How do I update the database?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 clusterbang

clusterbang
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:33 PM

So I just got this..

2015-12-30 01:21:05 - Bought Green!: 441 NP in 7659ms (Est. Profit: 8139 NP)

Ended up buying like 12 of these, not so good for me cause I just started playing so I don't have too much of a capital base :p

And the actual shop wizard price is like 500~NP so there is really no profit, I just want to help contribute to the database so the next person doesn't have the same problem. How do I change it?

Cheers

Edited by clusterbang, 29 December 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#2 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:36 PM

Unfortunately, only items above 100k (unbuyable) can be manually updated in the database; the rest are done automatically.

If you want to submit a suggestion for an ub item's price to be changed, however, you can do so here :)

http://www.neocodex....-members/page-1

I *think* though if you are adv+ rank you can manually update non-ub items in the database, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Edit: Nvm. Thanks @danibanani :)

Edited by Kass, 29 December 2015 - 10:44 PM.

#3 clusterbang

clusterbang
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:37 PM

Ah unfortunate.. Oh well thanks anyway :)

#4 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:40 PM

I *think* though if you are adv+ rank you can manually update non-ub items in the database, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Even adv+ can't update non-ubs, just the UB ones 

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:45 AM

Non-ub items are updated by Abrosia, which does so in the background while you're running it and by Neon AP when you price your shop. The prices in he database are not the lowest an item will sell for, so they can be off sometimes.
Ub items can only be updated by those with over 500 posts, so you could be adv+, but if you don't have 500+ posts you won't be able to update the prices. The title of the price update thread is misleading that way.

#6 clusterbang

clusterbang
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:10 PM

Non-ub items are updated by Abrosia, which does so in the background while you're runningit and by Neon AP when you price your shop. The prices in he database are not the lowest an item will sell for, so they can be off sometimes.
Ub items can only be updated by those with over 500 posts, so you could be adv+, but if you don't have 500+ posts you won't be able to update the prices. The title of the price update thread is misleading that way.

Ya I just looked up the item, and for some reason it just spiked in value to something ridiculous but when I look it up all the prices are basically 1:1 of what you pay for from the shop. Just thought it was kinda odd, but its not a problem at all! Just new at this game/program, so I just wanted to clarify. Thanks :)

#7 CannabisQueen

CannabisQueen
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:54 AM

The only ways this program is going to run nice (got me a grey jubjub MP yesterday for 10k for half day, worth 1.6m) is if you use a shop list. The data base on this site is horrible, like I thought jelly neo was bad, but most buyable items are VERY out of date. I luagh when i buys me an item and I over pay for it, and it tells me im going to make 20k profit. I have my standards set to high, and profit must be 160% of the item blah.. still doesn't work. The data base is crap. So to not buy junk, make you're own lists, or find some and there yeah go. I stay on magic and stamps. But yeah a little PSA for the neocodex database, if you use lists you wont get crap with the program, if you dont.. well most times you'll buy 2-3 of the same item, and you maybe maybe 100nps profit, or lose 3k. And I am actually sad that on this data base you cannot suggest to update? maybe they need better updater's with SSW is all im saying lol. 

#8 FayriTayell

FayriTayell
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:29 PM

So how exactly does the automatic price updating work?  I've priced items with NeonAP and then looked at the item's page, and the price hadn't changed, even though it said "last priced by FayriTayell".

#9 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

So how exactly does the automatic price updating work?  I've priced items with NeonAP and then looked at the item's page, and the price hadn't changed, even though it said "last priced by FayriTayell".

I don't know, but I too have noticed that the prices of some items are quite far off what they sell for in the shopwiz... Always a good idea to check the shopwiz as well!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users