Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#2051 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

The best day of my professional life (and high up there as far as personal life goes) and... my carpel tunnel is getting worse. At its worst, rather. Couldn't even open a tiny 2x2 bag of cheddar bites without an intense, sharp pain. Got so bad the last hour and half of my shift I had to use my left hand. Still tingling at my fingertips as I type this. :(

#2052 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

Finding out late this afternoon that a friend at work whom I had a fantastic lunch with yesterday apparently didn't show up to the office today because, like, he's dead. :(

Wow sorry for your loss @Kord :'(

#2053 Codeine

Codeine
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:48 PM

Dealt with the girl who sits next to me at work all day. Making various racist jokes, talking about how she hates Indian's and the smell of their food, how she calls all Hispanic people she doesn't know Paco or Jose, and how calling things "retarded" or "gay" is perfectly acceptable because people are too sensitive.

Yeesh.

#2054 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:50 PM

Midnight and im still working... almost sleeping

#2055 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

My neighbors have decided that my two German Shepherds are too "dangerous" to be out and about during the day and demanded that we only walk them at night and in the early morning. I'm so pissed off I can't even right now.

#2056 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

Today I observed dissection of rats and collection of various tissues for future histology. Then I went down to the basement to observe smears to test for estrus in order to mate and/or test for pregnancy. I wrote two pages on prostate histopathology in attempts to educate our undergrads on benign prostate hyperplasia vs adenocarcinoma to change our protocols. Then I went and did puberty checks.

I went home, drank wine, watched a terrible horror movie, and cleaned my apartment. Day in the life of a Biology PhD candidate, everyone...

#2057 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:13 PM

Today I observed dissection of rats and collection of various tissues for future histology. Then I went down to the basement to observe smears to test for estrus in order to mate and/or test for pregnancy. I wrote two pages on prostate histopathology in attempts to educate our undergrads on benign prostate hyperplasia vs adenocarcinoma to change our protocols. Then I went and did puberty checks.
I went home, drank wine, watched a terrible horror movie, and cleaned my apartment. Day in the life of a Biology PhD candidate, everyone...

That all sounds very interesting, stressful, but interesting. What horrible horror movie did you watch? Was it "The Taking of Deborah Logan"?

#2058 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:04 PM

Nope. I've seen it but nope. I saw The Visit and The Gallows. Found footage horror is my guilty pleasure. So bad but I can't help but love it <3 The actual horrible thing is that I'm in a long distance relationship with someone that I used to see 5-6 nights a week and now can only see on the weekends after driving two and a half hours until he can find a job here... :\

#2059 Codeine

Codeine
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:41 PM

Was an hour late to work today due to a car accident blocking a large portion of the interstate *_*

#2060 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:33 PM

Was an hour late to work today due to a car accident blocking a large portion of the interstate *_*

You're posting this in the bad things thread and it sounds like a bad thing, but you used the "I love this so much I have stars in my eyes" thingy *-*
Haha xD

2036871.jpg

Where are my summer nights??? :/

#2061 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:00 PM

Wow sorry for your loss @Kord :'(

Thank you so much, really...was a very odd day today (day after) and will be for awhile, but no one to really lean on for it makes it that much worse.

#2062 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:18 PM

I got iced with the 20m I wanted to sell lol

#2063 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:39 AM

I received a speeding ticket AND a parking ticket today just 5 minutes after another. €100,- poorer in a day. 

#2064 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:46 AM

Worked changed my schedule the night before without asking or even telling me.
get it for today. Truck day and I'm the better/faster stocker.
But at least give me decency of asking, and not as I'm heading out the door. -_-

No idea when I'm scheduled off, but one way or another I'm walking out those doors when the truck is done in 1-1.5 hours.
I don't get paid enough to put up with this type of bs.

#2065 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:18 AM

I lost my Main and sides. I don't think I'll bother rebuilding if they won't give them back, which I doubt. I think I'm done with Neo. I know it sounds lame, but it's been good. It's been really good, and I will miss it a lot, but it's time.

#2066 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:55 AM

I lost my Main and sides. I don't think I'll bother rebuilding if they won't give them back, which I doubt. I think I'm done with Neo. I know it sounds lame, but it's been good. It's been really good, and I will miss it a lot, but it's time.

