Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:43 PM

Spoiler

SRSLY?!?!? 

Spoiler

Edited by rauul, 01 August 2015 - 07:43 PM.

#1478 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

Spoiler

Listened to it, not that thrilled but maybe it's a song that will grow on me.

I think it went oh oh oh, I think it went yea yea yea, I think it goooeeess

#1479 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:14 AM

Listened to it, not that thrilled but maybe it's a song that will grow on me.

I think it went oh oh oh, I think it went yea yea yea, I think it goooeeess

I mean, it's not gooood good, just kinda good for a 1D song :p

#1480 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:17 AM

A friend of my husband recently picked a fight with me and now she never wants to see me again. I don't miss her one bit. Actually relieved I no longer have to act like I like her.

#1481 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:31 AM

I never really understood why sports fans get so riled up while watching a game. If you don't have money placed on a team, or you aren't playing, what's all the excitement about? What does a team you fancy do for you, other than possibly make you money.

#1482 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:28 AM

I never really understood why sports fans get so riled up while watching a game. If you don't have money placed on a team, or you aren't playing, what's all the excitement about? What does a team you fancy do for you, other than possibly make you money.

It's a good question. Everyone has their passion, right? I believe you put a lot of time into your car, correct? "But that's not the same thing, I actually use my car." Good point, let's see if I can argue it.

I went to my first Mets game when I was two years old, so I've been around sports my whole life. When I lived in the city I used to go to opening day every year. It became a part of my identity. When you invest a lot of time into something, regardless of what it is, it becomes important to you. And if something is important to you, it exites you. You are invested. If the Mets make the playoffs, I'm very happy. If they don't, I'm not. If they win an important game, it puts me in a great mood. If they lose, it bums me out. 

"Well, okay, you were born into that culture so it makes sense. But what about people who didn't grow up immersed in sports?" My dad was never really into football very much. We watched Mets and Knicks games, but I don't think we ever watched football, so I had to pick that up on my own. I picked the Patriots (combination of my dad being a Bills fan and they had just won the superbowl in '01). They've been very good since then, which has been nice since my other teams have been pretty bad. But one of the main things that made me such an intense fan even though I wasn't raised into it has been the adversity. People hate the Patriots, because of the scandals and because of their dominance. It's really quite interesting how even though we are a great team, we go into almost every playoff game as a sort of underdog, because of how much everyone hates us, which only really makes us love the team that much more. 

"Okay, so you like sports, it's important to you, but why does it matter so much to you people? Why is it such a big deal?" I think sports is so prevalent because it's a tremendous opportunity to bond with people. Whole cities, countries, and even continents can be brought together by sports. I went to a Boston bar in the middle of Manhattan to watch the superbowl this year, and the energy was unbelievable. Hundreds of people with the same emotions flowing through each other is an incredibly powerful feeling. Many people follow sports, it's a great icebreaker when you're meeting new people. It's a common theme, and brings quick and easy discussions to fans. I could meet someone new, who might be a big football fan like myself, and we could talk for an hour without knowing anything about each other, and build on that and become friends. 

Soccer, for example, especially in poorer countries, can literally be the most important thing in their lives. Their country is run down, but playing the game can make them forget about that for a while. And especially if their national team is good, it can provide an immense amount of pride that they otherwise might not have. 

Is sports a silly thing to get so worked up about? Maybe. Could we be using our time and energy on more important things? Probably. But just like some people like to talk about their cars, or their videogames, or their artwork, we like to talk about sports.

#1483 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:36 AM

Spoiler

#1484 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1485 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

text wall

I'm not a big sports fan, but that was beautiful.

#1486 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:13 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1487 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:30 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1488 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

Spoiler

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DRAGONS?

#1489 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:18 PM

Text Wall

Actually a really good response. I am definitely one of these sports super fans. Sometimes I actually do have money on a game and the stakes are higher, but normally it's just because I am such a fan. I wait all spring and summer to get football back. Sunday afternoons are typically the highlight of my week, even though I have to go back to work the next day, so I can totally relate with your post.

Edited by talbs, 02 August 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#1490 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:38 PM

Spoiler

#1491 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DRAGONS?

Just a man in a suit.

tumblr_m9r3haVUAc1qgst70o1_500.png

#1492 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

Just a man in a suit.

tumblr_m9r3haVUAc1qgst70o1_500.png

I don't think that makes it any better XD

#1493 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:34 PM

I'm not a big sports fan, but that was beautiful.

Thanks, man. It's something I've thought about before but never put into words. 

Actually a really good response. I am definitely one of these sports super fans. Sometimes I actually do have money on a game and the stakes are higher, but normally it's just because I am such a fan. I wait all spring and summer to get football back. Sunday afternoons are typically the highlight of my week, even though I have to go back to work the next day, so I can totally relate with your post.

Thanks. Oh yeah, I definitely spend a few hundred every year betting/playing fantasy, and it certainly adds another aspect to the experience. But he was asking why it was important if you don't have money on the game, that's why I didn't discuss it.

#1494 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:09 AM

Spoiler

#1495 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:41 AM

Yes. My soulkate, @Swarley @Rocket and @DonValentino all assured me that the way I reacted was perfectly normal and understandable and I wasn't being an outrageous unreasonable bitch and shouldn't beat myself up over it.

good to hear.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Idk how and why it's that way, but I definitely hope it gets better soon.

#1496 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:23 AM

Spoiler

#1497 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:21 AM

This is also a Suits spoiler. Don't read if you haven't watched season 2, episode 5 yet.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1498 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

Spoiler

#1499 Futurama

Futurama
  • 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

Spoiler

#1500 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

Taylor Swift's songs are catchy af. Should've listened to sooner lol.

Spoiler

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users