• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#101 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:28 AM

I agree and there are a few ppl on neo who are submitting these ideas and more via emails and neotimes submission so who knows we might get some of it.

#102 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:00 AM

Do you believe that? I mean, it would be a nice to see finally that we are being listened but I highly doubt that will happen. We don't communicate with the people that have the power to make such great decisions on the site (JS). The TNT nowadays seems to have no power (if they ever did), tightly tied to the fact they are so limited when it comes to resources. But I hope I'm wrong and TNT still have some room to move things as they see fit, and mostly I hope that some of these ideas see the light of day to start changing something to the better for all of us.

One other thing that sets off the suspicion alarm in me that TNT doesn't have that much power is, in fact, NT submissions. God knows how many times and how many shells I used to contact them asking when will we have the luck of seeing some parts of the site fixed (and I don't mean Keyquest because that was one of the things that might had lead to the cesspit neopets economy is in now), like World Challenges, those old avatar games that require flash or whatever to play and have been broken for years, Lenny Conundrum, IOM, amongst others - simple tasks that are forgotten and if fixed could make things a little better.

#103 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:16 PM

So...I knew the economy was bad...but when the heck did camouflage paint brushes inflate so much? You used to be able to buy one for 40k and now I'm seeing them go for 200k! What the heck happened. And when I say used to...I mean like this time last year.

#104 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:56 PM

So...I knew the economy was bad...but when the heck did camouflage paint brushes inflate so much? You used to be able to buy one for 40k and now I'm seeing them go for 200k! What the heck happened. And when I say used to...I mean like this time last year.

I believe Key quest and world challenge gave out this PB

with them both down, we can only depend on nerks and RE

that will slowly push prices up i guess

FL was a bad choice for avatar

the r101 are inflated and since you can already afford the expensive r101, sellers will price r99 higher

but having stamps avatar will push prices up and it is only part of the economy

#105 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:22 AM

R101 books and stamps are really starting to inflate a lot faster than before.

and

I would like to believe that they would at least read some of the info that is given to them and possibly might even put it to someone "hey thats a good idea" but like you say its a hard one to believe.

#106 Amadeus

Amadeus
  • 135 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:43 AM

Any R101+ is raising a lot lately, many people consider them the only worthy investment anymore. I wish they revamped the Faerieland Job Agency with a bigger pool of items to ask for and an avatar for something really high like 500 or 1000 jobs completed (while obviously getting rid of the limit of 5 jobs per day). If it works with the Kads then it should work there.

#107 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

u should submit that to NT thats a good idea and probably not to hard to put in place

#108 Gallismith

Gallismith
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:56 PM

I'm glad I saw this thread. I've been away from Neopets (besides daily bank and large game events) for awhile. After the Altador Cup, I went to clear out my safety deposit box and start selling away. Some items sold quickly and easily, others are collecting dust and that's even with reducing prices. I was starting to wonder if Neocodex's Item Database was out of date. But no, it sounds like it is just the Neo economy. Maybe I should just put what is left in my shop back in my safety deposit box and try again in the future.

#109 karlwithak

karlwithak
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

There just aren't enough active players anymore to create an economy since there is little to no demand for most items that currently exist.

#110 Sehunie

Sehunie
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:51 PM

There just aren't enough active players anymore to create an economy since there is little to no demand for most items that currently exist.

This. Everyone quits now..

I'm also left with the doubt of selling/keeping. What should we all do?

#111 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

This. Everyone quits now..

I'm also left with the doubt of selling/keeping. What should we all do?

Either we sell items at a loss or we keep them in the hope that people come back and lay on the site... However if even less people visit the site then the prices could deflate even more! :(

I think that getting KeyQuest back up might turn things back around for Neopets/TNT. :)

#112 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

I think you're seeing this the other way around. People started to quit when the economy became a shambles, TNT stopped caring about its players and whatnot.

I think that getting KeyQuest back up might turn things back around for Neopets/TNT. :)

I can't understand how that would work, being KQ and Habi the major NP/items generators Neopets ever had. If everyone gets things easy, why would they buy it?

#113 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

I honestly think JS should read this entire thread. They could pick some of ideas from it and actually do something good to Neopets and its players. For once.

Too bad they would probably never go to a cheating forum that's all about cheating on their own website. =/

Kind of a catch 22.

#114 Grumpy

Grumpy
  • 234 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

Too bad they would probably never go to a cheating forum that's all about cheating on their own website. =/

Kind of a catch 22.

To the contrary I have no doubt TNT staffers read all the cheating sites.  Or at least they used to when they had a larger staff who had shits left to give.

#115 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:08 AM

I think you're seeing this the other way around. People started to quit when the economy became a shambles, TNT stopped caring about its players and whatnot.

I can't understand how that would work, being KQ and Habi the major NP/items generators Neopets ever had. If everyone gets things easy, why would they buy it?

Because Keyquest would bring more people back to the site, then the players would be earning more NP and then buying more items.

More people buying = economy recovers.

#116 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

Because Keyquest would bring more people back to the site, then the players would be earning more NP and then buying more items.

More people buying = economy recovers.

But the economy was already bad even with KQ. Because the problem is not the lack of NP/items, it's exactly the opposite. We have too many dailies giving them out. KQ (just like Habitarium) was one of that NP/item generator that helped sink the economy. And that doesn't exactly change for better with more players.
TNT needs to remove some dailies or at least change what prizes are given out, because it's crazy that what had a price tag of 20M a couple of years ago, can now be achieved for 500K or free.
And if they decide to bring KQ back they should make some changes too, like stop giving PB and Codestones, especially now that we have a BD that gives them too.

