Quantcast

Photo

In What Ways Have You Helped Other Neopians?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Darkskull

Darkskull
  • 104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:09 PM

By this, I mean random, Neopians.

Just recently I have been helping this 2 year old account make themselves more appealing to the general public. They have told me they just started back playing. That explains why their account has so little. To be completely honest, I thought their account was a shell at first, but what they sell on the TP has me thinking otherwise. Being the nice person I am, I told them account was bare looking and people might think it was "fake". They were confused at first, but understood that others don't like dealing with shells all the time. So I had them go upload themselves a layout on their profile and suggested they get themselves an avatar to match their personality. Now they have a spiffy profile and they are my go to person to sell stuff to!

tl;dr

I helped a person make their account not look like a shell. Now I sell them all my junk.

I want to upvote all of you, but I can't. :headshake:

Edited by The6YearLurker, 30 May 2016 - 07:48 PM.

#2 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:14 PM

Some person was trying to sell random stuff on tp in an attempt to save up for some item, I gave em the item

#3 Urbex

Urbex
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this user.

• 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:19 PM

I gave a few million worth of items to players on the TP when they'd make boards seeking an expensive item (to customize/morph a pet). I also sometimes gift quest items people need on the quest boards

#4 Darkskull

Darkskull
  • 104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:27 PM

Some person was trying to sell random stuff on tp in an attempt to save up for some item, I gave em the item

Brb, about to go say I'm saving for a MSPP (TCG).

#5 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

Brb, about to go say I'm saving for a MSPP (TCG).

Yeah thats what I thought as well after that incident, whether I was negatively reinforcing the idea that begging can get what one wants

#6 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:35 PM

Coincidentally, I am also saving up for an MSPP (TCG).

#7 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:38 PM

There was this female user a couple of months ago selling a lot of unexpensive stuff on the TP. I overoffered on one of the lots just for fun and she messaged me saying thanks and telling me that she had been saving for a baby pb. I gave her a couple of expensive items I had for her to sell. She kept me updated of her saving situation for a week or so and then I surprised her by sending her the baby pb. She was so happy, best neo experience ever :p

#8 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

I used to randomly gift NC items to people who were trying to trade for them, I now mostly look for people's dream pets and adopt it for them to transfer to them when they are online.....or if I get a lucky lab zap

#9 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:42 PM

There was this female user a couple of months ago selling a lot of unexpensive stuff on the TP. I overoffered on one of the lots just for fun and she messaged me saying thanks and telling me that she had been saving for a baby pb. I gave her a couple of expensive items I had for her to sell. She kept me updated of her saving situation for a week or so and then I surprised her by sending her the baby pb. She was so happy, best neo experience ever :p

did you do the dirty

#10 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:43 PM

did you do the dirty

do you mean the neosex?

Edited by Scavi, 30 May 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#11 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

do you mean the neosex?

no i mean the sex

#12 Darkskull

Darkskull
  • 104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

no i mean the sex

You mean THE sex?

Edited by The6YearLurker, 30 May 2016 - 07:48 PM.

#13 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:49 PM

Sometimes I offer really HTS expensive items on random junk trades just because I'm not in the mood to deal with the items.

#14 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

Such a playa

#15 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:51 PM

You mean THE sex?

T H E D I R T Y

#16 Darkskull

Darkskull
  • 104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:55 PM

I became friends with this girl like 6 years ago on Neopets. I'm still really good friends with her to this day. We even talk daily. She's super smart too. She graduated 3rd in her class. Dunno how, but neopets has more marriages than eharmony (jk). Lol. So ya. Today she gave me her neopets account :)

Edited by The6YearLurker, 30 May 2016 - 07:59 PM.

#17 icantbelievethis

icantbelievethis
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

Friend got scammed out of FQD, so I donated another one to her.

I'm pretty generous on neo because people are generous to me. I've had over 5m donated to my gallery alone, so I don't mind doing little random acts of kindness.

#18 Rosy

Rosy
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:58 PM

Back a couple years ago, my lab rays were used to zap/adopt out. I think I was part of a dream pet giving guild of some sort that is non existent anymore. 

I randomly gift out some NC valentine grams if I see a certain item on someone's wishlist. These days I don't have many more neofriends. it used to be more fun when the neofriend counter actually worked, and I could see who was online to chat. 

Edit: I have friended almost all my past neofriends on FB or other pet sites. even introduced a bunch of them here as well. But most of them I think moved to subeta/flight rising/gaia or other sites idk. A couple I still keep in contact on fb daily :)

Edited by Rosy, 30 May 2016 - 07:59 PM.

#19 Darkskull

Darkskull
  • 104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

T H E D I R T Y

Thedirty? Is that what you name your pets?

Edit: I have friended almost all my past neofriends on FB or other pet sites. even introduced a bunch of them here as well. But most of them I think moved to subeta/flight rising/gaia or other sites idk. A couple I still keep in contact on fb daily :)

How do you manage to get them to add you without being frozen? Any time I did, I got neomail blocked/frozen.

#20 Rosy

Rosy
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:04 PM

How do you manage to get them to add you without being frozen? Any time I did, I got neomail blocked/frozen.

I would type up a message of skype/aim/fb chat whatever, screenshot it, and upload to tinypic or something, then add it to a petpage and send them a petpage link. once they "confirmed" they got the message, I deleted the image off of the petpage, and TNT was none the wiser :)

#21 icantbelievethis

icantbelievethis
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

I would type up a message of skype/aim/fb chat whatever, screenshot it, and upload to tinypic or something, then add it to a petpage and send them a petpage link. once they "confirmed" they got the message, I deleted the image off of the petpage, and TNT was none the wiser :)

I've had no problem giving away my Steam name in Neomail without being silenced/frozen.

#22 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

I've had no problem giving away my Steam name in Neomail without being silenced/frozen.

Never thought of using Steam, thats a good work around of communication!

#23 Rosy

Rosy
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:52 PM

Whatever works right? The most important part was getting some initial contact info.

There have been even earlier nf's from previous accts or so that I've lost contact with, or they've stopped playing, and I wish there was some way to talk to them again. I feel like strangers neofriends actually knew a lot more about me than a lot of my RL friends did. A lot less judgement is felt over the internet lol...

#24 cheesecanman

cheesecanman
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:17 PM

The kindest thing I did was over a decade ago when the BD had those random 2p battles, I fought a strong pet with an awful BD set, so I gifted them a few weapons.

#25 Maelstra

Maelstra
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:35 PM

I used to lend avatars regularly.

But I was one of those that wanted collateral for items, and you had to pass my rubric for lending pets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users