Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#1126 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

This constant nausea isn't funny. :/

#1127 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:54 PM

Have to take an online course for my boss, because he doesn't have the time to take it, by the end of the year :/

#1128 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:06 PM

This constant nausea isn't funny. :/

Are you pregnant?

#1129 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:38 PM

I want to eat, but my diet don't allows! ;---;

#1130 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:24 PM

Woke up today with a sore throat and now my nose has been stuffy for most of the rest of the day. Blegh. I think I'm getting sick :S

#1131 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:42 AM

Was supposed to go shopping with some friends today. One of them was going to call me at 9 am to make sure I'm up. Didn't get the call because terrible reception in my room. Slept through my alarms and woke up at a 11. Missed shopping. Grumble. 

#1132 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:49 AM

I've gotten maybe 7 hours of sleep total over the past 3 nights. Last night I took a sleepy pill to see if it would help, and nope maybe 2 hours max spread out.

I'm getting really frustrated and on edge, I haven't had problems with insomnia in a while.

#1133 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:01 AM

Are you pregnant?

According to all symptoms, yes. But it wouldn't be the first time my body plays tricks on me.

#1134 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:06 AM

Yesterday was my graduation. I'm gonna miss college a lot. I think I'll be back in 2 years to start a new career.

#1135 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:29 PM

I have mixed feelings. A friend with the same condition, who underwent the same surgery (without the neck stuff), told me I need to get my ass to the ER. But it doesn't feel like an emergency and I can't afford another bill.  My recovery has been good mostly. But now I am losing the ability to look down and there is a lump in my incision, I don't know what to do. I have no primary care anymore because I had to change my insurance just to get this damn surgery. 

#1136 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:31 PM

I have mixed feelings. A friend with the same condition, who underwent the same surgery (without the neck stuff), told me I need to get my ass to the ER. But it doesn't feel like an emergency and I can't afford another bill.  My recovery has been good mostly. But now I am losing the ability to look down and there is a lump in my incision, I don't know what to do. I have no primary care anymore because I had to change my insurance just to get this damn surgery. 

Codex has made me so damn glad for the NHS. :(

#1137 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:36 PM

Codex has made me so damn glad for the NHS. :(

@Ali I am jealous of single-payer systems. But people like me, even in places like the UK and Canada, are under-treated, under-managed and dismissed just as much as people in the US. It's just an issue related to having rarely diagnosed disorders, which doctors do not have the information, skill or means to understand yet. It can take just as long, sometimes longer, for those in the UK to be diagnosed with my conditions (Chiari malformation, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome hypermobility type, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) and other systemic issues caused by my disorders. 

It's sad because I have probably some of the best available insurance. And it still sucks balls. My co-pays are low and if I got to a MTF (military-treatment facility) it's free. But again, I'm forced to face poorly educated doctors who are overworked, underpaid and mistreated by a poorly constructed system. And it's especially bad because I am young and a woman. People don't believe young people can be so sick, for some odd reason. It doesn't help that my disorders are so damn misunderstood and are held back by outdated diagnostic protocols. I'm just fucked no matter what. And I don't know how to deal with it.

#1138 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:53 PM

@Ali I am jealous of single-payer systems. But people like me, even in places like the UK and Canada, are under-treated, under-managed and dismissed just as much as people in the US. It's just an issue related to having rarely diagnosed disorders, which doctors do not have the information, skill or means to understand yet. It can take just as long, sometimes longer, for those in the UK to be diagnosed with my conditions (Chiari malformation, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome hypermobility type, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) and other systemic issues caused by my disorders. 

It's sad because I have probably some of the best available insurance. And it still sucks balls. My co-pays are low and if I got to a MTF (military-treatment facility) it's free. But again, I'm forced to face poorly educated doctors who are overworked, underpaid and mistreated by a poorly constructed system. And it's especially bad because I am young and a woman. People don't believe young people can be so sick, for some odd reason. It doesn't help that my disorders are so damn misunderstood and are held back by outdated diagnostic protocols. I'm just fucked no matter what. And I don't know how to deal with it.

