Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#1551 Roger5

Roger5
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:51 AM

@555nintendo555 definitely drive bare foot unless wearing proper closed in shoes xD

lesson learned!

#1552 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

Spoiler

#1553 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

My nose is being assaulted by allergies, its so itchy and runny. Ugh.

#1554 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

My nose is being assaulted by allergies, its so itchy and runny. Ugh.

Mine too! My nose has been itching non-stop recently. And this cold weather isn't helping any.

And today was just problem after problem at work. People yelling at me, one of the washing machines stopped working so we were low on towels, more yelling... Ugh.

#1555 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:07 AM

I found a spool of metal wire and I wasn't sure if it was soldering tin. I heated it up, and when it didn't melt I grabbed ahold of it to see if I could bend it, thus burning my finger BADLY and leaving a burnwound. I looked at my finger, in the mirror and literally went out loud "I genuinely don't know why I did that" to myself because that was by far the dumbest shit I've ever done.

#1556 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:47 AM

I was SO excited to be getting back to the gym today after months of not going.

Instead of getting an early night's rest I ended up vomiting all night and all day so far. With zero sleep, and zero working out,

I'm really miserable today.

#1557 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:54 PM

Work shift went from 3 hours, 4 pm finish to 11 hours, midnight finish. 

Now I miss out on visiting my grandmother and seeing my Uncle and Aunty on my dads side for the first time in 14 years, I even miss out on meeting my cousins again and pretty much feel angry as fuck -_-

#1558 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:56 AM

Back to work after 5 days off (3 working days). Ughh 

#1559 Altador

Altador
  • 20 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:05 AM

Sat around doing nothing all day :l

#1560 testing321123

testing321123
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:37 AM

Missed by bus by 5seconds, (could have arrived at school 10mins earlier)

Checked for the next bus, application told me bus arrival time approximately 20mins later. (I'm pretty much late at this point).

Waited for 20mins, bus did not arrive, check the next bus again, told me it's coming in 10mins...

By missing the first bus (by 5seconds), I had to wait 30mins+ for the next bus, causing me to be 20minutes late for school.

Had a class test today too, went in a little nervous, mind blanked out, didn't know how to do.

Came out from the test, and everything came back into my mind....

Oh gawd....

#1561 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:12 AM

Woke up at 8:30 because the curtains were completely open, so the fucking sun was right on my face and the room was too bright. I have sensible eyes, come on.

#1562 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:09 AM

Soooo this is a long story.

I drive an oldtimer. That means I get to pay a reduced roadtax; usually you pay 17 euros per month for my car's weight class, but with the reduction I pay approx 5 euros a month. I bought it last year in July, so nearing the end of the year. Got a payment slip (?) to pay the tax for a year. Paid it immediately. Now we got another payment slip, for 17 euro; the regular monthly roadtax. Hours of calling tax administration...

Apparently, they sent out 2 payment slips, 1 day after another. I paid one, for 2015. The hubby brought me the one for 2016, I looked at it, and said I'd already paid it. It was the exact same letter, exact same amount... just a tiny 2016 instead of 2015 in the corner. Never noticed they were 2 different payment slips, assumed they were one.

Because I failed to pay for 2016, and you don't get a reminder (as you get with ANYTHING else), they automatically 'assume' you don't want reduced oldtimer tax (lol as if?) and are charged the full amount. And I can't retroactively request the reduction anymore for this year, at all, even though it's only fucking january, so I'm forced to pay the full amount for a whole year. So I have to pay almost 150 euros EXTRA this year but can only drive the car for fucking 6.000 km insurancewise because it's an oldtimer and you're not supposed to use it for regular traffic; but I pay road tax for a fucking regular car. It's so much bullshit.

I realize 150 euros a year is all in all not that much, but every penny counts of course, plus it frustrates me immensely that the system just downright refuses to budge. They think that I would've changed my mind on wanting a reduced road tax, a day after I requested and payed for reduced roadtax? Fucking retarded.

To make this whole matter more stupid, I could legally sell the car, immediately buy it back and THEN request reduced roadtax and be approved. The system's fucking wonky.

#1563 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

Said some things about my personal life that should have been left unsaid.

