Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something good that happened to you today.

happy shit

• Please log in to reply
2915 replies to this topic

#2351 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:48 AM

Doing a session of DUI (Drawing Under Influence)

(Influence of light and music ;p)

So much fun, so inspiring!

#2352 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:05 PM

So we went to the hospital. Well, it's not exactly a hospital, more of a public clinic, I guess. First of all, I got really lucky with the group I'm in and the place I'm in. Second, the doctor we got is super nice too, he lets us help and after every patient he would discuss the case with us, ask our opinion and stuff. We got to see quite a few cases, but this was an unusually slow day.

It was nice to chat with the patients, even if it was just chit-chat. Like this old guy, he was telling me about a surgery he did not long ago on his back to remove something (he said it was meat, so I don't know exactly what it was), and seconds after the doctor started cutting him, the anesthesia worn off. He could feel the sacado cutting his back, and after he told the doctor, she said she was going to do or anyway. He felt all of it, holy crap!

I'm so happy. This is what I want, for sure.

#2353 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:48 AM

First part of physical exams done. Now I start to feel the excitement about it. So fucking happy to be back-ish :D

#2354 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

Lost 15 pounds and counting. I'm working out every day (7 days a week) and I'm feeling fantastic.

#2355 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

Lady at a shop told me my hair was pretty. I'm weird about my hair because I have mild trich so it made me happy. 

#2356 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:52 AM

I'm having the best weekend. I'm so happy.

#2357 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:39 AM

I just had one of the best cups of coffee ever and the best part is I made it myself!

Bought green beans, roasted them for 4 minutes, manually ground them then added hot water for 3 minutes. 

#2358 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:30 AM

So, this really scary/good thing happened. But I don't feel like going into a long spiel... sooooo

tl;dr

I can now attend college and graduate, as I had hoped, but I'm really scared there are strings attached because the money is coming by way of my abusive father who beat me and made me hate myself. So I'm really nervous about accepting any sort of help. But also like goddamnit, I have never wanted anything so badly in my life and fuck, I will do anything to graduate so I can do my dream job.

#2359 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:51 AM

So, this really scary/good thing happened. But I don't feel like going into a long spiel... sooooo

tl;dr

I can now attend college and graduate, as I had hoped, but I'm really scared there are strings attached because the money is coming by way of my abusive father who beat me and made me hate myself. So I'm really nervous about accepting any sort of help. But also like goddamnit, I have never wanted anything so badly in my life and fuck, I will do anything to graduate so I can do my dream job.

Take his money, get your dream job and then cut him off. Consider the money as compensation for the abuse, you'll owe him nothing.

#2360 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:30 AM

Take his money, get your dream job and then cut him off. Consider the money as compensation for the abuse, you'll owe him nothing.

This!!! @Coops !!! Family is 2 things

The people you love dearest, usually spouse and kids and close relatives/besties etc

The main thing though is Family is basically a bunch of random strangers who'm you know before anyone else. There is no difference at all between accepting candy from a man in the van with bad intentions and doing the same from your father in a van with the same intentions. 

:3 The help ur father is offering will help you not only get through your graduation etc, but will boost your self esteem etc and hopefully bring you to a point at the end where you can decidedly end up making a choice. 

If I had the option, I'd probably cut off my step father. But thankfully over time I've come to realize a couple of days every few months seeing him like an acquaintance is about the best thing I probably could have done.

On an on topic sorta note, I guess we finished on time at work for the first time in 7 weeks... so thats good xD

#2361 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:36 AM

Totally!!

#2362 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

This sums up what my closest, most dearest friend told me. She's been there for me the entire time -- even when I was still living with my dad. So, she's pretty familiar with the shit he did to me. I cut him and his relatives from my life in the summer of 2014. My mom is the one who kind of made this happen... so I'm not even going to have to talk to my dad or anything. I'm just worried they will try to guilt me later on or hold it over me, but my friend convinced me I can deal with the consequences of that later and I just should relish the fact that I can now actually finish my degree, because goddammit, I've been through so much to get here.  

This!!! @Coops !!! Family is 2 things

The people you love dearest, usually spouse and kids and close relatives/besties etc

The main thing though is Family is basically a bunch of random strangers who'm you know before anyone else. There is no difference at all between accepting candy from a man in the van with bad intentions and doing the same from your father in a van with the same intentions. 

:3 The help ur father is offering will help you not only get through your graduation etc, but will boost your self esteem etc and hopefully bring you to a point at the end where you can decidedly end up making a choice. 

If I had the option, I'd probably cut off my step father. But thankfully over time I've come to realize a couple of days every few months seeing him like an acquaintance is about the best thing I probably could have done.

