Should i be concerned? Buying stamps

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Rickster

Rickster
  • 386 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:45 PM

i have been buying here for about 20 mins using scots guide and my buy times are all 1500+ and some even over 3000, i got one or two big items over 200k and over 400k both times over 1500 and i missed the bigger ones above that, should i be worried? its on my main too

#2 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:56 PM

I AB in stamp shop with my main too, my buy times also aren't under 1500ms (mostly around 2000-3000). I shouldn't be concerned as you just started ABing there (I think?) but mostly when abrosia buys items with a lot of worth I stop the ABer. Just don't AB too much there.

I put the stamps I buy in my stamp album though so that's a bit different (and less risky I think) than selling them.

#3 Rickster

Rickster
  • 386 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:03 PM

yeah i likely wont sell them for a long bit, I just put them in the sdb, as soon a s you put them in album they are stuck there yeah? just got another big one and some smaller ones im done for the night i just hope i dont get iced, never had that luck before, i remember when i used to have buy times under 1000 but not for stamps. i thought you had to have fast buy times to get anything but i guess luck was on my side tonight, now im just super scared lol.

Edited by Silvermajra, 07 August 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#4 BEDDOEDv

BEDDOEDv
  • 287 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:34 PM

i have been buying here for about 20 mins using scots guide and my buy times are all 1500+ and some even over 3000, i got one or two big items over 200k and over 400k both times over 1500 and i missed the bigger ones above that, should i be worried? its on my main too

them times sound reasonable to work with. i believe it's also luck to keep people unfrozen

#5 pinksparkle173

pinksparkle173
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:11 AM

Just don't sell them for a while. You're fine.

#6 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:50 AM

Unsure where any of this info is coming from. I AB 20-30 stamps a day including multiple high profit items, stock them right away, and sell them quick. Been doing this for almost 2 years. It doesn't matter how quickly you sell something. It only matters how quick your buy times are.

#7 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

The advices given out to people to hold on their buys for a while before selling it's because people on the neoboards used to track down items they missed restocking. If that item appeared in the TP shortly after, they automatically considered it was auto-bought (because they are whining babies that can't assume a defeat) and proceed to report its owner, and we all know how TNT was always an enthusiastic supporter of the "ice-now-never-ask-questions" rule.

I don't know if that cautious move makes sense nowadays or not, but better safe than sorry I guess.

#8 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:21 AM

The advices given out to people to hold on their buys for a while before selling it's because people on the neoboards used to track down items they missed restocking. If that item appeared in the TP shortly after, they automatically considered it was auto-bought (because they are whining babies that can't assume a defeat) and proceed to report its owner, and we all know how TNT was always an enthusiastic supporter of the "ice-now-never-ask-questions" rule.

I don't know if that cautious move makes sense nowadays or not, but better safe than sorry I guess.

I guess it depends on your method of selling. I have all stamps moved to shop and I run a pricer every other night or so. That means UB stamps sit in my shop for a while before hitting TP and thus unseen. Although I've been slacking on pricing lately and just did half last night. 5m+ shop worth with half still unpriced lol. Unless your buy time is low, even if you get reported, chances are youre safe. Just because people are report happy doesnt mean frozen. Unless it's suspiciously fast, youre safe.

#9 Desant

Desant
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:23 AM

TC will never change, they still complain and more than often subtle or not so subtly hint at the RSer as a cheater. some even go to mention last seen times from certain databases.

#10 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

@xNarcotic, then, you're in fact doing exactly what people advice others to do, which is not selling UB right away. :p

And shops are less dangerous than TP because it's harder to find an user through it.

And you're obviously way more trusting towards TNT's abilities to see things logically than the rest of us lol

Neopians are, naturally, despicable little people. I've been reported several times because I blocked users when they offered junk on my trades. They report me for the stupidest reason. The last one was because my shop background was "too" green. And TNT is just as stupid because they actually give out warnings with those same excuses. I was baffled when I open my latest warning seeing my shop was too green. I mean, what the real fuck?

#11 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:31 AM

@xNarcotic, then, you're in fact doing exactly what people advice others to do, which is not selling UB right away. :p

And shops are less dangerous than TP because it's harder to find an user through it.

And you're obviously way more trusting towards TNT's abilities to see things logically than the rest of us lol

Yeah, however I've sold many, many stamps to the point where I have my selling page bookmarked on quite a few collectors pages. I get NM's about stamps I have even when I'm not advertising lol. Occasionally some do go up quite quick but I don't actually log on to neopets often maybe once a day for 5 mins lol. Then again, I don't advertise on the TP/TC so no issue there. 2 years of AB'ing for 5-6 hours a day leads me to believe theyre slacking quite a bit. I've gotten numerous emails about being reported too since I sell large quantities of NP as well.

#12 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 255 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

you are using abrosia? with abrosia premium I grabbed a 20 million neopoint stamp, best autobuy I ever got. Then literally 2 days later it got me another extremely rare stamp that I sold a week later for 17 mil, so you are fine.

#13 Rickster

Rickster
  • 386 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

what are all of your buy times around? I realize that they range, but my fastest ones are over 1500, Should i adjust my settings to be a bit faster? or slower?

#14 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

I think times are relative. I've missed things with <1500 and already bought high end UB with >8000.
There are many factors when it comes to AB (times of day; the day itself; the shop; luck) and time it's just one of them.

But using times too low used to be one of the reasons to get your account iced really fast. Better be careful with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users