Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#1226 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

As opposed to a negative manner? lol "UGH that Adam, he's so presentable and mature! It's disgusting!"

#1227 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:34 PM

As opposed to a negative manner? lol "UGH that Adam, he's so presentable and mature! It's disgusting!"

He could have very well said something like, "You're so immature, and you don't come off as presentable." or something like that haha. Let me revel in the fact that Lee complimented me.

#1228 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:41 AM

I agree with what you said, I'm saying that that's a really bad argument, because dicks aren't beautiful even if they're circumcised :p

Dicks are literally one of the most beautiful things in the world.

Not as big of a deal as you think it is, and not certainly comparable to female genital mutilation. If I were to have a son I wouldn't have him circumcised, but since the practice has no effect on sexual function, has proven health benefits, and since it's literally impossible for an infant to remember it, casting it as child abuse is melodramatic and trivializes actual child abuse.

They might not "remember" it, but that much pain so early in life causes psychological trauma on the baby. There's a reason we don't do open heart surgery on infants without anesthesia anymore. 

#1229 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:23 AM

Today I'll have to write some articles for the RPG that I play with my friends and that articles are pretty huge. I took 2 hours to write about an Flame, so you can imagine about how much I'll take for write about the plot.

#1230 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:27 AM

because dicks aren't beautiful even if they're circumcised :p

They are pretty impressive from a design perspective though.

#1231 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:58 AM

Woke up sicker than yesterday. Friend who was staying with us this semester left this morning and won't be visiting until March. Have to drive to UPS store. Bleh.

#1232 Thepeopleschampion

Thepeopleschampion
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:08 PM

I woke up and i still wasnt a robot. Robots have less worries in life.

#1233 KingCobra

KingCobra
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

Hurt my left ankle the other day. I'm on steroids for swelling and if it doesn't get better in a few days, I'll need an MRI so they can see what is going on. Had X-Rays that ruled out no bone breakage, so only time will tell. 

#1234 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk å‚ęœ¬

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:19 PM

Dont have toilet paper !!! D: and have to wait until my roommate buy a pack. i think i cant hold it anymore, jesus christ its like a rape 

#1235 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:38 PM

jesus christ its like a rape 

It's really not...

#1236 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:08 PM

Dont have toilet paper !!! D: and have to wait until my roommate buy a pack. i think i cant hold it anymore, jesus christ its like a rape 

Kitchen paper?

Paper tissues?

Coffee filters?

Old newspaper?

Go to the woods and use what Earth has to offer? Except the poison oak, because it's a prank for Mother Nature.

#1237 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:16 PM

Pfft.  :rolleyes:

4UgDtr3.jpg

#1238 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

You can do it. Just leave asap every morning for a public place with public toilets, and don't come home unless you're sure you won't need the toilet again that evening. Honestly, you don't need to ever buy toilet paper.

I have also had a roommate who wouldn't buy toilet paper.

As a future doctor I recommend it to people just because of the decreased cancer risk. But it is one of those things that is totally ok either way in my mind. Ya, I have seen foreskin adhesion quite a few times while seeing patients, but if the parents/kid are careful about hygiene and regularly pulling back the foreskin it shouldn't even ever be a problem. Again, my thing is just the penile cancer. 

That is, however, extraordinarily hypocritical of your friend. 

EDIT: I say ok either way, because it isn't like vaccinations, where by being unvaccinated you are putting a whole subset of the population at risk. Just have to be more careful around zippers and stuff.

But isn't penile cancer super rare? I know several men with botched circumcisions, and none with penile cancer. Looks like the internet thinks about 1 to 3 percent of circumcisions are botched, with a range of results from aesthetic mishaps to skin adhesion, infection, hemorrhage and death.

Even if circumcision were risk-free, it can be performed after infancy, with consent from the patient. 4/5 men who develop penile cancer are over the age of 55. If there is no medical need for the operation, is it really ethical to perform it without consent, especially when the same procedure can render the desired benefits later in life?

If someone called me and told me that your hand had a .001% chance of having cancer in it that had a 85% survival rate, so I'd better cut it off while you were asleep, I would say they were crazy. I would wait for you to wake up and give you the relevant information and ask what you wanted to do. I don't think it's okay to cut bits off of people without their consent with number like that.

#1239 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

My doctor was supposed to return from vacations next Monday, but it turns out he won't return until January 4th. Are you fucking kidding me? The only time I need you in these last 3 years, you keep postpone the day you should get back to work?

#1240 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:19 PM

just shit and then take a shower man

#1241 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:27 PM

Dicks are literally one of the most beautiful things in the world.

They might not "remember" it, but that much pain so early in life causes psychological trauma on the baby. There's a reason we don't do open heart surgery on infants without anesthesia anymore. 

The pain felt is essentially on par with shots. Having watched and helped many of these, usually the only time a baby cries is when they get shot to numb them up around the shaft. So unless there is a similar article posted about pain from immunizations, I have to disagree. Also, psychologists have very little, if any at all, access to watching circumcisions to substantiate those claims. And people saying they have PTSD from an event they can't remember should offend anyone with legitimate PTSD.

