Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#1376 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:45 AM

Missed a package even though I was home all day because apparently the batteries of our doorbell died. I need one of those old-fashioned ones. :/

Also, revisiting old pictures which make me nauseous because of traumatic events. Why is inflicting (mental) self-harm so addictive?

#1377 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

Went grocery shopping, and only picked up about half the things I needed (since of course, I didn't make a list)

#1378 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:58 PM

Spoiler

#1379 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:33 AM

I have bronchitis or something. I've had it for two weeks. It's really aggravating my fucking incision on my head and neck. ;-;

#1380 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:14 AM

Woke up with a headache, nothing is helping, work is making it worse.

#1381 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:52 PM

I want pizza but I feel bad about making a delivery driver travel through all this rain

#1382 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

I have bronchitis or something. I've had it for two weeks. It's really aggravating my fucking incision on my head and neck. ;-;

:( Hope you get better soon hun @Coops

Edited by LollitaM, 05 January 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#1383 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:40 AM

Not really 'bad', more of an awkward thing. We just received an e-mail from a former classmate who quit over a year ago, which was basically an e-mail full of blatant fingerpointing on how we, in his view, bullied him and treated as dirt. It was such a rage-fueled (and error-riddled e-mail but we'll cut him some slack for that) that I could really only reply with

944378_1234464163249462_1817710898530508

But the reason I'm sharing it is because I'm really puzzled by a number of things; why now? Why send it not to us in, say, lol an e-mail or whatsapp sent to us directly, but through our faculty coordinator? And what does he want? Does he want a dishonest apology? Because believe me, nobody's about to give him an honest apology. Does he want to sue us? Lol, this is the Netherlands, not America. Sorry, that may come across as a cheap jab but there's a serious point I'm trying to illustrate; lawsuits of these nature are very rare here, so him looking for material gain is not impossible, but highly unlikely. So is it really just a frustrated rant he is too scared to send to us directly, fearing he'll become more of a laughing stock? Which, in all honestly, he is succeeding in greatly. Becoming a laughing stock.

And then the thing that puzzles me the most; what "should" we do with it? We, being mostly me and my classmates, but also; what should the school's board do? What does he expect any of us to do?

Now, let's be fair; he didn't have it easy. But honestly, none of us have or had. Everybody in class is treated equally, and equally means pretty shit. The difference is, the rest of us have a very thick skin. And while there have been numerous real fights, most of the shitty comments have been in good (though sometimes distasteful) humour of no worse level than 'Hey douchebag, we're grabbing a drink and you're coming whether you like it or not.' Of course, the board's picked up on this and we have sat down a number of times, trying to resolve petty fights and urging us to settle down on the dark humour. And we did. This guy's wish to be treated equally (which he already was but didn't realize because he couldn't handle it) resulted in him being treated differently; better. Hey, we're not spawns of Satan. If you feel offended, we'll tone down offending comments. Buuut paradise didn't last long.

I'll be speaking mostly for myself here, but through various (actually a tiresome amount of) conversations I've had I know my opinion reflects the majority of my class'. He was a dick. The purpose of this post is not to make him look bad, but damn did I dislike that guy. I could make a whole list of his "wrong-doings" but it doesn't really matter; of all the times I honestly and purposefully treated him badly, it was a mere reaction to his own doings. And there haven't been many instances of that, because when I think someone's being a dick, I usually just ignore it because I don't consider it worth my time. Yeah, I'm a real angelic jesus right there, turning the other cheek. But it's really just less aggrevating and consuming than actually going against it. Choose your battles wisely, as some wise internet buddhist once said.

