Spoiler

#1907 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:33 PM

Spoiler

@Aria wow. That's unfortunate as hell. :c So sorry you're going through that. Ugh. I wish you the least pain possible. 

Spoiler

#1908 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

Spoiler

#1909 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

:o

We cleaned everything after... I SWEAR.

Spoiler

Spoiler

@Aria wow. That's unfortunate as hell. :c So sorry you're going through that. Ugh. I wish you the least pain possible. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1910 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

@Aria Yeah but you shouldn't have to know how to take care of an untreated broken bone. :/ That's so royally fucked up and it infuriates me to no end that so many people go without proper medical care when we can, as a society, absolutely provide for those who cannot afford it. Sigh. I hope it gets better soon. Glad to hear you've got some pain meds at least. :c

#1911 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:03 PM

Spoiler

#1912 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:04 PM

@Aria Yeah but you shouldn't have to know how to take care of an untreated broken bone. :/ That's so royally fucked up and it infuriates me to no end that so many people go without proper medical care when we can, as a society, absolutely provide for those who cannot afford it. Sigh. I hope it gets better soon. Glad to hear you've got some pain meds at least. :c

When I finish my immigration it won't really be a problem anymore at least. 

My insurance won't even cover it either "hurr durr ya gotta pay the first 1000"

Yeah but like, I don't have that money. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1913 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

When I finish my immigration it won't really be a problem anymore at least. 

My insurance won't even cover it either "hurr durr ya gotta pay the first 1000"

Yeah but like, I don't have that money.

Where you live there aren't any free medical services? I find it hard to believe that in most first world countries medicine is so expensive. Here, medical treatment is free everywhere, just like higher education.

#1914 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

Where you live there aren't any free medical services? I find it hard to believe that in most first world countries medicine is so expensive. Here, medical treatment is free everywhere, just like higher education.

'Murica has ridiculously high cost of medical insurance or medical assistance. It's disgusting how high the cost of care is here; I am so ashamed of my country when it comes to the state of our healthcare system. It astounds me that it costs upward 50,000 for minor surgeries and stuff. My chemotherapy treatment was 140,000; with insurance, I was able to receive my treatments, labs and doctors visits - without it, I would have gone untreated and my life would have been shortened somewhat significantly, despite the condition being so easily treated. Fucking gross, if you ask me. A lot of it has to do with corrupt practices and bullshit. My brain surgery is going to cost 50k. But I have insurance, so I'll pay a deductible up to 1,500. Which is still too much for me to afford, but I will die without that surgery, so too bad, I have to pay it. It may be hard to believe, but it's true.

#1915 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:22 PM

Unfortunately, not every "first world country" gives their citizens "first world services".

I'm glad you live in a country that provides that for you, but saying that you find it hard to believe something like this happen, it's a surprise, at least for me. There's a whole world outside your country.

#1916 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

Unfortunately, not every "first world country" gives their citizens "first world services".

I'm glad you live in a country that provides that for you, but saying that you find it hard to believe something like this happen, it's a surprise, at least for me. There's a whole world outside your country.

The thing is that I never had to worry about spending money on that, ever. Nor in college. Only in movies is when I realize how big the struggle is for people in other parts of the world.

'Murica has ridiculously high cost of medical insurance or medical assistance. It's disgusting how high the cost of care is here; I am so ashamed of my country when it comes to the state of our healthcare system. It astounds me that it costs upward 50,000 for minor surgeries and stuff. My chemotherapy treatment was 140,000; with insurance, I was able to receive my treatments, labs and doctors visits - without it, I would have gone untreated and my life would have been shortened somewhat significantly, despite the condition being so easily treated. Fucking gross, if you ask me. A lot of it has to do with corrupt practices and bullshit. My brain surgery is going to cost 50k. But I have insurance, so I'll pay a deductible up to 1,500. Which is still too much for me to afford, but I will die without that surgery, so too bad, I have to pay it. It may be hard to believe, but it's true.

That is awful, knowing that you are in a bad situation and still have to carry with all the money that comes with it

#1917 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

@Athayde - Basically, this sums it up. My country is far from being on-par with other developed nations when it comes to healthcare, social welfare, education and humanism; not to mention the government is grossly corrupt with money and religion tied so heavily into our politics. It should be no surprise that some nations simply do not provide for their people.

Edit:

Scavi, on 27 Sept 2015 - 8:27 PM, said:

The thing is that I never had to worry about spending money on that, ever. Nor in college. Only in movies is when I realize how big the struggle is for people in other parts of the world.

That is awful, knowing that you are in a bad situation and still have to carry with all the money that comes with it

@Scavi that's pretty lucky. I understand you can't know if you've never been exposed. I'm going thousands of dollars into debt just to get a degree, so I may further my prospects and be able to eventually provide for myself. But I'm slowly becoming disabled, so I may not even get to use that degree. That is the reality for anyone who isn't born rich in the US. I personally think my country is a shit-hole and I find patriotism disgusting in the US. We are not even remotely close to being the best or greatest nation on the planet and the majority who think so are narcissistic, ignorant little shitlords who have no grasp of systematic oppression that occurs here. 

2nd edit: Maybe that's a bit harsh of me to say; there are aspects of my country I love. I've had the good fortune of living abroad for almost a decade. I've exposed myself to many cultures and ideas. I just find the American patriotic bullshit so narcissistic and annoying - when considering how poorly our country handles poverty, healthcare, education, opportunities, etc.

Edited by Coops, 27 September 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#1918 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

Spoiler

#1919 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:34 PM

I really hate the american medical system, I have physical disabilities that could be helped out a lot if I could afford to actually go to a doctor. 

A lot of non americans I talk to always get shocked when I say things like that too. 

#1920 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:37 PM

I really hate the american medical system, I have physical disabilities that could be helped out a lot if I could afford to actually go to a doctor. 

A lot of non americans I talk to always get shocked when I say things like that too. 

@Aria Me too, me too. And I have insurance. :c

#1921 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

i'm running out of ideas what to post on my status updates ever since we have the confession thread and good/bad/awkward things happening to you thread. :/

#1922 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:06 PM

Spoiler

#1923 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1924 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:26 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1925 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:28 PM

I be goin ham, shorty be upgrading from bologna.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users