Does TNT actually freeze for this?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:30 PM

I think he's just mad, no way this is scamming. Whether TNT freezes or not for it is another matter hahaha

qJvzMrL.png

Edited by L33T, 06 November 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

TNT freezes for a lot of stupid reasons, so yes. I have a friend that got iced for scamming when he actually just accidentaly sent the offer with one zero less.

Edited by Swarley, 06 November 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

for report happy assholes, yes they have been known to freeze for this.

#4 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

I've been iced "for scamming" because @Cyo said he wanted me when I asked him what he wanted in exchange for a pet.

#5 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:36 PM

Hahaha, don't really know what I expected. Haven't touched Neo for a while, only took 10 minutes coming back to it today to remember how poor of a company it's run by.

#6 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

Damn scanners.

Scanner.view.750pix.jpg

#7 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

I think he's just mad, no way this is scamming. Whether TNT freezes or not for it is another matter hahaha

qJvzMrL.png

That's odd, did he not pick a decent increment? If I wanted to sell a 500k item for guaranteed 500k I'd start it as 250k with an increment of 250k lol. I'd just laugh at myself if I made a mistake and someone got a freebie.  :lol2:

#8 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

That's odd, did he not pick a decent increment? If I wanted to sell a 500k item for guaranteed 500k I'd start it as 250k with an increment of 250k lol. I'd just laugh at myself if I made a mistake and someone got a freebie.  :lol2:

I feel like the person was talking about a trade, where it is known for people to leave the last digit off. Sometimes though it can be because newbies don't under stand "K" so they think 50k is 50 NP or something like that. 

Leaving the last digit off in an auction I feel like would be attributed to the person who started it, thus not scamming since they messed up, and here it doesn't sound like he started an auction.

Because you can't really leave a 0 off if you're bidding. (Sure you could bet 10 when you meant 100, but if 10 fits the increment, you're not scamming anyone.) With auctions it's not like you're hoping someone doesn't read what you bid carefully and accidentally gives the item to you for way less, as people have no control over who wins an auction, unlike how they control who gets a trade.

#9 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

The bid here refer to TP right? Auctions, it is not very possible

This is actually dumb...

The person has to be careful when there is an offer on the trade. It is not as if the number of nps is hidden.

You can verify if it is 50k or 500k unless they cant count zeros...

It is actually their fault.

I will just ignore the offer and the offer will eventually be withdrawn.

But i did hear that TNT will freeze

Edited by kai1, 06 November 2014 - 05:25 PM.

#10 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

I feel like the person was talking about a trade, where it is known for people to leave the last digit off. Sometimes though it can be because newbies don't under stand "K" so they think 50k is 50 NP or something like that. 

Leaving the last digit off in an auction I feel like would be attributed to the person who started it, thus not scamming since they messed up, and here it doesn't sound like he started an auction.

Because you can't really leave a 0 off if you're bidding. (Sure you could bet 10 when you meant 100, but if 10 fits the increment, you're not scamming anyone.) With auctions it's not like you're hoping someone doesn't read what you bid carefully and accidentally gives the item to you for way less, as people have no control over who wins an auction, unlike how they control who gets a trade.

Oh! That makes a lot more sense. Derp. :p I've had a lot of people do that to me on my trades as well as offering junk, I have no clue how it would feel to fall for the scam though. Well actually I think a lot of noobs may just be naive when I ask for 500k and they offer 500 NP rofl.

#11 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

hahaha, i get SO annoyed with people who do this- bid WAY less than the asking price. :reaper:  I am asking for 500k, so yes that obviously means i want 250k nothing more lol. it makes me want to slap faces... i just block people who bid stupidly on my trades, although i *don't hate me* used to report repeat offenders for scamming.

I always hoped that noone on neocodex would be 'one of those people' lol, especially since we can be so rich (which begs the question, why do i care so much lol).

Anyways... rant over.

Love to all.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  ;)

:zen:

#12 s2_yan

s2_yan
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

technically, it is scamming because ur intentionally leaving off a zero so it looks like what they are asking for but one less zero. TnT have frozen ppl b4 for this, and i think they are doing the right thing if u are doing it on purpose.

#13 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

Sadly, as is the case with TNT, sometimes they can't tell if it's on purpose and end up freezing people who just made a mistake and missed hitting the 0 one more time, or poor newbies who don't get that "K" means 1,000, so they only offer the number before the "K". 

Always check your offers when offering NP. That way you can double check if you missed a 0 by mistake and can cancel the offer before someone reports you for it. 

I haven't had this happen, but if it did, I may at first send a NM asking if they knew they left off a 0. I don't like having to report people with things like this, because sometimes it's hard to tell if they did it on purpose. 

#14 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:42 PM

I'm sure they wouldn't freeze after one incident, but they probably track it if it happens repeatedly.

#15 Maleire

Maleire
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

I do not think it is scamming. The seller got tricked, that's it. Sometimes people also put items in the shop at ridiculously low price because they made a mistake. Do we get freezed if we buy that item?!

Morally it is not right. Technically we are not doing anything wrong also.

TNT need to gp easy on freezing accounts, they are losing players by the day. If they keep freezing people for small things, eventually they freeze their job as well.

#16 s2_yan

s2_yan
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

honestly...i despise ppl who scam,,especially ppl who take adv of this situation..hopefully op isnt like that

#17 Maleire

Maleire
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:47 PM

I do not like people like that too but such is life. I get tricked and I get scammed before in real life too, I hate those people but also learn to be more careful after each incident.

Perhaps getting tricked in neopets will make them more careful in future and thereby avoid getting tricked in real life.

Then again, it could also be an honest typing mistake. Freezing account seems to be overdoing but then again, we are talking about TNT, normal logics do not apply.

#18 BestUsukigirlNA

BestUsukigirlNA
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

Hi can you guys help me solve this issue:

Today I was trying to buy a Plushie from a Trading Post

I talked to the person selling the Plushie, I asked if I can buy it for 2.1mil

Then she said " how come you have 2.1mil you only been on neopets for 1 weeks, is this your side account"

And then she claims she is a nice person, but I still think she is going to report me for that.

What do I do now

----

Edited by BestUsukigirlNA, 07 November 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#19 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

Hi can you guys help me solve this issue:

Today I was trying to buy a Plushie from a Trading Post

I talked to the person selling the Plushie, I asked if I can buy it for 2.1mil

Then she said " how come you have 2.1mil you only been on neopets for 1 weeks, is this your side account"

And then she claims she is a nice person, but I still think she is going to report me for that.

What do I do now

----

Pretend you thought you were on your main?

#20 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

Once in your lifetime, probably not.

Once or more a day for 2 years, probably will.

#21 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:14 AM

Once in your lifetime, probably not.

Once or more a day for 2 years, probably will.

That sums it up. :p

#22 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

I don't think they'd freeze for one or two times, after all it is an easy thing to miss when making a legit bid.

#23 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

I don't think they'd freeze for one or two times, after all it is an easy thing to miss when making a legit bid.

Same here. But then again the way the website is ran is so unpredictable!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users