Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#1826 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

Minimum wage will be about $14 an hour by 2020 here, plus free health care.
Also, I'd hate to think what goes into a €2 bottle of wine...

True, but my fav wine bottle will probably be €10,- by then as well :'(

#1827 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

Also, I'd hate to think what goes into a €2 bottle of wine...

I'm physically shuddering at the thought.

#1828 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:39 PM

I got really bad chub rub today

#1829 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

I had a really interesting dream, but it disappeared from my brain as soon as I woke up and tried to think about it. 

#1830 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:54 PM

School requires me to keep a blog on my internship instead of just regular old weekly reports and I absolutely hate doing it. There's a reason I don't keep a paper diary >_>

#1831 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:33 PM

I really don't know why I expected anything different, but today I had to give my boss my two weeks notice. She was mad, like legit pissed off at me. I could understand her being upset, but her level of upsetness was uncalled for. She wouldn't even look at me or say my name all day lol. You can't treat your employees like shit, underpay them and overwork them and expect them to stay with you forever. I half expected her to let me go on the spot, seeing as she has done that to everyone who has ever given notice. But I think she realized that no one else knows how to do my job. I'm expecting her to "let me go" on Friday after I have briefly gone over all of my duties with the people who are now taking them on. I hope she does, not only will I get to get out of that toxic environment, but I will be moving on to a place where I am truly wanted and appreciated and will be making more money. 

I guess I just expected more support from someone who gave me such praise a few months ago. Not only am I going above and beyond my normal duties, but I am doing my damnedest to make sure that my coworkers who I truly care about aren't left gasping for breath after I leave. I'm writing out detailed instructions on everything I do, giving my phone number and email so these people can contact me if they have questions. I know you can't give 2.5 years worth of knowledge to someone in less than 2 weeks, but it's her own fault for not making sure everyone was crossed trained in the event of an illness, death, or someone quitting.

#1832 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:51 PM

I really don't know why I expected anything different, but today I had to give my boss my two weeks notice. She was mad, like legit pissed off at me. I could understand her being upset, but her level of upsetness was uncalled for. She wouldn't even look at me or say my name all day lol. You can't treat your employees like shit, underpay them and overwork them and expect them to stay with you forever. I half expected her to let me go on the spot, seeing as she has done that to everyone who has ever given notice. But I think she realized that no one else knows how to do my job. I'm expecting her to "let me go" on Friday after I have briefly gone over all of my duties with the people who are now taking them on. I hope she does, not only will I get to get out of that toxic environment, but I will be moving on to a place where I am truly wanted and appreciated and will be making more money. 

I guess I just expected more support from someone who gave me such praise a few months ago. Not only am I going above and beyond my normal duties, but I am doing my damnedest to make sure that my coworkers who I truly care about aren't left gasping for breath after I leave. I'm writing out detailed instructions on everything I do, giving my phone number and email so these people can contact me if they have questions. I know you can't give 2.5 years worth of knowledge to someone in less than 2 weeks, but it's her own fault for not making sure everyone was crossed trained in the event of an illness, death, or someone quitting.

I really hate this culture of employers sucking their employees dry until there's nothing left. The exact same thing is happening to me at my job. They keep removing people from the schedule and expecting the remaining employees to just be grateful for their hours and pick up the slack from them deliberately understaffing us. And this is also around the time a lot of employees leave. Our bosses keep saying that the employees they removed from the schedule are "on call" but they never fucking call them. They just keep shifting employees and moving them to other locations and which results in that area becoming understaffed. One employee told them she MIGHT not be able to return next semester so in retaliation they basically removed her from the schedule even though they need her and now they're trying to get me to work her job and my job at the same time. I already told them it's fucking impossible and I can't be two places at once. Now I'm looking for another job because I'm fucking sick of them constantly thinking they can treat people like shit and put their job on me because I'm one of the few full time workers they have left.

#1833 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:32 AM

broke a chili sauce while carrying it from the car to the kitchen. mom was like #$%%$#@

turned out it isn't my fault. i checked the plastic bag and there's a big gaping hole on it.  IT'S THE BAG'S FAULT

#1834 JennaJayen

JennaJayen
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:44 AM

I had the worst Hungry Jacks meal I've every eaten for dinner, like literally it was cold and tasted horrible. Complete waste of money :( Only ate it because I was starving and coudn't be bothered cooking lol

#1835 palmer420

palmer420
  • 16 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:50 AM

I scuff'd my jays 

:'( feelsbadman 

lessthanthree

#1836 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:05 PM

Milk. Milk happened.

