• Please log in to reply
3926 replies to this topic

#1576 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:33 AM

Wat. English must be one of the easiest languagues. 

This is a table with the different conjugations of "Salir" (to go out?) in spanish. Each cell it's a different conjugation/time of the same word.

920720.jpg

#1577 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:38 AM

This is a table with the different conjugations of "Salir" (to go out?) in spanish. Each cell it's a different conjugation/time of the same word.

We have that problem too. I still don't know half of it lmao

#1578 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:39 AM

We have that problem too. I still don't know half of it lmao

Same here lol I just use random verbs 

#1579 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:41 AM

920720.jpg

wat

#1580 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:35 AM

English is very easy to speak but more difficult to write grammatically correct.

#1581 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

English is very easy to speak but more difficult to write grammatically correct.

You're absolutely right, people who have lived here all their lives, and have learned English as their first language fucking suck.

There's still full grown adults that don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, etc. It sickens me almost as much as listening to people chew.

#1582 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:06 AM

Spoiler

#1583 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:32 AM

Spoiler

I was doing a flip off a rock Sunday and my top fell off and it was right when a giant group of Vietnamese tourists came by to take pictures...

Spoiler

#1584 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

Only now I noticed that the t-shirt from the Customization Contest Award has a "CC" written. Until this moment I thought it was a pair of stalker eyes.
59-AwardImgMaster-1402452230.png

You're absolutely right, people who have lived here all their lives, and have learned English as their first language fucking suck.
There's still full grown adults that don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, etc. It sickens me almost as much as listening to people chew.

I don't think that's due to the language's difficulty but more laziness/stupidity/lack of interest/too much time using abbreviations when they shouldn't be used (one thing is texting with your friends, another is school/job work).
In Portuguese there are similar issues. Due to the massive expansion of text messaging and whatnot, abbreviations came to conquer in the most horrible way. It's been a hard fight to bring our language back. I cringe every time I see a 40 years old man writing "obg" instead of "obrigado" (the Portuguese for: "thkx", instead of "thanks/thank you").

#1585 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:37 AM

Only now I noticed that the t-shirt from the Customization Contest Award has a "CC" written. Until this moment I thought it was a pair of stalker eyes.
59-AwardImgMaster-1402452230.png

I've always thought it was eyes as well.

#1586 Futurama

Futurama
  • 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

I accidentally fucked a couch on the night I lost my virginity.
"Are you in?"
"Yeah...why are you so rough?!"

Hi. I'm Adam. This is my life.

You got the "are you in" treatment. lololol. How'd that help your self esteem?

#1587 Sockoo

Sockoo
  • 506 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

As @Swarley said, Portuguese has this problem too. Here is the conjugations of "sair" (same as "Salir" or "to go out") http://www.conjuga-me.net/verbo-sair

#1588 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

Portuguese is like that for every verb, no?

We don't have any verb that is conjugated all the same away for every damn subject.

I think. :unsure: I can't seem to remember a lot of verbs now, my mind in filled with English words. Argh.

And even with subjects we have too many variations, and not only about gender. Lucky English speakers that don't have to conjugate every verb depending on if they are referring/talking to a man or a woman. :rolleyes:

#1589 Sockoo

Sockoo
  • 506 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

Portuguese is like that for every verb, no?

We don't have any verb that is conjugated all the same away for every damn subject.

I think. :unsure: I can't seem to remember a lot of verbs now, my mind in filled with English words. Argh.

And even with subjects we have too many variations, and not only about gender. Lucky English speakers that don't have to conjugate every verb depending on if they are referring/talking to a man or a woman. :rolleyes:

Portuguese has regular and irregular verbs, like English. But has more subjects and verb tenses.
And a lot of irregular verbs in Portuguese are WTF, some in English have a pattern

#1590 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:05 PM

I know about regular verbs. But our "regular" verbs are very different from English regular verbs.
Take the verb "to live" / "viver" as an example:
I live
You live
He/she/it lives
We live
You live
They live

Eu vivo
Tu vives
Ele vive
Nós vivemos
Vós viveis
Eles vivem

:rolleyes:

#1591 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:09 PM

But look at the bright side, it's easier for us to learn English than it is for them to learn Portuguese :p

#1592 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

What I meant is we don't have verbs like in English where in some cases almost all subjects have the same conjugation. "To live" is a good example of it. And then, like I said before, when applied, we have to use for the correct gender of the person/object/animal we are referring to.

Ela está viva.

Ele está vivo.

O cão ainda está vivo apesar de ter sido atropelado.

A zebra ainda está viva apesar de ter sido baleada.

But look at the bright side, it's easier for us to learn English than it is for them to learn Portuguese :p

Amém, meu irmão.

#1593 Sockoo

Sockoo
  • 506 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:11 PM

What I meant is we don't have verbs like in English where in some cases almost all subjects have the same conjugation. "To live" is a good example of it. And then, like I said before, when applied, we have to use for the correct gender of the person/object/animal we are referring to.

Ela está viva.

Ele está vivo.

O cão ainda está vivo apesar de ter sido atropelado.

A zebra ainda está viva apesar de ter sido baleada.

poor dog and zebra :/

Edited by Sockoo, 18 August 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#1594 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

:lol2:

They had a happy ending, they're both still alive! They're just a bit unlucky. :D

#1595 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

Now on topic:
Spoiler

#1596 Sockoo

Sockoo
  • 506 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:58 PM

Now on topic:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1597 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1598 Sockoo

Sockoo
  • 506 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1599 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

Spoiler

#1600 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

Spoiler

I just hit quote so I wouldn't have to open the spoilers to get to the bottom of this...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users