• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#26 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:44 PM

What I meant is why?
Cheating on Neopets, that I understand - people are trying go get something for themselves without hindering others, but SSoD with the purpose of storing not-so-random info about others' accounts only has one purpose.

Since when people need a reason to be idiot?

I'm having a feeling about this lag........

Edited by Copycat, 25 April 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#27 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:45 PM

This makes more sense. thanks. Why though? 

Neopets is still down btw.

I can't say really. I just know that's how DDoSing can work. Like when an image link was mass shared on Twitter and it brought down the FBI website because people kept clicking the link unknowingly. Or maybe that was Paypal. I don't remember which website was brought down that way.

#28 Cheyenne

Cheyenne
  • 97 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:46 PM

So I'm guessing duping involves lag of some sort?

#29 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

Yep, you need to spam the server with the same item over and over till it thinks it is two or more items.

#30 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

You would be correct. When the site is lagging, you can try different things to dupe an item. Just don't be dumb and try to flood the market with dupes, or donate them en mass to the Money Tree.

#31 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:48 PM

Since when people need a reason to be idiot?

True.
I continue to say these folks have too much time in their hands and they all need to get laid. I'm sure with the right amount of money they probably find someone to help them in that department.
Pena para eles que as meninas que roldam bolsinha certamente não aceitam NP como pagamento :v

#32 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:49 PM

Pena para eles que as meninas que roldam bolsinha certamente não aceitam NP como pagamento :v

Se SuAP fosse moeda de pagamento para sexo, eu não estaria nem aqui. :lol2:

#33 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:52 PM

We need a dupe week again. That's for sure. Fingers crossed... I guess lol.

Se SuAP fosse moeda de pagamento para sexo, eu não estaria nem aqui. :lol2:

Olha que degradante, trocar sexoséquiço por neopets. Quéiço menine :lol2:

#34 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:52 PM

I think we should create a Dupe Squad. One person try to dupe via shop, another via SDB, another gallery and so on.

#35 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:53 PM

I think we should create a Dupe Squad. One person try to dupe via shop, another via SDB, another gallery and so on.

I would happily join the squad, but I'm on mobile :/

#36 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:53 PM

We need a dupe week again. That's for sure. Fingers crossed... I guess lol.

Olha que degradante, trocar sexo por neopets. Quéiço menine :lol2:

Last time the NC items were gone for a couple of hours and neopets was down, we were able to dupe them. Now the NP items were gone before the site went offline, so I guess it could happen!

Faço o que eu posso. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#37 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:55 PM

Last time the NC items were gone for a couple of hours and neopets was down, we were able to dupe them. Now the NP items were gone before the site went offline, so I guess it could happen!

Faço o que eu posso. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good lord. I still have +6k of NC items to send to my mains. That dupe glitch was not that good for me :c

#38 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:02 PM

Damn, last time neopets took this long down, it came back up as an altogether new site, in the late '00s.

#39 Cheyenne

Cheyenne
  • 97 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:05 PM

Good lord. I still have +6k of NC items to send to my mains. That dupe glitch was not that good for me :c

Holy shit! I'd like to give this a try sometime... sounds fun.

#40 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:08 PM

Holy shit! I'd like to give this a try sometime... sounds fun.

I got them with a glitch last summer. It only lasted a few hours.
It was fun while it lasted. But now it's a nightmare of epic porpotions because I want to get rid of the accounts but I can't because of the NC :/

#41 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

It was fun while it lasted. But now it's a nightmare of epic porpotions because I want to get rid of the accounts but I can't because of the NC :/

If I remember well back then you already wanted to get rid of the accounts but when the glitch came up you couldn't help yourself but abuse it. lol

#42 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:11 PM

Sell the NC?

#43 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

If I remember well back then you already wanted to get rid of the accounts but when the glitch came up you couldn't help yourself but abuse it. lol

Exactly. A nightmare! I need help with this hoarding issues :c

#44 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:13 PM

Andd now I am at work. Neopetss, be up quick, I'm getting AB withdrawal symptoms looll. xP

#45 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

Sell the NC?

I don't need to sell it. Even if I needed I probably wouldn't get the cojones to do it.

#46 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:15 PM

Andd now I am at work. Neopetss, be up quick, I'm getting AB withdrawal symptoms looll. xP

Man, I feel you. I've been wanting to play with a petpage, and now I'm stuck. I was going to use Word, but for some reason the tab refreshed or something and now it's all inaccessible. That'll teach me not to keep a copy of WIPs.

#47 firedrops

firedrops
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:18 PM

Just went off to uni 2 hours ago, and this happens ;)

#48 Ehentalix

Ehentalix
  • Banned from trading - Do NOT trade with this member!

• 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:25 PM

Okay, just so people know what's ACTUALLY going on: reCaptcha was added because people were having their accounts with more valuable pets targeted and stolen; the data was being mined through user and pet lookups. This is possible because Neopet's security is a joke. The official story is a form of DDoS disrupting the servers, because TNT would never in a million years admit that accounts are getting hacked left right and center, bad for business. reCaptcha will help with this issue, but it's a bandaid solution at best.

My best guess RE: the current site crash is that they didn't upgrade the serves to properly handle all the extra load coming from the reCaptcha pages; either that or it actually is a DDoS now because the bots that would normally cause minimal lag trawling through lookups are getting stuck, and don't have reCaptcha sensing to self-shutdown, so they just keep trying to refresh the page and mine the data.

#49 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:29 PM

I don't get why people want to make money stealing stuff from active players. If the last handful of players quit the site, to whom their asses are going to sell shit?

#50 Ehentalix

Ehentalix
  • Banned from trading - Do NOT trade with this member!

• 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:32 PM

I don't get why people want to make money stealing stuff from active players. If the last handful of players quit the site, to whom their asses are going to sell shit?

As long as the site is up, there will be people playing it. And as long as there are people playing it, there are people willing to buy what they want for it. If a site exists, a market exists. All that changes is how lucrative said market is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users