• Please log in to reply
3926 replies to this topic

#3651 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:46 AM

THIS REPLY HAS FEMALE BIOLOGY IN IT. I shouldn't need to warn people about it, but we are incredibly backward and behind as a people and sometimes talk of menstrual blood and sex bothers people.

I've used a menstrual cup (Lunette) for about 7 years now. (Really, the same one, except the cat ate my first one within the first month. Brat snagged the bag out of my purse and chewed it up in the night!) The vagina isn't very wide and is lined with muscles, so it holds the cup in place over the cervix. Even if it's not right up against it (which it probably won't be, that could be uncomfortable) the cup is held in position. The rim of the cup and the wall of muscle create a barrier so it really doesn't leak (grain of salt*). I sleep with it, run with it, swim in the ocean with it, and have no issues. I used to wear liners just in case, and it will leak if you let it get too full or I dunno, maybe do something rigourous like horseback riding (haven't tried). They only thing you shouldn't do is be inverted (go upside down). I've not heard of it happening, but there's a chance of menstrual blood backflowing into the uterus and somehow causing problems. Really I can't see how, it would have to be a perfect storm to really cause any issues, but I don't really go upside down all that often anyway.)

Yep. I've used one for a little under a decade and only had to buy a new one a few years ago cause the dog tore a hole in mine.

Once it's in there, grab the little stem and wiggle it. You'll be able to feel the suction if it's inserted correctly and you'll eventually be able to just know it's right. If you squat a couple times after you stick it in, it'll shift into place naturally. I've only had mine leak when I don't have it in properly.

How often you empty it depends on how heavy your flow is. I was a "super tampon" girl, changing every two hours. Incredibly inconvenient while in high school. But tampons don't absorb very well, and DON'T absorb uterine lining. The cup catches all that and holds about 1.5 ounces. On my Heavy days, (super tampon girl, btw), I empty it in the morning when I wake up, then again at lunch, then when I shower before bed. That's it. (They say not to leave tampons in 8 hours either, but there's really no problem putting one in before bed and leaving it until morning, but I always woke up and change it anyway).

This is probably how often I change mine too.

@Mishelle

Spoiler

#3652 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:25 PM

Thank you ladies! Definitely going to look into one now.

#3653 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:44 PM

Spoiler

It always grossed me out, because the string was always wet with pee or toilet water. Or god forbid I had to poop. I cannot be the only woman that's had to change a tampon due to poopstring. -.-

Edited by FelisNoctua, 21 September 2016 - 04:45 PM.

#3654 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

Spoiler

#3655 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:58 PM

Spoiler

slack!

#3656 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:32 PM

Moms been sober a year but also something good/bad happened that day... She'll be sober in Jan qq

#3657 N00dle

N00dle
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:48 PM

There is an actor in my new binge show that looks exactly like my ex and has stirred up some old feelings I thought long dead.

#3658 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:08 AM

It always grossed me out, because the string was always wet with pee or toilet water. Or god forbid I had to poop. I cannot be the only woman that's had to change a tampon due to poopstring. -.-

I'm glad I'm not a giant derp. People are always like JUST HOLD THE STRING OVER but I'm like... it's absorbent? All you need is one drop and the whole thing's wasted.

#3659 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:47 AM

Moms been sober a year but also something good/bad happened that day... She'll be sober in Jan qq

I so very happy she made it that long this time. Mistakes happen. Lapses happen. When you say "sober in Jan" you mean she's lapsing right now? Have hope, reinforce to her that you love her and believe in her strength to stop. I'll be thinking of you.

Spoiler

#3660 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:21 AM

I can't sleep in silence so usually I'll throw music like Nujabes or something on to sleep to. But sometimes, just sometimes, if I'm feeling a little bit cheeky, and a tiny bit naughty...

Spoiler

Edited by Dazz, 11 October 2016 - 06:22 AM.

#3661 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

I went to a psychiatrist yesterday and from what he gathered, apparently I have social anxiety (as I already imagined), GAD and a light depression. It actually feels good to know what's going on and finally start treating it.

#3662 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:54 AM

Spoiler

#3663 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:54 PM

Spoiler

#3664 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:52 PM

I have now been drunk two nights in a row. Which makes me terrified because my mom died of alcoholism. I spend a lot of time worried about my husband's alcoholism. I don't drink a lot but I can see why people would want to feel like this Kama a lot. Okay maybe not really because I feel like I am really attention needy and board. And I can't type so I'm using my microphone for what that's worth. Seriously like half of it feels really good the other half of it disconcerting

I went to a psychiatrist yesterday and from what he gathered, apparently I have social anxiety (as I already imagined), GAD and a light depression. It actually feels good to know what's going on and finally start treating it.

]

Very happy that you sought help, because it took me a long time to seek help, and it's a world of difference. People care about you. I hope your therapist can show you that.

Spoiler

Can you extrapolate, because when I start on the internet a furry meant that you like to have sex with people dressed up in Teddy bear costumes. That's the thing, or is it more getting around it anthropomorphic images of animals and stuff

Edited by FelisNoctua, 15 October 2016 - 10:53 PM.

#3665 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:05 AM

Very happy that you sought help, because it took me a long time to seek help, and it's a world of difference. People care about you. I hope your therapist can show you that.

Thank you! I wasn't gonna say anything to my parents (I hate making people worried, especially my mom), but it was really starting to get in the way of college, so I had to.

#3666 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:49 AM

Spoiler

#3667 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:56 AM

I can feel myself slipping deeper into depression and I'm just like "...Meh." 

#3668 windy

windy
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:21 AM

Spoiler

#3669 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

Trigger warning for graphic depiction of actual death.

Spoiler

Drinking more wine than I should be lately.

Counteracts the antidepressants a bit, but, I feel better. Really.

#3670 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:54 AM

Trigger warning for graphic depiction of actual death.

Spoiler

Drinking more wine than I should be lately.

Counteracts the antidepressants a bit, but, I feel better. Really.

Sendng you a big hug!!! :(

Spoiler

^^ TMI

#3671 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:46 PM

@Prisca, I can't quote you, because it's weirdly trying to quote THE WHOLE PAGE.
 But, sending you a hug too. Hoping your hormones straighten out soon. <3

#3672 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

@Prisca, I can't quote you, because it's weirdly trying to quote THE WHOLE PAGE.
 But, sending you a hug too. Hoping your hormones straighten out soon. <3

#3673 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:17 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3674 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy