Duplication Glitch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2366 replies to this topic

#1076 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

It's gone on too long. They can't freeze everyone who's touched a duped item or duped NP, it's been circulated too much already.

maybe TNT want MSPP value to drop? hmm.

#1077 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

Last night someone asked to be lent and then discarded someone's legit MSPP. LOL They were frozen not too shortly thereafter. They thought they were doing the neo-community a favor.

LOL

That's great.

I was gifted one, then discarded it. I figured anyone gifting me an MSPP would be a dupe.

#1078 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

Last night someone asked to be lent and then discarded someone's legit MSPP. LOL They were frozen not too shortly thereafter. They thought they were doing the neo-community a favor.

Why would someone lend out their legit MSPP at the midst of all this chaos? The fool deserved that :p

#1079 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Why would someone lend out their legit MSPP at the midst of all this chaos? The fool deserved that :p

Exactly what I was thinking.

Edit: 300th post!

Edited by Megazord, 03 October 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#1080 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

APKgEna.jpg

Holy shit hahahah what an idiot!!

#1081 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

A lot of people said that very thing. It makes you wonder.

#1082 Alyeena

Alyeena
  • *brohoof*

• 81 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

Maybe if the neopets market wasn't so fucked up to begin with. It would be better. This just makes me think of duping in Diablo 1. Everything will be worthless and free. You'll only want to beat the game once, then be done with it for years.

I know it's horrible, I have never seen a worse online economy ever. This is actually a welcome change for me. Of course I don't think it will last unfortunately. :(

I really hope the items stay tho.

Completely agree, what a dumb move.

How do you know it was legit tho, maybe the person lied??

#1083 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

Good point, I guess you don't. But the person who discarded it was frozen. They posted a board bragging about what they did and it lasted about 10 minutes before being  deleted. The person who lent it came onto the board and said it was legit. They could've been lying though. The person who discarded it realized they were going to be frozen and tried to adopt out his UC Mara Gelert to someone to hold onto until he made another account. Someone accepted it and then pounded it after they were frozen. LOL

#1084 Karyx

Karyx
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

Lol but not frozen. 

Doubt they will do a mass freeze at this point, tbh. Their player base is low enough that if they keep freezing people they won't have any players left. 

It's more likely they'll just keep people who sell the stuff off the boards so they can't advertise (you also can't SW the MSPP and SuAP anymore) and have been blocking it from the Money Tree as well.

But the items are all around now, would be a bitch to track them all down. It'll end up with just leaving those with one or two of those items unfrozen.

#1085 Alyeena

Alyeena
  • *brohoof*

• 81 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

Good point, I guess you don't. But the person who discarded it was frozen. They posted a board bragging about what they did and it lasted about 10 minutes before being  deleted. The person who lent it came onto the board and said it was legit. They could've been lying though. The person who discarded it realized they were going to be frozen and tried to adopt out his UC Mara Gelert to someone to hold onto until he made another account. Someone accepted it and then pounded it after they were frozen. LOL

LOL that awesome. What I would of done is convert the UC, even more of a slap in the face. Besides I wish they would just mass convert them all, I am really tired of the injustice of the UCs (but that's off-topic so whatever)

#1086 boobface

boobface
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

Completely agree, what a dumb move.

My guess is that person was a known mspp lender before the transition/dupe week

#1087 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

The person that discarded it is a fool as well! Hahaha I can't stand these neo do-gooders. Their self-righteousness backfired in the best way possible. Must be fuming that they lost their UC pet.

#1088 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

My guess is that person was a known mspp lender before the transition/dupe week

That's what I think, other people knew him and stood up for him.

#1089 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

I still find it hard to believe any legit player would lend anything given the current status of Neo.

#1090 Swekfem

Swekfem
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

The person that discarded it is a fool as well! Hahaha I can't stand these neo do-gooders. Their self-righteousness backfired in the best way possible. Must be fuming that they lost their UC pet.

deleting borrowed items whether it's legit or not is still not ok. it's a trust thing.

#1091 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

I still find it hard to believe any legit player would lend anything given the current status of Neo.

I still find it hard to believe that there are any legit players at all. :p

#1092 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

The fact that they are actively buying them is also hard to believe. They should have just stayed put. Not by buying off users and stating it's a dupe to help TnT or some sort.

#1093 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

I am looking for kind soul who have extra SUAP to give me now. HAHAHA! :p

#1094 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

I am looking for kind soul who have extra SUAP to give me now. HAHAHA! :p

I wouldn't mind one myself. 

#1095 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

I still find it hard to believe that there are any legit players at all. :p

LOLOL

#1096 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

deleting borrowed items whether it's legit or not is still not ok. it's a trust thing.

Trust?

Do your realise you're talking about Neopians? lol people that "grew" with a TNT that freeze first and... never ask questions, don't giving a fuck if you're innocent or not.

#1097 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

I agree completely. 

#1098 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

Meanwhile at JumpStart...

0bhAyRV.gif

I stole this from Reddit. Too good not to post.

Edited by talbs, 03 October 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#1099 Alyeena

Alyeena
  • *brohoof*

• 81 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

I agree with this. It was a HUGE risk to take, not only with the item, but the account of the lender too.

Besides, if they were a well know lender, like, they should of know better no? And no lend to someone they don't trust. Legit or no, I really don't feel bad for them.

#1100 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

Meanwhile at JumpStart...

0bhAyRV.gif

I stole this from Reddit. Too good not to post.

LOL too true.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users