#1564 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

Story of my life. Both on Codex and real world.

#1565 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

same.. all the time

#1566 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

Soooo this is a long story.

I drive an oldtimer. That means I get to pay a reduced roadtax; usually you pay 17 euros per month for my car's weight class, but with the reduction I pay approx 5 euros a month. I bought it last year in July, so nearing the end of the year. Got a payment slip (?) to pay the tax for a year. Paid it immediately. Now we got another payment slip, for 17 euro; the regular monthly roadtax. Hours of calling tax administration...

Apparently, they sent out 2 payment slips, 1 day after another. I paid one, for 2015. The hubby brought me the one for 2016, I looked at it, and said I'd already paid it. It was the exact same letter, exact same amount... just a tiny 2016 instead of 2015 in the corner. Never noticed they were 2 different payment slips, assumed they were one.

Because I failed to pay for 2016, and you don't get a reminder (as you get with ANYTHING else), they automatically 'assume' you don't want reduced oldtimer tax (lol as if?) and are charged the full amount. And I can't retroactively request the reduction anymore for this year, at all, even though it's only fucking january, so I'm forced to pay the full amount for a whole year. So I have to pay almost 150 euros EXTRA this year but can only drive the car for fucking 6.000 km insurancewise because it's an oldtimer and you're not supposed to use it for regular traffic; but I pay road tax for a fucking regular car. It's so much bullshit.

I realize 150 euros a year is all in all not that much, but every penny counts of course, plus it frustrates me immensely that the system just downright refuses to budge. They think that I would've changed my mind on wanting a reduced road tax, a day after I requested and payed for reduced roadtax? Fucking retarded.

To make this whole matter more stupid, I could legally sell the car, immediately buy it back and THEN request reduced roadtax and be approved. The system's fucking wonky.

Could you sell the car to your husband and buy it back to do this?

#1567 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:22 PM

It's too hot. I can't even breathe, I'm feeling super lightheaded even with the AC on.

#1568 Rose

Rose
  • 24 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

It's too hot. I can't even breathe, I'm feeling super lightheaded even with the AC on.

:x3: NZ has been super hot lately too and most of our houses don't have air con :x3:

Edited by happychappyrose, 26 January 2016 - 04:58 PM.

#1569 Aequaleis

Aequaleis
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

I came into a meeting at work three minutes early (and I was thinking to myself...yeah! Clean and smooth), only to realize that they started ten minutes early. Uhh....

#1570 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:06 PM

Probably not able to do the play we envisioned due to a number of factors.

#1571 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:02 AM

Well I think I may have a dry socket OR when the tooth was pulled the other week it has probably caused some sorta trauma to another =\ pretty painful and throbby today

#1572 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:18 PM

Four nyquil in and three zzquil later I'm still awake. What the fuck brain.

#1573 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:06 PM

Again not bad but kind of awkward. I was invited to an open mic comedy evening in a bar because a friend was performing. He was honestly really great - I was already afraid I'd have to force laughing but he was genuinely funny - but most other comedians were not. I sat there really really bored. And I wasn't alone. I don't know if we were just a tough crowd or if they were having a bad night or just didn't recognize they were untalented. I don't know. But one of these comedians was doing their thing, and no one laughed. He caught my uninterested stare and looked me dead in the eye. He then proceeded to ask "So uh, does anyone actually know me? Has anyone seen me before?" Dead silence. "Yeah... I've only been doing this for 12,5 years." Again, no one laughed. It was hella awkward.

Could you sell the car to your husband and buy it back to do this?

I somehow missed this reply. We've looked into actually doing it, but since governments are a bitch and will find any reason to fine you, we're hesitant to do so since bending the rules is, to put it lightly, not appreciated :p

I'm the only one inhabiting this topic today lol

I dropped my curling iron on my knee and burned it BAD

200_s.gif

Beauty is PAIN folks

#1574 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:33 PM

Fucking governments. @cassiopeiic can you sell the car to one of your friends?

#1575 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:57 PM

I started feeling really awful today. All my friends noticed and then I fell asleep in my car so I missed band. I can't think straight (I have a massive headache) and I have a bunch of homework due tomorrow. I don't know where I was going with this...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users