Quantcast

Photo

[Hypothetically] Would you exploit another dupe?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: What would you do?

What would you do?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Harris

Harris
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

Assuming that you found a new exploit, would you abuse it for personal gain or report it as a good samaritan? Take into account what the last waves of duping has done and the current state of Neo.

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:32 PM

Without a doubt, yes, I'd abuse the hell out of it. Most fun I've ever had on Neopets.

#3 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

Exploit, unless my actions would really ruin NP or its economy or something.

The last round of duping didn't, by the way, to the point that @ortin initially thought it would, publicly stated it as such, and then publicly retracted that, from what I've read.

Anyways while I don't mind being a good samaritan, I am playing as a cheater, not as a "good samaritan" hahaha. Even if I didn't want to profit from it, or even really disapproved of profiting from it, I would still not report it to TNT.

#4 Userman

Userman
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

I wasn't around for any of the previous dupes, care to explain what happened and the consequences you mentioned?

As someone who has taken advantage of exploits such as dupes in other games i.e. maplestory back when i played a few years ago, they happen to be extremely profitable. I made a few grand during that time and it was honestly just like printing money. If there was a dupe in neopets i would most likely take part in it.

#5 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:35 PM

I found an exploit (not a dupe one, though) that I abuse to kick TNT where it hurts the most. The only reason why I haven't been a good samaritan is because I'm bitter and want to prolong their suffering. I haven't exploited it for my self-gain though because what the exploit does is trash to me (in my opinion) and garbage doesn't benefit me.

Both choices don't really resonate with me.

#6 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Yes.

#7 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

I would demand to understand it's underlying mechanics and the causes, I couldn't care less about abusing it

#8 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:37 PM

What exactly did the last duping do to neopets? :o I wasn't around.

That being said, hell yeah I'd exploit it :p At the very least, I wouldn't report it so if other people want to use it they can for the lols. I only care about customizing pets anyway. 

#9 firedrops

firedrops
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

I'd abuse it considering I missed all the other glitches. Meh. Why would you even tell JS?

Well, unless it undermines what we do, then perhaps.

#10 Userman

Userman
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:43 PM

Assuming that you found a new exploit, would you abuse it for personal gain or report it as a good samaritan? Take into account what the last waves of duping has done and the current state of Neo.

In a few other games, i'll use maplestory as an example because im most familiar with it, whenever and exploitsuch as a dupe or game breaking bug such as map crashes or server crashes was found, a few people would exploit it for awhile undetected then eventually release the exploit to the public a few months after they have taken advantage. They did this in order to 1. protect the profits they gained 2. cause a little chaos. 3. Get it patched so no one else could exploit it in cases where it got leaked to a few other people that were undercutting there profits etc. or abusing it in a way that affected them.

Edited by Userman, 07 June 2016 - 07:45 PM.

#11 Codeine

Codeine
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

I have never exploited a dupe glitch but I probably would if I were around for one.

#12 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:08 PM

In a few other games, i'll use maplestory as an example because im most familiar with it, whenever and exploitsuch as a dupe or game breaking bug such as map crashes or server crashes was found, a few people would exploit it for awhile undetected then eventually release the exploit to the public a few months after they have taken advantage. They did this in order to 1. protect the profits they gained 2. cause a little chaos. 3. Get it patched so no one else could exploit it in cases where it got leaked to a few other people that were undercutting there profits etc. or abusing it in a way that affected them.

What like duping to make NX from the MTS? I wish i was smart enough to dupe some 60% ATT glove scrolls back then. 

OT: Heck yeah i'd exploit it, I don't have anything worth duping but I'd do it anyways.

#13 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:21 PM

What like duping to make NX from the MTS? I wish i was smart enough to dupe some 60% ATT glove scrolls back then. 

Ugh, I was too young/a complete derp when the MTS was around to understand what the hell I was doing in MS and actually make some money. My downfall was caring only about the look of my character, which I do in neopets too but that actually has the potential to make money here if I wanted :p

One of my IRL friends however had billions in duped items and made quite a few hundred usd selling it. feels bad

#14 Userman

Userman
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

OT: Heck yeah i'd exploit it, I don't have anything worth duping but I'd do it anyways.

It was more a long the lines of someone tradin you the items to be duped, placing the items you wanted to dupe into a player shop, forcing a server crash via packet editing, then logging back. The originals would be in the original owners inventory, and there would be copies inside the merchant you picked your items up at. There was a variation where both players would just have the items in there inventory rather than the merchant.

Then there was the map teleport exploit which let you instantly go to any map via packet editing. If you remember the mushroom kingdom quest or other such quest where it would show a cutscene and teleport you to the location for the quest, you could send an altered packed with a different location and it would teleport you to the map of your choosing. 

A few of us used this to get inside the premium golden temple maps that used to cost nx to go into. Then you would use a fall through floor script in order to stay in the map indefinitely. At the time i did it the map had a chance to drop those 100% scrolls that have the 10% scrolls stats, they were referred to as GM Scrolls. Thats where all the godly att gloves and perfect weapons came from. It was nice while it lasted before it was leaked to the public and promptly patched but for those of us who exploited it before it went public we got to keep the scrolls. This exploit also let you go to unreleased maps and obtain items that were not even released yet. Some of the maps were not even translated yet from the korean servers.

The MTS was a great time, i remember selling everyone nx because i had so much i constantly had 1m-10m nx at one time. 

Edited by Userman, 07 June 2016 - 08:32 PM.

#15 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:36 PM

The MTS was a great time, i remember selling everyone nx because i had so much i constantly had 1m-10m nx at one time. 

That makes me cry inside. 

#16 Userman

Userman
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:44 PM

That makes me cry inside. 

Have to also remember that at the time, 10,000 nx sold for about 7$ on the black market forums for maplestory hacks. So it was quite a chunk of change when i cashed out and quit.  :wub:

Also Super Megaphone spam was undoubtedly the best part.

Edited by Userman, 07 June 2016 - 08:44 PM.

#17 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

I think most of us would abuse it lol

The poll sure shows that :p

#18 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:08 PM

jfc, I would have been totally willing to hack MS if I knew where to go to get the resources to.

#19 Userman

Userman
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:13 PM

jfc, I would have been totally willing to hack MS if I knew where to go to get the resources to.

The forum of choice i used was called Gamersoul, it was home of Bizzaro trainer. While it was quite expensive for licenses you could usually make the amount you spent back and then purchase a new licences from re-sellers who would buy it for you for mesos. The forum had a different name before but i forget.

#20 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:27 PM

yup would defo exploit its fun and makes life on neo interesting

#21 data

data
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:56 AM

Definetly, I would dupe tons of items and save them to sell over a long period of time.

#22 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:46 AM

Most certainly. Did before when I found the first public one and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The chaos that was caused was utterly fantastic.

#23 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:52 AM

I don't have any accounts anymore due to being reckless and therefore chained (again) but if I were to hear of another dupe exploit going on I'd be on top of that shit with a new account ASAP.

#24 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

Abuse the shit out of it. No questions asked. I'd love to see the chaos that would ensue. 

#25 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

Of course I'd abuse it, especially now that I finally got a BGC. *-*

Take into account what the last waves of duping has done and the current state of Neo.

Oh entertain me. What has done? 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users