Quantcast

Photo

In What Ways Have You Helped Other Neopians?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:15 AM

All the time :D the Mrs likes to gift a paint brush or MP to a newbie on the help boards each day.  She loves doing that stuff.

#27 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:19 AM

I help ... umm, if I were to say what exactly I do it would give my account away. But it's pretty helpful, haha! I try to help anybody who asks, and have a tutorial petpage for ... that specific thing ... as well. :p

Usually end up getting neomails once or twice a week asking about it, I always try to answer.

#28 Underwatered

Underwatered
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:50 AM

Sent them starry NC cookies/ entered their names so they could get some nc clothes. lol.

Allowed myself to be outbidded (unwillingly) on pb auctions

Overpaid on items..

#29 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

I randomly gift NC items sometimes. Sometimes I buy out random shops. If someone posts on FB that they're saving for an expensive item I might gift it to them. Little things.

#30 Harris

Harris
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

I used to lend avatar items and give random stuff away.

#31 lalalizzy

lalalizzy
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

On some pet days I will offer free trades of well priced pet-themed items (20k-30k) or sometimes will just send random users that i see being nice on the boards items that fit with their galleries. 

#32 Kamala

Kamala
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

I hang out on the Help boards almost 24/7, and I've gifted a few pets away - I've gotten more wary of this recently, so I've stuck more to sending items if people get a faerie quest/need it for their gallery/etc. Helping people with their galleries is always fun. :)

#33 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

I used to lend about avatar and bd items, but stopped after I got scammed.

Send out random codestones since I have a ton hoarded up that I hardly use.

#34 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:11 AM

I random gift expensive items I dont think will sell well :p Seems to make peeps pretty happy.

#35 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

I will go on the Neopets subreddit all the time and pick random users and go clean out their shops, then dump the purchases into the Money Tree. Whatever day of the week they post wishlists (Friday?) I will fulfill some requests just for fun. For instance, this past Friday, someone was saving up for PetPets for their gallery, so I bought everything in their shop which was around 1.5 million. I didn't tell them on Reddit, but they NMed me and said thank you.

#36 Rowlet

Rowlet
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

I don't know if it counts as "helping", but back when I thought I'd never be back on Neopets again somebody mailed me asking what I was seeking for my UC Darigan Usul. I ended up just giving it to them -- which made them very happy, but truthfully, I regret it a lot now.

#37 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

I don't know if it counts as "helping", but back when I thought I'd never be back on Neopets again somebody mailed me asking what I was seeking for my UC Darigan Usul. I ended up just giving it to them -- which made them very happy, but truthfully, I regret it a lot now.

I did something related, but far less costly, yesterday. I had the most expensive lab map piece in a trade and some newbie was like "would like you to trade for anything I have, I don't have much pure" so I just neofriended him and gave it to him. 

#38 shun128

shun128
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

I helped a fellow player once by telling them to heal their pet of their disease.

#39 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:58 AM

I used to lend avatar pets. Now I help questers.

#40 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:02 AM

I don't report self-proclaimed legit players when I know they are in fact cheaters.

When I was legit (and used PT Neopets) I used to lend avatar items/pets. Now I just giveaway NP, accoutns, FFQ, random items to Codexians.

#41 asupernaturalfreak

asupernaturalfreak
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

I lend out some avatar item. At the moment my friend is rebuilding, so I'm helping her out with the safety deposit avatar since I have over 8k items. 

#42 knarthas1313

knarthas1313
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:54 AM

I don't really have much to be able to help others. I also don't know anyone that is in need. Would be a good feeling to actually be able to help someone though. 

#43 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:38 AM

I like to gift paintbrushes and morphing potions to newbies. I also like to give items from wishlists whenever I can.

#44 Stebo

Stebo
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:21 PM

I accidentally got my sister's account frozen through transferring neopoints, which led her to pursue more fruitful opportunities in life.

#45 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:21 AM

I gifted a bunch of rare/expensive petpets to someone who likes to collect petpets for their gallery but was way too poor to afford anything over like 10k. 

#46 Codeine

Codeine
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:44 AM

I lend pricier avatar items, gift NC, help people find expensive gallery items, bump boards, buy out shops. Random kindness is lovely :) 

#47 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:25 AM

10/11 years ago (holy crap, I can't believe it was that long ago) I made a graphic site on a petpage that exploded in popularity and I suddenly found my Neomail inbox jammed with requests every day. I remember coming home from school, my NM inbox filled to the brim every day without fail. I'd spend hours making graphics and fulfilling these requests. I actually at one point was so swamped that I had to have my mom help me out...I taught her the basics of graphic making and how to replicate my style. My grades at school actually suffered for a while because of this. Lol.

For a while though, people would freak out whenever I posted on their board and some people even went as far as to impersonate me on the boards. Most of my mails that weren't requests were people idolizing me for some reason (rofl) but I'd have the odd random insulting mail from people who were either jealous or mad at me for some reason that I'm unaware of (double rofl). I wish I had saved some screenshots...some of these mails were seriously priceless. But I digress.

I used to go around gifting people on the boards for their galleries, etc. Then CGing became an issue and paranoia set in that receiving random gifts was somehow malicious and so I stopped. :/ I really liked gifting people.

I also used to participate in those "random acts of kindness" and "gift wars" boards when they were around. I miss those.

#48 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:30 AM

i give people things all the time

i get bored

lend my suap to people on the ac

#49 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:46 AM

10/11 years ago (holy crap, I can't believe it was that long ago) I made a graphic site on a petpage that exploded in popularity and I suddenly found my Neomail inbox jammed with requests every day. I remember coming home from school, my NM inbox filled to the brim every day without fail. I'd spend hours making graphics and fulfilling these requests. I actually at one point was so swamped that I had to have my mom help me out...I taught her the basics of graphic making and how to replicate my style. My grades at school actually suffered for a while because of this. Lol.

For a while though, people would freak out whenever I posted on their board and some people even went as far as to impersonate me on the boards. Most of my mails that weren't requests were people idolizing me for some reason (rofl) but I'd have the odd random insulting mail from people who were either jealous or mad at me for some reason that I'm unaware of (double rofl). I wish I had saved some screenshots...some of these mails were seriously priceless. But I digress.

I used to go around gifting people on the boards for their galleries, etc. Then CGing became an issue and paranoia set in that receiving random gifts was somehow malicious and so I stopped. :/ I really liked gifting people.

I also used to participate in those "random acts of kindness" and "gift wars" boards when they were around. I miss those.

nice story I liked that would it be a petpage I would know? no need to say its name in open just if its one of the big ones from the last 10 years.

#50 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:30 PM

awwww gifting people on the boards is so nice :3 maybe when I have lots of NP i will do the same

if I had a MSPP/SuAP I would lend it out to everyone who needed it :)

One time I bought that Faerie Queen Doll thing for the avatar to lend it out to people on the boards, and the very first person I gave it to scammed me -_-

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users