Buuuuut here's the tricky part. Thought the above was already tricky? Nah. He's missing an arm. A birth-defect. And while me and - as far as they've told me, of course - my classmates really couldn't care any less about his physical malfunction, it has become his major personal scapegoat. Someone made a mean comment? Must be because I'm missing an arm. Got left out of the party? Yeah, that's because of my missing arm. It's infuriating. I realize he may have gotten self-esteem issues because of past events involving his arm - heck, who am I kidding, he has some MAJOR issues, not only self-esteem, and I'm pretty sure you can find past bullyings in regards to his arm at the root of it. But we didn't bully him because of his arm. In fact, I'll go as far as argue we never bullied him - it wasn't ever my intention at least. But say that him experiencing our social interactions as bullying makes it valid evidence disregarding our side of the story or intentions; it still wasn't because of his fucking arm. Him hiding behind his physical defect enables him to completely ignore the real problem; he's just a plain dick. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sooo what would you do when a dick writes a rant to you - indirectly even - a year overdue? Let's be honest, it's just going to get ignored - but what "should" you do? What would you do?

By all means, go ahead and pick this apart. Play devil's advocate (or God's advocate if that's your stance on all this). I'm just honestly puzzled at what he intents to accomplish with this all.

#1384 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:46 AM

I got my electric bill yesterday for December and it tripled from the previous months D: thankfully it's still lower than i expected it to be

#1385 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:51 PM

Not really 'bad', more of an awkward thing. We just received an e-mail from a former classmate who quit over a year ago, which was basically an e-mail full of blatant fingerpointing on how we, in his view, bullied him and treated as dirt. It was such a rage-fueled (and error-riddled e-mail but we'll cut him some slack for that) that I could really only reply with

944378_1234464163249462_1817710898530508

But the reason I'm sharing it is because I'm really puzzled by a number of things; why now? Why send it not to us in, say, lol an e-mail or whatsapp sent to us directly, but through our faculty coordinator? And what does he want? Does he want a dishonest apology? Because believe me, nobody's about to give him an honest apology. Does he want to sue us? Lol, this is the Netherlands, not America. Sorry, that may come across as a cheap jab but there's a serious point I'm trying to illustrate; lawsuits of these nature are very rare here, so him looking for material gain is not impossible, but highly unlikely. So is it really just a frustrated rant he is too scared to send to us directly, fearing he'll become more of a laughing stock? Which, in all honestly, he is succeeding in greatly. Becoming a laughing stock.

And then the thing that puzzles me the most; what "should" we do with it? We, being mostly me and my classmates, but also; what should the school's board do? What does he expect any of us to do?

Now, let's be fair; he didn't have it easy. But honestly, none of us have or had. Everybody in class is treated equally, and equally means pretty shit. The difference is, the rest of us have a very thick skin. And while there have been numerous real fights, most of the shitty comments have been in good (though sometimes distasteful) humour of no worse level than 'Hey douchebag, we're grabbing a drink and you're coming whether you like it or not.' Of course, the board's picked up on this and we have sat down a number of times, trying to resolve petty fights and urging us to settle down on the dark humour. And we did. This guy's wish to be treated equally (which he already was but didn't realize because he couldn't handle it) resulted in him being treated differently; better. Hey, we're not spawns of Satan. If you feel offended, we'll tone down offending comments. Buuut paradise didn't last long.

I'll be speaking mostly for myself here, but through various (actually a tiresome amount of) conversations I've had I know my opinion reflects the majority of my class'. He was a dick. The purpose of this post is not to make him look bad, but damn did I dislike that guy. I could make a whole list of his "wrong-doings" but it doesn't really matter; of all the times I honestly and purposefully treated him badly, it was a mere reaction to his own doings. And there haven't been many instances of that, because when I think someone's being a dick, I usually just ignore it because I don't consider it worth my time. Yeah, I'm a real angelic jesus right there, turning the other cheek. But it's really just less aggrevating and consuming than actually going against it. Choose your battles wisely, as some wise internet buddhist once said.

