Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something good that happened to you today.

happy shit

• Please log in to reply
2915 replies to this topic

#1826 Coops

Coops
  • šŸŒ§ļøšŸŒ©ļøšŸŒ§ļø

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:19 AM

I got blueberry cake donuts from Krispy Kreme today. We rarely get donuts, so it's really a treat when we do.

#1827 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:26 AM

Just tutored the kids of an acquaintance for the first time in English. Went pretty well. They seemed happy!

#1828 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:26 AM

Just tutored the kids of an acquaintance for the first time in English. Went pretty well. They seemed happy!

Omg. I read "just tortured the kids" and I was expecting a scenario where you told a bunch of kids a horror story and made everyone scream for their moms.

#1829 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:12 AM

Omg. I read "just tortured the kids" and I was expecting a scenario where you told a bunch of kids a horror story and made everyone scream for their moms.

Seems like a likely scenario for me imho. But no, today I was actually nice :p

#1830 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:27 PM

I've had chocolate, cuddles and hearthstone. Today's gonna be good :)

Pretty sure we're going to go see Hunger Games in theaters today (glad I've only been mildly spoiled)

On the topic of Neocodex, I've just got 1k posts, which is causing a bit of giddiness, even though I know it's a rather petty thing to care about. :rolleyes:

Funny to think I've been here nearly a year

#1831 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

Spoiler

#1832 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

I got flowers.

#1833 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:14 PM

I had the first of many family holiday parties tonight. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected and I enjoyed myself.

#1834 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:15 PM

I got flowers.

I want got flowers too... But my crush is an silly guy that don't gives me flowers, he gives me bad jokes. -3-

#1835 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:15 PM

I got double chocolate chip cookies! From my freezer, but still.

#1836 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:35 PM

I'm about to get all deep and personal and crap but I haven't really talked to my dad in 6 years, I see him occasionally but I don't even go to family functions anymore because of a really bad fall out and fight about me being too much like my mom (they're divorced) I also stopped all communication with his family too since they're all jugdemental a-holes but to get to the happy part, tomorrow is my little brother's birthday and today he had a little family gathering, where I took my two kids that my dad only knows about but never met, and my grandparents and aunt and dad were the happiest they've been in a long time, which in turn made me really happy

A little bit of effort goes a long way to repair broken relationships, and although I never wanted to be in that situation with all of them again, I have finally learned to let the past stay in the past, and starting to appreciate the family that I have, it could be a lot worse

#1837 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:44 PM

I'm about to get all deep and personal and crap but I haven't really talked to my dad in 6 years, I see him occasionally but I don't even go to family functions anymore because of a really bad fall out and fight about me being too much like my mom (they're divorced) I also stopped all communication with his family too since they're all jugdemental a-holes but to get to the happy part, tomorrow is my little brother's birthday and today he had a little family gathering, where I took my two kids that my dad only knows about but never met, and my grandparents and aunt and dad were the happiest they've been in a long time, which in turn made me really happy

A little bit of effort goes a long way to repair broken relationships, and although I never wanted to be in that situation with all of them again, I have finally learned to let the past stay in the past, and starting to appreciate the family that I have, it could be a lot worse

Wow... You're right, We should forget the past and look for the present. Your action of took your kids for your parents knows surely made everyone happy, that's really nice... I would rep your comment, but my rep count overextended today. But, you're an nice person. Open your eyes for the future and forget the past, surely you'll be more happy than today, I can guarantee that. I wish the better for you and your family now! :D  Your post made my day too, very thanks... I'm so happy about your action... Don't worry, I'm a weirdo.

#1838 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:48 PM

Good for you! That is awesome. Reminds me of the snow-shovel guy on Home Alone 1.

#1839 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:23 AM

Finally I'm at Gym, after 3 months just eating and earning weight. Now it's the time for body-building. ^_^

#1840 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:20 AM

In my last (normal) semester of undergrad, I got straight As for the first time in my academic career!

#1841 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:38 AM

After a bit of help from Google, used Mail Merge to do the envelopes for our work Christmas cards :D

And no handwriting involved.

#1842 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:40 AM

Spoiler

#1843 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:28 AM

My friend is coming back to AZ for Christmas break and we get to hang out today and tomorrow ^_^

#1844 bball4eva

bball4eva
  • 200 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:02 PM

As of today, I am officially 1/8 finished with medical school.

#1845 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

My friend is coming back to AZ for Christmas break and we get to hang out today and tomorrow ^_^

That's awesome! My friend doesn't get back til the 27th

As of today, I am officially 1/8 finished with medical school.

That's amazing! Congrats!

I knew something was going on tomorrow, but for the past few days, I couldn't remember what tomorrow was... I remembered! :D

#1846 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:27 PM

Realized how lucky I am to be alive in this century. 

#1847 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:53 PM

I got all of my chores done today AND realized I've been to Qdoba so much I had enough rewards for a free lunch #blessed

#1848 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:13 PM

I bought new running shoes. <3

#1849 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

I took today off as a vacation day since we're only allowed to carry 5 over to next year so long weekend for me =D Worked out, did some laundry and got to sleep in. If only all Mondays were this relaxing. 

#1850 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:21 PM

My mom called me this morning super excited because she had found some things from my grandma in the attic. I was expecting to see old ragged clothes or b&w pictures from the ol' days when life was simpler and 30 years old people were the "elders".

But it turns out she found her mom's cookbooks. Which, for us, it's a big thing, because my grandma used to cook and bake for weddings, christenings, and all sorts of events. She had the best recipes and SECRETS!

So, I'm making the cinnamon and lemon cookies she used to make for me and my brother when we used to stay with her on vacations when we were kids, and now I see the SECRET ingredient and I can almost hear a choir in my head. It all makes sense...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users