On an on topic sorta note, I guess we finished on time at work for the first time in 7 weeks... so thats good xD

Oh I know. Family is what you make it. I only talk to two of my immediate family members regularly. I don't even really talk to my mom. Except every few months. lol. My family are the friends who have been there for me through it all, and of course, my husband. 

#2363 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:47 AM

This sums up what my closest, most dearest friend told me. She's been there for me the entire time -- even when I was still living with my dad. So, she's pretty familiar with the shit he did to me. I cut him and his relatives from my life in the summer of 2014. My mom is the one who kind of made this happen... so I'm not even going to have to talk to my dad or anything. I'm just worried they will try to guilt me later on or hold it over me, but my friend convinced me I can deal with the consequences of that later and I just should relish the fact that I can now actually finish my degree, because goddammit, I've been through so much to get here.  

Oh I know. Family is what you make it. I only talk to two of my immediate family members regularly. I don't even really talk to my mom. Except every few months. lol. My family are the friends who have been there for me through it all, and of course, my husband. 

Yesssss. 

My Mum comes around our place to steal our wifi and relax on some saturdays. My younger brother Aidan comes with and its usually a nice time. The only times I really see my step father is the rare occasions he's at home when we're visiting or I see him in his taxi or randomly down town.  Just the way I like it. 

But if you do end up with a guilt trip at the end, just wipe your hands with them until they either see the error of their ways or just stay the way they are. 

We're currently dealing with my Wifes younger brother. He's spent a year secretly in communication with his biological family even though they're not meant to talk to him etc, and he's planned to get kicked outta school, be a prick and run off from his place and go live with the same people who ruined his life the first time around. LOL, a 16 year old that can't even keep a VOLUNTEER job because he's been said to be, and I QUOTE "a young, childish arrogant prick of a kid who can't stop arguing about every single thing I told him to do" 

My boss said to his mother "we will never employ your son due to" (previous quote)

We're all just let him go and can't be bothered. So unless he comes running back, which if he does he'll get a big wakeup call, we're mostly not worried. 

It was the same with my Dad when my parents split. I sorta didn't wanna deal and just let it all go. A lot of the time not caring about the issue and the other is so much easier than doing so. Plus you get so much extra caring to care for yourself too xD

#2364 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:53 AM

She sounds wise, I think you should take your opportunity since it sounds like something you really want to do. When I used to live in Farthing Wood I became well respected for my opinions.

#2365 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:06 PM

She sounds wise, I think you should take your opportunity since it sounds like something you really want to do. When I used to live in Farthing Wood I became well respected for my opinions.

Yeah. She is pretty great. <3 I definitely will. Nervous but it's a great opportunity. I'm not gonna waste it.

#2366 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

I've got an interviewer with the state :D it pays more and is exactly what I do now. Crossing my fingers

#2367 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:23 PM

Had a good day overall. There was one thing that was bad but it's unavoidable where I live. Can't let it ruin my day though.

#2368 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:23 AM

Been really bonding with my roommate lately.
Having some good times with lots more ahead of us.

Not only has he got me hooked on some really awesome shows (Sons of Anarchy), music (Kottonmouth Kings), and such but has also been a fountain of knowledge and wisdom.
His help and guidance, patience and understanding has literally saved my life and sanity on more than one occasion.
Love that guy so much. :)

Spoiler

#2369 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:44 AM

I've got an interviewer with the state :D it pays more and is exactly what I do now. Crossing my fingers

That's fantastic @Rocket! You're gonna nail it. 

I am almost finished my internship application. I feel really good about it. But even if I don't get it, I'm just proud of myself for applying for it. 

#2370 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

I am happy to say that I have successfully fulfilled my picture quota for my project while I was at the zoo. The family member who doubted me can suck it!

#2371 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:49 PM

It was 19 degrees outside today! So warm enough to be outside without a jacket.

That's 66 in "freedom units" as @Jess would call it.

#2372 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:07 PM

The missus FINALLY got paid/back-payed her maternity leave salary.

$_$

#2373 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:15 AM

time to go baby clothes shopping :D

#2374 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:27 AM

It hasn't happened yet. But in roughly half an hour, I'm gonna go pick up lunch from Viking Burger. It's going to be the most delicious meal. 

Oh and the husband returns Monday!  :wub:

#2375 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

holy fuck!

My Aunt and Uncle may be offering me a job... I've been waiting for this opportunity for 5 years now... I just got a call that they need someone within the next month to start and I actually know how to do what they need (not my main job focus, but I am qualified). 

The best part is, they'll be paying 5-7k more a year than what I make now, I'll hear more next week but they need someone by the end of the month.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users