechanism that was never implemented or created due to the departure of the original creators.

That is why 90% of the shops are always full - there are absolutely no uses for the items.

Thank goodness for fairy quests and faerie jobs, or else 99% of the shops will be always full.

Why would anybody create items with no purpose? What the heck do I need the Dr. Sloth Eraser for anyways?

#6 Princessstar09

Princessstar09
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

When people trade their "rw" neopets that have names you've never heard of. 

#7 arow4580

arow4580
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

When people trade their "rw" neopets that have names you've never heard of. 

omg so true!

and when they offer their "rw" on my pets,they even have to explain what does it mean,and of course it has stupid meaning with no character potential 

#8 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

A Main Shop auto-clearer would be nice o.o

Can you not adjust the profit to where it would buy everything? I've never tried that but I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.

#9 Docshroomed

Docshroomed
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

My biggest pet peeve is the lack of use for sooooooooooo many of the items.

Seriously, nearly 90% of the items have no actual use.

For example, the Neopian School Supply supplied items for a school mechanism that was never implemented or created due to the departure of the original creators.

That is why 90% of the shops are always full - there are absolutely no uses for the items.

Thank goodness for fairy quests and faerie jobs, or else 99% of the shops will be always full.

Why would anybody create items with no purpose? What the heck do I need the Dr. Sloth Eraser for anyways?

Yeah, junk items are a pain especially with the shitty arcaic quickstock system. It would be nice if you could actually get something remotely useful from fishing or whatever. They should incorporate things into each other like in MMO's  (runescape fishing, or getting some items like wow), it would create a pastime and more people would play but they won't.

TWO PET PEEVES:

1. Shop wizard is set by default to "containing my phrase"

2. God forsaken Codestone Plushies that make it a pain in the ass to search for codestones on the SW! If I go type Lu Codestone I have to make sure to switch it each time or that bastard fuzzle will make sure to bring up results for some stupid plushie.

#10 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

How theres nothing to do besides dailies and worthwhile events.

#11 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

My biggest pet peeve would be over-inflated items ;.; 

#12 GothicxToy

GothicxToy
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

How theres nothing to do besides dailies and worthwhile events.

I'll be honest, most of my "time" spent on the actual website is basically re-checking in the hotel service and occasionally looking through the boards, trying to find something funny.

Another peeve:

The message board on neopets is seemingly 95% spam. Everyone seems too afraid to make any post due to the insane censors and how easy it is to get frozen, because of said boards.

My biggest pet peeve would be over-inflated items ;.; 

I'm looking at you paint brushes

Edited by GothicxToy, 10 August 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#13 WeirwoodTreeHugger

WeirwoodTreeHugger
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

That 98% of the AC is just people asking to be lent something.

#14 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

That having a high level trained pet is useful once in a blue moon when a battle plot rolls around. And even then by the final wave there are like two pets that can actually stand toe to toe consistently with whatever the boss is. All of the rest of us just throw ourselves endlessly at it and rack up defeats.

#15 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

GIFT BOXES ARGHGHGHHGHAEHEHGAHH

Or at the very least the fact that you can't transfer your NC items between your own accounts without boxes either. sigh

#16 Fawkes

Fawkes
  • Team ASS

• 202 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

I hate guild applications.

I hate guilds that do member sweeps if you haven't posted in a week.

I hate the kids who complain that we don't get plots and when we do, the plot isn't good enough.

I HATE the Lab Ray.

But, I still somehow love Neopets. :D

#17 GothicxToy

GothicxToy
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

GIFT BOXES ARGHGHGHHGHAEHEHGAHH

Or at the very least the fact that you can't transfer your NC items between your own accounts without boxes either. sigh

Don't forget the treasure boxes that require NC to open

:l

#18 abbatoir

abbatoir
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

RN/RW pets that have a ridiculous amount of vowels, like Lieniaeleya.

Edited by abbatoir, 11 August 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#19 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

Don't forget the treasure boxes that require NC to open

:l

Or the anything that requires NC to open.

The effing amount of snowballs that I had during the winter time that I couldn't melt.

#20 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

It really pisses me off how they send out emails a few days after events start... like they don't want people to get top prizes.

#21 Kau

Kau
  • 262 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

Free or best offer trades

Paperclip trades

People who go on the TC and say 'SELLING ONE DUBLOON COIN!'

#22 Parasol

Parasol
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

My pet peeve is how the site hasn't really evolved with the times. Yeah, I get it, it's a cash cow, and those who own it are putting in the minimum investment (which, to be fair, is another peeve!)

But the biggest thing that needs to evolve is the neoboards and the chat filters. It's silly to have to dance around words, especially if the words in question aren't actually even there! I kinda get why you'd need to filter "fuk" on its own, but censoring it is keeping me from using my shameful weeaboo-tastic name choices on pets.

Is there even anyone on the site that's under 13 anymore? I mean, I'm sure there's a few people, but the new accounts just always seem to be oldies rebuilding.

#23 GothicxToy

GothicxToy
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

The length of time it takes for an auction (if you won) to transfer the object to your inventory. If it's an expensive object, I want to put that thing in the Safety Deposit Box ASAP to avoid a random event stealing it and/or destroying it >_>

#24 Quirky

Quirky
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

I hate how you have to preview petpages in a new tab every time you want to submit changes. So if you're like me and you're in the moment and tweaking things, you end up with eight tabs of "Edit Your Neopet's Homepage!" across the top of your browser. It's a little thing, and it might just apply to me, but man does it urk me.

#25 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

The stupid fucking grabby hand that every pet has to have now because of NC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users