Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#1176 Thepeopleschampion

Thepeopleschampion
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:53 PM

I woke up and realised i still live in egypt and have to worry about exams :/

#1177 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:59 PM

Are you saying 5am isn't a perfectly cromulent time to wake up?

(And yeah, that is the plan. :p As you're well aware...)

It certainly embiggens my hatred for society in my case. I am not a morning person and hate getting that early.

#1178 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

The new green nail polish I bought takes 4+ coats to show much color :(

#1179 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:09 PM

"Here lies Athayde.
She wasn't strong enough to win her last battle, but she went down kicking.
Killed by 6 bananas."

#1180 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:11 PM

"Here lies Athayde.
She wasn't strong enough to win her last battle, but she went down kicking.
Killed by 6 bananas."

Athayde!!!! I totally didn't realise this was you. Bloody name changes. I can never keep up.

#1181 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

:( poor @Ali. Did you, like @Jess, think I was someone else? On a scale of 1 to all-christmas-songs how obnoxious you thought I was? Lol

#1182 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

:( poor @Ali. Did you, like @Jess, think I was someone else? On a scale of 1 to all-christmas-songs how obnoxious you thought I was? Lol

I just presumed you were someone who had snuck into activity without me noticing because of how I haven't been posting that much! Aww, you know I block the ones I find obnoxious. <3 You and I are linked through super-love of The National so you're forever safe.

#1183 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

I just presumed you were someone who had snuck into activity without me noticing because of how I haven't been posting that much! Aww, you know I block the ones I find obnoxious. <3 You and I are linked through super-love of The National so you're forever safe.

Care to guess who's going to see them next July? :wub:

#1184 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:03 PM

Care to guess who's going to see them next July? :wub:

Have you listened to Matt's side project El Vy yet?

#1185 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:05 PM

Have you listened to Matt's side project El Vy yet?

Uh. Nope. Shame, I didn't even know about it... But I most definitely will.

#1186 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

My back hurts from cleaning the apartment. And I didn't even get halfway through with it.

#1187 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

I won't be making it to work.

Flooded street + Parking Area.

Flat Tire.

tumblr_nzj4h3hp561qdgvq7o1_500.jpg

Video Link of Flooding.

http://t3hkidd.tumbl...to-work-tonight

@Rocket

Hope you aren't having the same troubles as I am.

#1188 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

Been sleeping terribly. 

And packing sucks. 

#1189 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:49 PM

I realize this next 'something bad that happened' may be controversial.

A very close family member of mine, who believes in abortion, argued with me that circumcising her son is her choice, and not her sons for when he gets older. How fucking hypocritical can you be?! You don't want the 'man' telling you what to do with your uterus, so why do you think taking a choice away from your son pertaining to his genitals is any fucking different?  Now do I understand that circumcision may have to be done for medical reasons? Yes. But is mutilating his genitals based on, "Well it was done to me (as a father), so I figured I'd do it to my son." or "Well my doctor said it's the best thing for my son because of hygiene issues." Well why doesn't your nasty little ass learn to be more hygienic. There's also religious reasons, but that's a whole different pot of stupidity, which I don't feel like touching on. The argument that I absolutely LOATHE is, "It's done in Africa to try and restrict the spread of HIV/AIDS." That's great and all, but I'm pretty sure here in the good ole U.S we have much much better health care (even though it's insanely costly), and access to resources that can help us be clean, and practice safe sex. Educating your little bastards about safe sex can save a lot of unnecessary circumcision practices, and lot of physical/emotional distress. Another close female family member said that an uncircumcised penis is disgusting looking, and if she had a son she'd get him circumcised because foreskin is "disgusting". So I told her that giant floppy labia lips are disgusting and they should be chopped off (which I was totally kidding, and only trying to make a point)...and she got all pissed off at me. Why is your preference more important than my (pseudo) preference? The fact that female circumcision of a minor is illegal in the US, but male circumcision isn't is insanely sexist.

To you people that may want children some day: Don't circumcise your son, or daughter(which is illegal as fuck anyway). It's a choice they can make by themselves when they're of age. Educate your children about proper hygiene, and safe sex instead.

Source: A very passionate circumcision victim.

