Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something good that happened to you today.

happy shit

• Please log in to reply
2915 replies to this topic

#176 Tsubaki

Tsubaki
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:50 AM

I almost quit smoking 

I have been smoke free for just over six months now after smoking for 10+ years of over a pack a day! YOU CAN DO IT!

Seriously, you only want to kill everyone for a week or so. Then you feel like crap for a month because your body relearns to live without them. I would get dizzy spells and points where i'd lose my appetite. That kinda sucked. After that its not bad at all. I only crave if someone is having a smoke around me, but recently the smell of smoke has been smelling worse and worse. It gets better! Don't give up!  Its worth it, I swear it is. You don't realize how crappy you feel all the time until you finally quit. You deserve to feel better! I hope you try to quit again!

To stay on topic, my boyfriend and I put the deposit down on our second dog today! So now we have a German Shepherd, Apollo, and will soon be bringing home a little girl that's half Siberian Husky and half Golden Retriever. I think we will name her Ekho. :)

Edited by Tsubaki, 21 May 2015 - 11:14 AM.

#177 kanade

kanade
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

I have been smoke free for just over six months now after smoking for 10+ years of over a pack a day! YOU CAN DO IT!

Seriously, you only want to kill everyone for a week or so. Then you feel like crap for a month because your body relearns to live without them. I would get dizzy spells and points where i'd lose my appetite. That kinda sucked. After that its not bad at all. I only crave if someone is having a smoke around me, but recently the smell of smoke has been smelling worse and worse. It gets better! Don't give up!  Its worth it, I swear it is. You don't realize how crappy you feel all the time until you finally quit. You deserve to feel better! I hope you try to quit again!

Here's the thing, I quit 5 years ago but this past year I started smoking once or twice a day, especially when I drink coffee or alcohol. I just want to quit already and stop missing it whenever I drink something or when I'm stressed. Your case sounds impressive though, I admire people like you :) Congrats!

Needless to say, I'm super jealous of your newest member of the family. 

#178 Tsubaki

Tsubaki
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

Here's the thing, I quit 5 years ago but this past year I started smoking once or twice a day, especially when I drink coffee or alcohol. I just want to quit already and stop missing it whenever I drink something or when I'm stressed. Your case sounds impressive though, I admire people like you :) Congrats!

Needless to say, I'm super jealous of your newest member of the family. 

That is really tough, dealing with those triggers. Ugh. That morning cup of coffee or right after dinner. If cold turkey isn't cutting it maybe make yourself buy brands that are nasty to you? Full flavor kind of person? Grab some menthols or vice versa. Might make you want one a little less? That or candy. Its amazing what a tootsie pop will do for you when you want to break someones neck if it meant you could have a smoke. XD Just hang in there! You made it before without them, you can do it again. You're tougher than some paper and a plant! :)

#179 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

This arrived :D

Spoiler

@Jess

#180 kanade

kanade
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

That is really tough, dealing with those triggers. Ugh. That morning cup of coffee or right after dinner. If cold turkey isn't cutting it maybe make yourself buy brands that are nasty to you? Full flavor kind of person? Grab some menthols or vice versa. Might make you want one a little less? That or candy. Its amazing what a tootsie pop will do for you when you want to break someones neck if it meant you could have a smoke. XD Just hang in there! You made it before without them, you can do it again. You're tougher than some paper and a plant! :)

Hey, if I stop eating & drinking I'll also stop craving it  :lol2:

Spoiler

@Jess

I just love Jess's handwriting

Edited by kanade, 21 May 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#181 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:07 PM

The Mets won

#182 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

Spoiler

@Jess

Whoa that got there fast

Hey, if I start eating & drinking I'll also stop craving it  :lol2:

I just love Jess's handwriting

Thank you!

#183 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

Whoa that got there fast

Not sure if sarcasm because our mail service is shit lol

#184 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

The Mets won

deGrom got me a much needed win today on fantasy! Woot woot!

#185 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

deGrom got me a much needed win today on fantasy! Woot woot!

8 innings 1 hit 11 k's against the best team in the NL he killed it

#186 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

8 innings 1 hit 11 k's against the best team in the NL he killed it

i am happy he is finally getting his groove back and last year wasnt beginners luck. Lets get real tho the cubs are better than the cards.

#187 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

Not sure if sarcasm because our mail service is shit lol

No I was serious cause the amount you bitch about your mail service I expected it to be like 6 months or something.

#188 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

No I was serious cause the amount you bitch about your mail service I expected it to be like 6 months or something.

Hahahaha yeah, I thought it would take that long too. I guess it's just when it goes to Customs.

#189 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:26 PM

I like how @Jess wrote the same thing in all our cards

#190 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

I like how @Jess wrote the same thing in all our cards

I'M REALLY TRYING TO AVOID CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR.

At least I'm not muttering the name of that guy in a gimp suit three times in a mirror or something weird.

#191 Savasana

Savasana
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

I AM SUPER CLOSE TO STARTING MY THREE DAY WEEKEND. Woo!

#192 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:24 AM

@DonValentino @Gnome

You two are tainting this wonderful thread with stats about the world's most boring sport

ANYWAYS I'm going to a party in the woods tonight with my oldest friends. I might get murdered in the middle of the night but I'll die drunk and happy.

#193 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

My newest pipe arrived in the mail today! ^_^

Spoiler

Wasn't expecting it for another week. Pleasant surprise.

#194 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:33 PM

I grilled some pork and brats, then made garlic mashed potatoes, and sat outside on the deck with my room mate eating and drank beer. Today is awesome.

#195 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

There were treatment directions that werent clear in my horse's chart. I took care of it the best way I could and emailed the professor later to make sure I didn't screw up. He said I did a great job, my reasoning was on point, and to keep up the good work. :)

#196 idkidkidkidkidk

idkidkidkidkidk
  • 66 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

Today is my last payment towards a personal loan that someone gave me to pay off a great car, yay for money back in my pocket again! :yahoo:

#197 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:50 PM

I aced the first midterm of this awful summer semester I'm taking. It's a horribly boring and difficult law course (Legal Research - learning to look up and cite cases and legislation). Very pleased to say that I got an A.  :D

#198 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:52 PM

I have the house to myself all week. I get to walk around nakey! I've already done it 2-3 times. 

#199 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:44 PM

I get to have steak today!

#200 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:15 PM

I listened to @Cyo singing Shake It Off, by Taylow Swift. Beautiful.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users