Quantcast

Photo

What's the most exciting/terrifying thing you have ever done?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

I recently went skydiving and since then I've had an itch for the adrenaline rush, give me ideas codex :p

Edit: stop being boring :(

Edited by Tammy, 19 June 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#2 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:57 PM

Hmm, I trekked a glacier a few times. It was terrifying because at some point, the loud booming echo of calving could be heard in the valley, and it scared me shitless.

#3 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

Hmm, I trekked a glacier a few times. It was terrifying because at some point, the loud booming echo of calving could be heard in the valley, and it scared me shitless.

Trekking is great, which glacier did you hike? :D What does calving sound like? I've never really thought about it haha is it that scary?

#4 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:14 PM

Trekking is great, which glacier did you hike? :D What does calving sound like? I've never really thought about it haha is it that scary?

Matanuska Glacier in Alaska. It's one of the largest glaciers accessible by car, in the world. Let me upload some pictures.

It sounded a lot like two things rubbing together, or booming. It was very, very loud and could be heard all over. 

Here is a video where you can hear what it sounds like:

@Tammy here are some photos from one of the times I went (I went a total of 3 times).

Spoiler

#5 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

Okay i get it haha o-o I can see that being really scary if you're nearby. I never heard anything like that on my treks D;

Travel pics are the best <3 how long was the trek?

#6 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:20 PM

Okay i get it haha o-o I can see that being really scary if you're nearby. I never heard anything like that on my treks D;

Travel pics are the best <3 how long was the trek?

We trekked for a like 6 hours the first time. And the second time a few hours at most. We never got a chance to climb. But if we go back, we will do a guided climbing tour for sure. It's definitely one of my favorite places I've ever been. I want so dearly to go back.

#7 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

Wow! It looks beautiful, and COLD haha did you go in that cave? :o

#8 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:25 PM

Wow! It looks beautiful, and COLD haha did you go in that cave? :o

No, I wish. :c You had to climb to get to it and we didn't bring gear or anything. I have a pic somewhere though where my husband sort of half-assedly climbed a small mountainous part of the glacier lol.

#9 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

No, I wish. :c You had to climb to get to it and we didn't bring gear or anything. I have a pic somewhere though where my husband sort of half-assedly climbed a small mountainous part of the glacier lol.

Half-assed climbing a glacier :p very safe thing to do

#10 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

So you decided to bump this hours before the new About a Girl lmao
Give everyone a freebie!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users