I feel like this should have been posted in one of the other various different topics, but fuck it.

#1190 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:25 PM

Another close female family member said that an uncircumcised penis is disgusting looking

because dicks are beautiful lol

#1191 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:26 PM

because dicks are beautiful lol

Preference shouldn't outweigh human rights.

#1192 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:28 PM

Preference shouldn't outweigh human rights.

I agree with what you said, I'm saying that that's a really bad argument, because dicks aren't beautiful even if they're circumcised :p

#1193 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:31 PM

I agree with what you said, I'm saying that that's a really bad argument, because dicks aren't beautiful even if they're circumcised :p

Yeah really lol. The shit these morons come up with as excuses...

#1194 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:52 PM

I realize this next 'something bad that happened' may be controversial.

A very close family member of mine, who believes in abortion, argued with me that circumcising her son is her choice, and not her sons for when he gets older. How fucking hypocritical can you be?! You don't want the 'man' telling you what to do with your uterus, so why do you think taking a choice away from your son pertaining to his genitals is any fucking different?  Now do I understand that circumcision may have to be done for medical reasons? Yes. But is mutilating his genitals based on, "Well it was done to me (as a father), so I figured I'd do it to my son." or "Well my doctor said it's the best thing for my son because of hygiene issues." Well why doesn't your nasty little ass learn to be more hygienic. There's also religious reasons, but that's a whole different pot of stupidity, which I don't feel like touching on. The argument that I absolutely LOATHE is, "It's done in Africa to try and restrict the spread of HIV/AIDS." That's great and all, but I'm pretty sure here in the good ole U.S we have much much better health care (even though it's insanely costly), and access to resources that can help us be clean, and practice safe sex. Educating your little bastards about safe sex can save a lot of unnecessary circumcision practices, and lot of physical/emotional distress. Another close female family member said that an uncircumcised penis is disgusting looking, and if she had a son she'd get him circumcised because foreskin is "disgusting". So I told her that giant floppy labia lips are disgusting and they should be chopped off (which I was totally kidding, and only trying to make a point)...and she got all pissed off at me. Why is your preference more important than my (pseudo) preference? The fact that female circumcision of a minor is illegal in the US, but male circumcision isn't is insanely sexist.

To you people that may want children some day: Don't circumcise your son, or daughter(which is illegal as fuck anyway). It's a choice they can make by themselves when they're of age. Educate your children about proper hygiene, and safe sex instead.

Source: A very passionate circumcision victim.

I feel like this should have been posted in one of the other various different topics, but fuck it.

As a future doctor I recommend it to people just because of the decreased cancer risk. But it is one of those things that is totally ok either way in my mind. Ya, I have seen foreskin adhesion quite a few times while seeing patients, but if the parents/kid are careful about hygiene and regularly pulling back the foreskin it shouldn't even ever be a problem. Again, my thing is just the penile cancer. 

That is, however, extraordinarily hypocritical of your friend. 

EDIT: I say ok either way, because it isn't like vaccinations, where by being unvaccinated you are putting a whole subset of the population at risk. Just have to be more careful around zippers and stuff.

Edited by Kaddict, 17 December 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#1195 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

I won't be making it to work.
Flooded street + Parking Area.

Flat Tire.

tumblr_nzj4h3hp561qdgvq7o1_500.jpg

Video Link of Flooding.
http://t3hkidd.tumbl...to-work-tonight

@Rocket
Hope you aren't having the same troubles as I am.

Sorry bout the flat. My tires are OK, although there is now a lake in my parking lot. Should be fun to see tomorrow morning

#1196 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:14 PM

I had the displeasure of reading Adam's men's rights word vomit.

#1197 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:18 PM

I had the displeasure of reading Adam's men's rights word vomit.

I have the displeasure of knowing you're still breathing.

inb4 and after warn

/feedingthetroll

#1198 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:23 PM

I'm pretty good at breathing, been doing it since day one. ^_^

#1199 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:24 PM

I'm pretty good at breathing, been doing it since day one. ^_^

Well that's good. Everyone's gotta be good at something, right?

So what are your thoughts on circumcision? 

#1200 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

Isn't there a debate thread about this/?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users