Oh for sure @Coops, there are masses of problems with the NHS for diagnosis and treatment times and the pay/workload of junior doctors is a big issue of contention right now (proposed strikes etc). And yes, similarly, serious illness in the young goes unchecked because it "can't be" that. I have private medical which I use whenever I actually need something done which is amazing and has meant I've had physio, therapy, some fertility stuff, all sorted within a week of requesting appointments, where as I'd still be waiting in some cases on the NHS.

The idea of having to consider whether I could afford to go to the hospital is utterly terrifying. I'd be dead by now. Wonderful for peace of mind as well, in that if you're at all worried about anything, you can make a GP appointment without having to factor in cost. I love it.

#1139 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

Oh for sure @Coops, there are masses of problems with the NHS for diagnosis and treatment times and the pay/workload of junior doctors is a big issue of contention right now (proposed strikes etc). And yes, similarly, serious illness in the young goes unchecked because it "can't be" that. I have private medical which I use whenever I actually need something done which is amazing and has meant I've had physio, therapy, some fertility stuff, all sorted within a week of requesting appointments, where as I'd still be waiting in some cases on the NHS.

The idea of having to consider whether I could afford to go to the hospital is utterly terrifying. I'd be dead by now. Wonderful for peace of mind as well, in that if you're at all worried about anything, you can make a GP appointment without having to factor in cost. I love it.

Yeah. There is no perfect system, to be sure, @Ali.

It's good you have that security. It's 2015, and I live in a nation with the technological and economic ability to provide me with the basic human need for physical security, and yet.. I worry every single day about being able to afford to go to the doctor, whether that doctor will treat me humanely and with the respect I deserve. The worst part is I know it's a culmination of social factors at play. That even if I did live in a nation with single-payer, I'd still face so many challenges because of the nature of my chronic illnesses. It's also shitty, because, emotionally and intellectually I'm put together and capable. But the fact that I have to worry every single damn day about whether I'll wake up or not, I can't move forward in life. If I had good healthcare, that'd change a bit. It would be easier, not to have to worry about the financials of surviving. You know? And now I just feel like I'm complaining. :/

#1140 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:13 PM

Feeling worse today... blegh. Being sick sucks :S At least it isn't anything too serious

#1141 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:40 PM

Six bananas, a strip of bacon and a liter of sparkling water. That's all I could eat today. If this turns out to be just the stress of the holidays, considering the hell I'll have to endure next week, I'll probably starve. A tiny piece of bacon?? I need a whole pig everyday!

#1142 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:05 PM

Probably shouldn't eat that many bananas. My mate did that and almost died through potassium poisoning.

#1143 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:16 PM

I stubbed my toe real bad on my coffee table, stepped on a lego and on top of that, I've been really sick for 5 days woohoo!!!  :sarcasm_ha:

I'm sorry you're a cripple now. :(

Been having the sniffles all day from my allergies, been going though tissues like crazy.

Edited by Honchkrow, 16 December 2015 - 07:18 PM.

#1144 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:22 PM

According to all symptoms, yes. But it wouldn't be the first time my body plays tricks on me.

I know that feeling, imagine the feeling when you go to the doctor looking 5 months pregnant and have all the symptoms to pee on a stick for them and it say negative  :(

Not that I want to be but ugh, womens bodies are ridiculous

#1145 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:23 PM

If I die, at least I'll have the best epitaph in the cemetery.

#1146 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:23 PM

I'm sorry you're a cripple now. :(

Been having the sniffles all day from my allergies, been going though tissues like crazy.

Allergies are no fun! I'm okay though, hurt like a mofo though

#1147 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

womens bodies are ridiculous

Except boobs. Boobs are the best.

#1148 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts