Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#376 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

Someone deleted my comment :(

#377 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:10 AM

dad dragged me this morning to visit his friend who got a mild stroke at the hospital. besides us, there were a few of my dad's friends visiting that poor guy. during the visit, i had to endure 1 hour of every single one of his friends talking about their various diseases. i was like, "god, just kill me now". :/

also yesterday mom told me about our neighbour living 3 houses away... their family has a boy who was hit pretty hard on the head in kindergarten by a bully. due to brain damage, he can act violently on the spur of the moment to anyone, including his family members. the parents refused to put him in mental institution (because of "love" or some shit like that) and as a result, they become a reclusive family. I FEAR THAT THE KID WILL BREAK OUT OF THE HOUSE AND HARM ME. :crybaby:

Someone deleted my comment :(

what comment?

edit: nevermind, just read padme's status update. :p

#378 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:42 AM

On the plus side, the insane nausea I've been feeling isn't a manifestation of my eating issue. On the negative side, I got a stomach virus from this guy I'm seeing and he didn't fucking tell me he was sick before making out with me. The hell, man? Thought you were cool.

#379 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:21 AM

Update on the car accident: finally found a news report. Seems all is well with the driver. The car on the other hand...

De_automobilist_raakte_wonder_boven_wond

Good thing they make 'm sturdy. That guy was lucky as hell.

Also, I can't see any blood. May have mistakenly seen it, or it might not be visible due to the lighting. But I'd prefer to be wrong and that there wasn't any blood, that would be a lot nicer for the driver :p

[New post]

While assembling a bridge, two building cranes collapsed onto several houses in the Netherlands :/

I'm glad to say I don't have any relatives in that town, but my heart goes out to the victims. So far, nobody has died, but it's still unclear how many are still trapped under the rubble. For the few Dutchies here in this forum, I hope you and relatives are safe.

#380 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:52 PM

Changed my own bandages tonight. Almost barfed. I normally don't have a problem with wounds but when you have a hole in yourself it's gross.

#381 poofka

poofka
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

I went out to a club with a friend. Next thing I know I am waking up in a hospital. I have no idea what happened. 

#382 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

today i was buying and had some troubles with my bank (the market rejected my check) and had to pay like 200 USD in cash :( 

#383 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:19 PM

told a friend I wouldn't be able to make our appointment because my dad might need surgery that day, friend stops replying immediately after. So much for being friends.

#384 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:00 AM

On the plus side, the insane nausea I've been feeling isn't a manifestation of my eating issue. On the negative side, I got a stomach virus from this guy I'm seeing and he didn't fucking tell me he was sick before making out with me. The hell, man? Thought you were cool.

That's just rude. Jesus. >.<

#385 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:03 AM

I've eaten so much garlic I can smell garlic on myself.

I just pulled 43 deer ticks off myself wtf

#386 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:35 PM

I've eaten so much garlic I can smell garlic on myself.

I just pulled 43 deer ticks off myself wtf

It's just coming out of your pores, eh. You'd think that'd scare the ticks off...

#387 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:39 PM

The house phones are dead, so we can't receive any calls.  We suspect that it was because the cleaning ladies knocked something out of place.

#388 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:17 PM

Student Loans. 

#389 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:37 PM

I can feel a cold coming on. Bleh. 

#390 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

I can feel a cold coming on. Bleh. 

Tea! Spicy stuff! Lemon water! Echinacea!!

#391 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:54 PM

I have a pissed off cat and a sick cat and someone took a shit in the kitchen. I'm guessing the shitter starts with an F and ends with a rodo -_-

#392 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:56 AM

It's just coming out of your pores, eh. You'd think that'd scare the ticks off...

Yeah, I thought it would too. I ended up with 64 total yesterday. I WAS EVEN WEARING DEET WTF

#393 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:27 AM

Not very bad, just really cringeworthy.

I caught up with some old friends and they brought someone along I knew, but not too well. We discussed sexuality and it was mentioned that I'm bi. A very very interesting conversation followed.

New guy: "Wow, you're bi? But you're married to a guy?"