#1837 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:09 PM

After months of my phone not using the mobile theme, it decided to change use it no matter what I did. I change the theme to something other than mobile, and then the next time I click on a link in Codex the fucking thing changes back to the mobile theme. I HATE the mobile theme and wish there was a way to disable the shit. That really put a damper on my work day.

#1838 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:10 PM

Milk. Milk happened.

D:

More sad than bad. Today we saw a few fetuses(?) to see how anencephaly and spina bifida look like. Some people were laughing while looking at them (we were in a circle and the babies were being passed from one to the other). How fucking immature. I was really shocked to see them acting like that. And it's not the first time I see them acting childish. Medicine is not a game, you're supposed to take it seriously, because someday you're gonna take care of people's lives.

#1839 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:33 PM

D:

More sad than bad. Today we saw a few fetuses(?) to see how anencephaly and spina bifida look like. Some people were laughing while looking at them (we were in a circle and the babies were being passed from one to the other). How fucking immature. I was really shocked to see them acting like that. And it's not the first time I see them acting childish. Medicine is not a game, you're supposed to take it seriously, because someday you're gonna take care of people's lives.

I would have asked them, "Will you be laughing like that when you have a person bring their daughter and son in with anencephaly or spina bifida?"

Today just sucks. In general, things are okay. But I'm feeling really frustrated with my upcoming statistics test and the pressure is fucking real. If I don't pass, I can't retest for 90 days and it will throw a wrench in my graduation / PhD program plans. I'd feel less stressed if I wasn't so goddamn tired all the time. I really,really need to see a sleep doctor but I'm so scared of doctors nowadays because of how many times I was dismissed before. But I'm sleeping sooo much and I can barely function awake. I can barely focus. I am so exhausted. Exhausted isn't even a good enough word.

#1840 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:21 PM

I would have asked them, "Will you be laughing like that when you have a person bring their daughter and son in with anencephaly or spina bifida?"

I called some of them out after the class was over. Not with those words exactly, but I could see they felt bad -- or at least guilty. Ugh, they really pissed me off, but I couldn't just ignore.

#1841 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

It's been raining like the end of days. I hope this crappy weather don't stay for long, I have a fishing/camping trip this weekend. <_<

#1842 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:48 AM

13051572_10205302735241536_7001286848353

:|

#1843 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

Waaahhhhhhhhhhhh I had an anxiety attack at work today because I was so overwhelmed with trying to train people, and I just feel like there isn't enough time and I fear that they will really struggle with me gone and I worry about the people I actually like there. ON TOP OF THAT my boss decides to hire someone last minute and wants me to train them in a week... I'm so stressed ouuuuttttttttt. I can only do my best and the rest is not on me. #controlfreak

#1844 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:34 PM

I called some of them out after the class was over. Not with those words exactly, but I could see they felt bad -- or at least guilty. Ugh, they really pissed me off, but I couldn't just ignore.

I wonder if it's some kind of coping mechanism. At least they felt guilty. Out of curiosity, do you know how they were sourced?

I applied for health insurance again. I hate how it's supposed to be a positive thing, but all I see is twice the payment I would have without it.

#1845 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:43 PM

I wonder if it's some kind of coping mechanism. At least they felt guilty. Out of curiosity, do you know how they were sourced?

I really hope so, but from what I know about them (not that it's a lot, but still), it was probably not :/
And what does that mean?

#1846 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:44 PM

I really hope so, but from what I know about them (not that it's a lot, but still), it was probably not :/
And what does that mean?

Abortion or miscarriage? I don't know anything about Brazil fetus laws.

#1847 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

Abortion or miscarriage? I don't know anything about Brazil fetus laws.

OH derp
Honestly, I have no idea, they didn't mention that. But here you can only abort in 3 situations - anencephaly; rape; risk to the mother.

#1848 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:48 PM

OH derp
Honestly, I have no idea, they didn't mention that. But here you can only abort in 3 situations - anencephaly; rape; risk to the mother.

Because with anencephaly, there's an extremely low survival rate, right?

#1849 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:53 PM

Because with anencephaly, there's an extremely low survival rate, right?

Yup, and if it does survive the birth, it can't live for too long. My grandpa once made an anencephalous baby live for 30 days, but you pretty much have to take care of them 24/7 :/

#1850 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:26 PM

prince deded todays

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users