#117 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

But the economy was already bad even with KQ. Because the problem is not the lack of NP/items, it's exactly the opposite. We have too many dailies giving them out. KQ (just like Habitarium) was one of that NP/item generator that helped sink the economy. And that doesn't exactly change for better with more players.
TNT needs to remove some dailies or at least change what prizes are given out, because it's crazy that what had a price tag of 20M a couple of years ago, can now be achieved for 500K or free.
And if they decide to bring KQ back they should make some changes too, like stop giving PB and Codestones, especially now that we have a BD that gives them too.

Out of interest, what items, in your opinion, have deflated the most over the past 2-3 years?

And yeah, with the recent mass freezing I think the playerbase will dwindle further :(

#118 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:28 PM

Out of interest, what items, in your opinion, have deflated the most over the past 2-3 years?

Not mentioning -but already doing it lol- the deflation of the neopoints value because of Habitarium (now aggravated by less players and the item price deflation as well: various PB, Codestones, Dubloons, Meepit, Draik/Krawk MP, Draik eggs, wearables.

The problem is we don't have enough black holes to sink these NP/items. Sure, we have Training Schools for Dubloons/Codestones, and I bet that's the only reason why most of them have +1k prices. Sure, we have Wheel of Extravagance, but it's not enough, and it would be probably more effective if it had a 50k cost. Sure, we have The Coincidence (that even raised some junk prices to make things a bit better in my opinion, because it's one more way to get NP flowing) but it's not enough. We need more places like these to sink NP but mostly items. That added to a few changes to the dailies' prizes pool and we might see some improvements. Of course, before that they need to find a way to bring back the most important thing of all: players.

#119 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:27 AM

like iv said give us some more stamp avis that would sink a load of nps very quickly.

#120 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:39 AM

like iv said give us some more stamp avis that would sink a load of nps very quickly.

Maybe it could work. But only for the NP, and we have a bigger problem related to items.
Besides, not every player is a stamp collector. I wonder: of all Neopians, which % does actually collects stamps.

#121 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:13 AM

I wonder: of all Neopians, which % does actually collects stamps.

That would be a hard one to calculate....

At a guess....

70%+ on the BD chat board does including lurkers

80%+ on the Avi chat board does including lurkers

50%+ on the TP chat board does including lurkers

As for the other boards and non chatter ppl id say you are looking at maybe 30%+.  The only thing hard to work out is how much of this % actually spend big on these collections.

So all in all its a large part of the site and can get rid of large amounts of nps very quickly.  As for items this is a much larger issue for tnt which tbh they have there head in the sand over this.  It did help when they had the donating event so who knows it might become an annual event.

Edited by Bones, 20 July 2015 - 03:14 AM.

#122 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Not mentioning -but already doing it lol- the deflation of the neopoints value because of Habitarium (now aggravated by less players and the item price deflation as well: various PB, Codestones, Dubloons, Meepit, Draik/Krawk MP, Draik eggs, wearables.

The problem is we don't have enough black holes to sink these NP/items. Sure, we have Training Schools for Dubloons/Codestones, and I bet that's the only reason why most of them have +1k prices. Sure, we have Wheel of Extravagance, but it's not enough, and it would be probably more effective if it had a 50k cost. Sure, we have The Coincidence (that even raised some junk prices to make things a bit better in my opinion, because it's one more way to get NP flowing) but it's not enough. We need more places like these to sink NP but mostly items. That added to a few changes to the dailies' prizes pool and we might see some improvements. Of course, before that they need to find a way to bring back the most important thing of all: players.

And by bringing features like Keyquest back then the players will return. :)

Yes, Keyquest gives out more items and more NPs, but without the NPs, people can't buy items. The new daily spinning thing has helped (whatever that is called) because it gives you NP every day, but somehow all the excess rubbish items need to be removed from the site. Perhaps something else that accepts dubloons as a payment, that way the price of dubloons will increase again.

#123 Blippety

Blippety
  • I Want to Lick Adam's Teeth

• 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

And by bringing features like Keyquest back then the players will return. :)

Yes, Keyquest gives out more items and more NPs, but without the NPs, people can't buy items. The new daily spinning thing has helped (whatever that is called) because it gives you NP every day, but somehow all the excess rubbish items need to be removed from the site. Perhaps something else that accepts dubloons as a payment, that way the price of dubloons will increase again.

There is that Smuggler's Cove thing for Dubloons... but I get the impression that's for those higher coins and also, it's one of those things you need to read guides, prepare and race other people for.

Perhaps if they implemented more interactive features that didn't require homework and super-fast internet, people would be more inclined to do these things.

I wonder though, now that they've got this wheel feeding points into the economy (why don't we just print more money?) and the prices of store-bought items going down due to the new shop restock system, would many people actually play Key Quest? Genuine question as I hated it, and got the biased impression that people only used it to make points.

#124 LoveAllTheTime

LoveAllTheTime
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

Random input on some item cost/value decrease:  I think for a lot of more popular items, paint brushes codestone dubloons etc things are out of whack following the conversion + forgotten shore.  Not really a secret with Forgotten Shore especially, but I feel like after taking a break shortly after it came out + seeing it now.. there's a huge trading gap between unconverted / converted pets now that unless you're willing to spend immense amounts of time training your pets to get insanely high BD scores you pretty much can't make the jump without a lot of luck + an unlimited custom + nice name.  It's a pain.  I think if Neo offered an option to unconvert a pet, like a paint brush, lab ray option, flat out button to unconvert etc it would level things out.  People would come back / play more and invest more time in things like books, stamps, etc instead of trying to spend 24/7 trading up.  I think a lot of things would relax and the conversion, while cool in it's own way, really screwed up the site in the long-run.  Or maybe I'm just sentimental. :p

#125 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 255 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:11 PM

I love how a lot of people on here who are giving suggestions are the ones that exploited the duping glitch...a glitch that fucked up the economy more than anything else ever did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users