Seen any good movies lately?

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#151 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:12 AM

Just saw the new star wars!!! I don't remember the others very well (it's been YEARS since I've seen them) but honestly, this one was fine just remembering the little bit I did from the others. Disney did not disappoint  :thumbsup:

Edited by Kass, 20 December 2015 - 12:12 AM.

#152 rezpirate

rezpirate
  • 171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

The Cobbler - with Adam Sandler, it was okay, not great.

#153 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:29 AM

Watched Con Air again the other day awesome "why could you not put the bunny rabbit back in the box"

#154 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:31 PM

Best comedy I've seen in a while :D I laughed my ass off

i just watched this! :D you're right, it's really funny! i just love love love the story about monica and sam (the deaf couple). it's so sweet. :heart:

#155 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:39 PM

I saw Concussion today. It's amazing to see what lengths the NFL went to to cover up the fact that their players were ending up with severe brain damage due to all the hits to the head and how they were dying because it of it. Losing jobs, falling into madness, and a number of them ended up killing themselves. I want to be a neurologist so seeing the science in the movie, which was done very well, was incredibly interesting to me. Plus, I live in Pittsburgh, were the movie is based (except towards the end), and where the true story happened. The movie is based off of a true story that started back in 2002. It's always nice to see a movie about your hometown.

I feel bad for liking football now though. And there's a game tomorrow, which I will watch and probably worry about all the hits to the head the players are getting and trying to figure out who's going to die next. 

#156 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:34 PM

I saw the babadook recently and it actually wasn't half bad. I had made fun of it before with my sister but seeing as we were both really bored and had nothing better to do, we decided to give it a go.

The movie itself had some awesome shots in it (you can really tell they had fun making this movie) and was pretty creepy. The characters were a bit weird but I think that added to the movie.

After realizing that there was actually a lot of symbolism in the movie, it became much better for me. Definitely one that I would rewatch because you might have missed some small details that play key parts in realizing some things. 

Overall I'd recommend it if you enjoy horror movies. It's the story of a mother and her child and their encounter with a strange monster, and it makes you think about the movie after you watch it which is a quality I always love in a movie.

#157 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:43 AM

Ricki and the Flash is ok :3 Meryl Streep... so hot right now

#158 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:39 AM

i watched tarantino's latest movie, the hateful eight, last night and it was EPIC. :heart: definitely my favorite director of all-time.

#159 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:04 AM

i watched tarantino's latest movie, the hateful eight, last night and it was EPIC. :heart: definitely my favorite director of all-time.

Ouuu I really want to see that. 

I actually have a long list of movies I have wanted to see but haven't. :c

#160 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:50 AM

The reverant is an amazing film. I can't stand Tom hardy but even he was amazing in it.

#161 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:12 AM

The most recent movie I have seen besides the new Star Wars was Crimson Peak.  Was incredible.

#162 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:42 PM

The reverant is an amazing film. I can't stand Tom hardy but even he was amazing in it.

dat bear mauling scene tho. :heart:

#163 Rose

Rose
  • 24 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 07:10 PM

Let's hope leo get's an oscar this year! haha

#164 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:45 AM

The reverant was good but I did struggle with a few things..

1st Tom Hardy I think hes brill and loved him in this but sometimes I struggled to understand him why they felt the need to make him have a strong accent is beyond me.

2nd There was points where the tension was just a little to much over the top and felt it could have been turned down 1%.

3rd The end scene does he die or not kinda annoyed me.

Watched Creed the other day very good and worth a watch.

#165 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:21 AM

Well I want to watch a movie and do codex stuff, etc so I have the old tv playing 'no strings attached' cus I couldn't figure out what to watch. Its good xD

#166 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

I watched Tangerine recently and it was pretty epic.

#167 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:02 PM

I watched Tangerine recently and it was pretty epic.

the armenian family's storyline kinda annoys me but other than that yeah, it was pretty epic! :D can't believe they shot everything using iphones tho. i can't even tell the difference.

#168 HolyQueen

HolyQueen
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

Really enjoyed the new Star Wars with my family recently! Not a fan but I'm always here for female empowerment!

#169 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

I watched Gravity last night. I've been wanting to watch it for a long time but I couldn't find any decent version and I caught it on TV while zapping so I had to do it :p

What an amazing movie... 

#170 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:50 PM

I enjoyed Star Wars, the last movie I went to a theatre to watch, too. I'd been avoiding spoilers online and all, and had mainly been looking forward to it because of the good responses I heard from people who did watch, all of whom basically were urging people to go watch it if you haven't.

Anddd the movie did fulfill those expections too, interestingly enough. It wasn't particularly deep or so, but it was certainly a fun and really pleasant ride. Following that, I realised that I hadn't actually watched A New Hope yet, so I went to watch that online. That certainly was good.

#171 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:14 AM

I really liked Deadpool, and I have only one complaint, which will be located in the not so spoiling spoiler below.

Spoiler

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users