Me: "Yeah, well, that's kind of the deal with bisexuality, you like both genders :')"

New guy: "So you've had girlfriends before?"

Me: "I haven't."

New guy: "So how do you know you're bi then?"

Me: "Because I had sex with girls."

New guy: "Yeah... but you didn't have a relationship, so you're not really bi"

Me: "Ah... so if you have buttsex with a guy, but don't have a relationship with him, you're not gay?"

New guy: "That's... different..."

Me: "How?"

New guy: "I mean come on, all girls experiment! So why haven't you had a girlfriend then? Couldn't find the one?"

Me: "Nah, that wasn't it. I think girls are hot but I can't stand the drama, so I would never want to be in a relationship with a girl."

New guy: "So... not really bi?"

misc-jackie-chan.jpg

Me: "Listen kid, I just don't like dating girls. There are plenty of guys who f,ck around but don't want a girlfriend."

He dropped the subject. Such a thick skull ;__;

#394 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:21 AM

The house phones are dead, so we can't receive any calls.  We suspect that it was because the cleaning ladies knocked something out of place.

First worldiest of first world problems.

#395 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:52 AM

My grandmother has been sick for ages, but it seems to be getting worse. She had already been admitted to the hospital on Friday night, and now has to go in again. 

I'm scared.

#396 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:07 AM

Me: "Listen kid, I just don't like dating girls. There are plenty of guys who f,ck around but don't want a girlfriend."

He dropped the subject. Such a thick skull ;__;

Sounds like this dude doesn't know what the Kinsey scale is.... 

My grandmother has been sick for ages, but it seems to be getting worse. She had already been admitted to the hospital on Friday night, and now has to go in again. 

I'm scared.

I'll light a candle at the Cathedral and pray for your Grandmother. Lots of light and love to you and your family. :( <3

#397 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:58 AM

@Jess have you ever been tested for Lyme disease?

#398 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:20 AM

@Jess have you ever been tested for Lyme disease?

No, my mom wanted me to a couple weeks ago (I got a classic bulls eye bite on my thigh) but the testing for it is notoriously inaccurate and i honestly can't afford to pay for that kind of uncertainty. I think I'll have to soon though, cause 61/64 that I got yesterday were those tiny fucking deer ticks that spread Lyme. It would explain a lot though lol

#399 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:32 AM

No, my mom wanted me to a couple weeks ago (I got a classic bulls eye bite on my thigh) but the testing for it is notoriously inaccurate and i honestly can't afford to pay for that kind of uncertainty. I think I'll have to soon though, cause 61/64 that I got yesterday were those tiny fucking deer ticks that spread Lyme. It would explain a lot though lol

Yeah, I've said this before about other things, but if you've had it for a while, it could definitely explain some of the symptoms you've described having. The recent bite and ridiculous number of ticks you pulled off yesterday are obviously also pretty concerning. Unfortunately, Lyme disease is another one of those things that many doctors don't seem to take very seriously, probably because the symptoms are all over the place and it's so tricky to diagnose. When my grandma moved to FL, she was discussing some medical issue with one of her doctors, and she mentioned she thought it could be related to her Lyme disease. The doctor's response was something like, "No, we don't have Lyme disease in Florida."  O_o

#400 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

Yeah, I've said this before about other things, but if you've had it for a while, it could definitely explain some of the symptoms you've described having. The recent bite and ridiculous number of ticks you pulled off yesterday are obviously also pretty concerning. Unfortunately, Lyme disease is another one of those things that many doctors don't seem to take very seriously, probably because the symptoms are all over the place and it's so tricky to diagnose. When my grandma moved to FL, she was discussing some medical issue with one of her doctors, and she mentioned she thought it could be related to her Lyme disease. The doctor's response was something like, "No, we don't have Lyme disease in Florida." O_o

I can't even get my doctors to take my wheat issue seriously, I can't imagine trying to convince them to take Lyme disease seriously. I read an article last month about how skewed the Lyme stats are, they don't count it in Florida, or if you have Lyme plus certain other diseases. It's all messed up.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users