Let me know if you want an account to restart. It's just a shell but it has at least a few good things to get started *cough*

#2067 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:08 AM

Let me know if you want an account to restart. It's just a shell but it has at least a few good things to get started *cough*

Thanks. I'm still just sort of shocked and not sure what I'll end up doing. I've never been iced before. That was the first account I ever had. I think I'll wait until after the AC before making a decision, but I'll keep your offer in mind.

#2068 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

No problem! My neck lymph nodes are perpetually swollen and have been since I was a teenager. Every doctor I've asked said some people are just like that. (I have my own suspicions, but I'm still alive so I don't want to push it lol)

The round ligaments are the ones holding your uterus up. On me, it feels like someone reached into my side, grabbed a handful of fat, and twisted. It doesn't "hurt" but it startles my breath away for a minute. It's one of those things that feels different for everyone; with one of my kids it just felt like period cramps and the second kid I didn't have any at all.

Oh that's weird, but the doctors are probably right, if it was something malignant you'd be dead by now. But maybe you should ask for a biopsy to clear things up.

Ouch doesn't seem like a pleasant feeling, but at least it's temporary (and worth it!) :)

@Coops I went to the dermatologist yesterday and he said the exact same thing as you, probably just because I have a pale skin. He charged me €35 though, for 3 minutes of his time. Gonna consult you instead :p Went to the doctor today, she seemed to care a bit more and collected blood so I'll know the test results next week.

I hope you'll get an appointment for your surgery soon! Isn't a taxi an option? Or a friend/family member? Or you can ask to stay in the hospital until someone can drive you home, the doctors should understand if it's really urgent. Brain surgery seems like something scary, hopefully everything will be all right!

#2069 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:11 AM

Oh that's weird, but the doctors are probably right, if it was something malignant you'd be dead by now. But maybe you should ask for a biopsy to clear things up.

Ouch doesn't seem like a pleasant feeling, but at least it's temporary (and worth it!) :)

@Coops I went to the dermatologist yesterday and he said the exact same thing as you, probably just because I have a pale skin. He charged me €35 though, for 3 minutes of his time. Gonna consult you instead :p Went to the doctor today, she seemed to care a bit more and collected blood so I'll know the test results next week.

I hope you'll get an appointment for your surgery soon! Isn't a taxi an option? Or a friend/family member? Or you can ask to stay in the hospital until someone can drive you home, the doctors should understand if it's really urgent. Brain surgery seems like something scary, hopefully everything will be all right!

I hope the dermatologist wasn't wrong though. It can happen a lot in pale people, or people with fragile capillaries and whatnot. I'm glad you went to the doctor and I hope it sorts out good. :)

And my appointment is 2 hours from my house, so, a taxi isn't a great option for me. And all my family is in other states, and I don't have friends where I live, not really friends who would be willing to come with me for this. I'm going to have to move the appointment and just hope they have something for the beginning of August. I'm waiting for them to call me back. e.e

#2070 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:23 AM

Same. I'll probably just buy some shells, and try to AB my ass off and just sell NP. 

#2071 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:28 PM

Anton Yelchin passed away. It's not something bad that happened to me, but it's still ruined my day/week/month/whatever. I can't even imagine watching Beyond, and I just know I'll probably be in tears half the time because of both Nimoy and Yelchin. Damn. : ((

Edited by crepas, 19 June 2016 - 08:28 PM.

#2072 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:06 PM

Sleep deprivation is so cool /sarcasm
I'm pretty sure that the shadow thingy in my bedroom ceiling is not real, but it has such a soothing colour and a weirdly addicting chirp. Chirp chirp.

#2073 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:10 PM

Sleep deprivation is so cool /sarcasm
I'm pretty sure that the shadow thingy in my bedroom ceiling is not real, but it has such a soothing colour and a weirdly addicting chirp. Chirp chirp.

I can't sleep. What's on

my ceiling? The soothing air 

of my own demise.

#2074 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:40 PM

Gotta be awake in 6.5 hours to get ready for my very first, completely solo, opening 8-hour shift.

Nowhere near tired yet. #fml

At least it's Monday. SHOULDN'T *jinx* be too bad today. Plus, all the free Mouintain Dew I could need. Thank you sugar rush. lol

#2075 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:34 PM

Gotta be awake in 6.5 hours to get ready for my very first, completely solo, opening 8-hour shift.

Nowhere near tired yet. #fml

At least it's Monday. SHOULDN'T *jinx* be too bad today. Plus, all the free Mouintain Dew I could need. Thank you sugar rush. lol

I have my 5th and final training in the morning that I'm not at all ready for. Need to pass this to start doing solo work. Life

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users