Buuuuut here's the tricky part. Thought the above was already tricky? Nah. He's missing an arm. A birth-defect. And while me and - as far as they've told me, of course - my classmates really couldn't care any less about his physical malfunction, it has become his major personal scapegoat. Someone made a mean comment? Must be because I'm missing an arm. Got left out of the party? Yeah, that's because of my missing arm. It's infuriating. I realize he may have gotten self-esteem issues because of past events involving his arm - heck, who am I kidding, he has some MAJOR issues, not only self-esteem, and I'm pretty sure you can find past bullyings in regards to his arm at the root of it. But we didn't bully him because of his arm. In fact, I'll go as far as argue we never bullied him - it wasn't ever my intention at least. But say that him experiencing our social interactions as bullying makes it valid evidence disregarding our side of the story or intentions; it still wasn't because of his fucking arm. Him hiding behind his physical defect enables him to completely ignore the real problem; he's just a plain dick. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sooo what would you do when a dick writes a rant to you - indirectly even - a year overdue? Let's be honest, it's just going to get ignored - but what "should" you do? What would you do?

By all means, go ahead and pick this apart. Play devil's advocate (or God's advocate if that's your stance on all this). I'm just honestly puzzled at what he intents to accomplish with this all.

Honestly I wouldn't even respond to it. You haven't seen him in a year, you don't have to deal with him now or ever. This letter serves no purpose other than to scapegoat you for him dropping out.

#1386 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:39 PM

So I'm standing there in the shower minding my own business and such, decide to sit down to enjoy the hot water and shave.. well after I sit down I move my leg and a giant fucking spider crawls out from under me... I never noped the fuck out of there so fast D: I don't even know where it came from, I make sure and check the walls before I get in for this exact reason. It was a nasty big black hairy fucker.

My heart is still beating out of my chest and I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight.

#1387 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:54 PM

I'm alone in all places.

#1388 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

You should send him an email with just the following content:

"lol

love, us"

#1389 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:23 AM

Did insomnia cause my sleep anxiety or did my (general) anxiety cause my insomnia? Fun question I've been pondering on all day.

#1390 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:59 AM

My incision is stretching. Fuck. It fucking hurts.

Spoiler

#1391 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:47 AM

@Coops Ouch!

This day is going so slow!

#1392 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

Parents told me they wouldn't help me pay for college today. So now I am $7000 in debt...

#1393 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:19 PM

Parents told me they wouldn't help me pay for college today. So now I am $7000 in debt...

Ugh that sucks. I came out owing close to $40,000 (which is right around the average sadly) and I've made little progress since. If only I had a chance to go back and do things differently!

#1394 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:21 PM

Ugh that sucks. I came out owing close to $40,000 (which is right around the average sadly) and I've made little progress since. If only I had a chance to go back and do things differently!

What would you have changed?

#1395 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

What would you have changed?

To be honest there's a lot. I probably would have started at a community college and eventually went to a university, or maybe not even have enrolled at all. I mean I loved the experience and the program itself, but I just think of all the other things I could've done with that money. Not to mention the years spent in college could've been years I was acquiring experience/seniority somewhere else, all without incurring any debt. It's the nature of the beast though. My current job doesn't require a degree by any means, but I know that without the degree, I wouldn't have ever gotten the interview to begin with.

#1396 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:55 PM

It was just a really shitty day at work today.

It was so slow, then my boss told one of our managers he'd buy the managers lunch, but that guy didn't include me (second in command). So the other three get lunch, and I was starving at work today. I was so pissed at them.

#1397 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:08 PM

Go to fastweb.com they offer tons of scholarships and grants.

#1398 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

Looking back on it, I probably would have gotten a different major.

I remember being stuck between two majors, and went with the one that I got a higher grade in, and which I had some experience in, but my degree has done nothing for my career. Couldn't even help me get an entry level job. It took me 10 months between graduation and getting a full time job.

Complete waste of money in my opinion.

#1399 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:16 PM

I had a dream that I grew a dick. I was happy with it, and things were fine. I didn't care to be completely female or male. Then everyone started getting upset at me and asking whether I was "really" a boy or a girl and nobody was happy for me and my new dick. :(

#1400 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

Go to fastweb.com they offer tons of scholarships and grants.

Thanks, I'll check that out :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users