You can do it. Just leave asap every morning for a public place with public toilets, and don't come home unless you're sure you won't need the toilet again that evening. Honestly, you don't need to ever buy toilet paper.

I have also had a roommate who wouldn't buy toilet paper.

But isn't penile cancer super rare? I know several men with botched circumcisions, and none with penile cancer. Looks like the internet thinks about 1 to 3 percent of circumcisions are botched, with a range of results from aesthetic mishaps to skin adhesion, infection, hemorrhage and death.

Even if circumcision were risk-free, it can be performed after infancy, with consent from the patient. 4/5 men who develop penile cancer are over the age of 55. If there is no medical need for the operation, is it really ethical to perform it without consent, especially when the same procedure can render the desired benefits later in life?

If someone called me and told me that your hand had a .001% chance of having cancer in it that had a 85% survival rate, so I'd better cut it off while you were asleep, I would say they were crazy. I would wait for you to wake up and give you the relevant information and ask what you wanted to do. I don't think it's okay to cut bits off of people without their consent with number like that.

Because it is a much more stressful, invasive, expensive, dangerous procedure when done later in life. We give parents tons of rights in regards to their children's lives, something that has scientifically proven benefits is a no-brainer to give parental permission. I also recommend teenage boys getting the HPV shot even though there is an incredibly rare chance they get HPV cancer (and even less if they practice safe sex). I think prevention is better than treatment.

Sorry. Didn't mean to make this a debate thread. I am studying on a Friday Night because I have finals on Monday, and have procrastinated far too much. That sucks.

#1242 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

The pain felt is essentially on par with shots. Having watched and helped many of these, usually the only time a baby cries is when they get shot to numb them up around the shaft. So unless there is a similar article posted about pain from immunizations, I have to disagree. Also, psychologists have very little, if any at all, access to watching circumcisions to substantiate those claims. And people saying they have PTSD from an event they can't remember should offend anyone with legitimate PTSD.

Here's the thing though... that's if they get a local anesthesia. It's optional both here (MO) and in OK, that I know for a fact, and in MO, if you opt to have a circumcision, the anesthesia costs more on top of that (circumcision or anything related to it isn't covered by medicaid in this state.) As a dr to be, I'm sure you're aware there's a huge difference between having an immunization with no local and having the foreskin cut from your penis with no local. And maybe I'm being presumptuous, but I'm assuming that since you're doing the whole dr thing, you know the reason they used to do surgery on infants with no anesthesia is because they thought that since the babies didn't cry, they assumed they didn't feel pain. In the 1980s , as in THIRTY FUCKING YEARS AGO, they realized that infants do actually feel pain, they just don't express it because they go into paralytic shock, you know, from the pain. 

I won't disagree with you about PTSD. If you can't remember it, then can you officially be diagnosed with it? No, you can't. But the MRI's don't lie, and men circumcised without anesthesia have different MRIs than people who weren't circumcised.

#1243 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

Here's the thing though... that's if they get a local anesthesia. It's optional both here (MO) and in OK, that I know for a fact, and in MO, if you opt to have a circumcision, the anesthesia costs more on top of that (circumcision or anything related to it isn't covered by medicaid in this state.) As a dr to be, I'm sure you're aware there's a huge difference between having an immunization with no local and having the foreskin cut from your penis with no local. And maybe I'm being presumptuous, but I'm assuming that since you're doing the whole dr thing, the reason they used to do surgery on infants with no anesthesia is because they thought that since the babies didn't cry, they assumed they didn't feel pain. In the 1980s , as in THIRTY FUCKING YEARS AGO, they realized that infants do actually feel pain, they just don't express it because they go into paralytic shock, you know, from the pain. 

I won't disagree with you about PTSD. If you can't remember it, then can you officially be diagnosed with it? No, you can't. But the MRI's don't lie, and men circumcised without anesthesia have different MRIs than people who weren't circumcised.

I actually didn't know there were any offices that did it without anesthesia.... I have participated in 4 offices, all of which didn't even have a no locals option. So, I will agree with that. The things they did to babies 70 years ago... that made me really sad learning about that. I think the practice died down of doing hugely painful procedures a long time ago (For some reason I am thinking these were mostly 1940s-50s). Anyway, lidocaine is really cheap. I don't know why they wouldn't use it, and just include it in the cost (which is usually $200-$400 here, for a 10 minute procedure, you can spend a couple bucks numbing the poor baby up). So maybe it is the law in my state, but medicaid doesn't cover it here either (or maybe it does and the offices in which I worked just didn't care to bill medicaid for it...?). 

#1244 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:23 PM

Lots of issues today at work, and being the only manager there, I had to handle them all :/

#1245 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:59 PM

Kroger yogurt covered raisins taste like fake sugar and wax. I expected them to taste like the ones I got from Menards. I'm drowning in disappointment and snot.

#1246 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

Can you find a credible source for that claim?

I'll wait.

#1247 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

For which?

#1248 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:22 PM

For which?

"men circumcised without anesthesia have different MRIs than people who weren't circumcised."

#1249 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:27 PM

imdrbubj

#1250 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:31 PM

I was under the impression that a fully cited psychology today article was a credible source

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users