68 replies to this topic

#51 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:48 AM

DragonBall is grossly underrated.
Kinda slow in the beginning, but once it picks up it's full throttle until the end.
Some of the best comedic moments between the two shows also.
Just wish Toriyama didn't forget Launch when Z came around.
Think the Fortune Teller Baba and King Piccolo Sagas were my favorite. What about you?

I liked the Red Ribbon Army saga. Just because Goku beats everyone up and doesn't even realize they're bad guys.

#52 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:59 AM

I have so much nostalgia here I don't know how to begin. After all, I was born right smack in '90 itself.

Dragon Ball, Beyblade, Digimon, god knows what other cartoon series. Western series too.

I still have a digivice, and a green Gameboy Colour. Along with the Pokemon Silver cartridge my parents got for me -- that was likely pirated, going by the strange Japa-english language and occasional weird lag problems.

Are You Afraid of the Dark, Goosebumps, and a few series maybe specific to Singapore kids only.

Animorphs -- loved that series to death.

Nokia phones. They were so reliable, I never thought of that till the era of smartphones, and when the memes about indestructible Nokias started coming out. Man, I really could never have envisioned how much Nokia would lose out in the new millenium.

I also remember how touchscreen devices really used to seem so advanced and newfangled. Now we have and use them everywhere, and for everything.

#53 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:21 AM

My first cellphone was a Nokia brick as well...then I got the Motorola razr that stuck around for a few years until I got an LG touch screen phone.

The 90s was fun though...
Are you afraid of the dark?
The pokemon series
Gaming consoles(crash bandicoot and mortal Kombat anyone?)
The best windows to date imo(98)
The music

I had Mortal Kombat on a Sega console. The days of cartridges and wired controllers, you basically had to sit right in front of the TV. I remember trying to learn all of the fatalities at like 3 in the morning.

Did anyone ever play Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines? That game was my life for a year when it came out. 

#54 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

Every time I see the thread's title this song pops into my head lmao

Also, they don't have these anymore right?

rGSBOHZ.jpg

#55 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:54 AM

I have so much nostalgia here I don't know how to begin. After all, I was born right smack in '90 itself.

Dragon Ball, Beyblade, Digimon, god knows what other cartoon series. Western series too.

I still have a digivice, and a green Gameboy Colour. Along with the Pokemon Silver cartridge my parents got for me -- that was likely pirated, going by the strange Japa-english language and occasional weird lag problems.

Are You Afraid of the Dark, Goosebumps, and a few series maybe specific to Singapore kids only.

Animorphs -- loved that series to death.

Nokia phones. They were so reliable, I never thought of that till the era of smartphones, and when the memes about indestructible Nokias started coming out. Man, I really could never have envisioned how much Nokia would lose out in the new millenium.

I also remember how touchscreen devices really used to seem so advanced and newfangled. Now we have and use them everywhere, and for everything.

I had those digivices, well, two anyway. The ones where you walked around with your digimon?

I had a megaman thing like that too, but I think that came in the early 2000's

#56 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:39 AM

Anyone remember VR Troopers? They didn't last long.

And lite brites are still being made and sold. You cab find them at toy r us.

My favorite game was Sewer Sharks 2000 on Sega CD.

#57 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

Anyone remember VR Troopers? They didn't last long.

And lite brites are still being made and sold. You cab find them at toy r us.

My favorite game was Sewer Sharks 2000 on Sega CD.

That reminds me of superhuman samurai syber squad - I still had some of the toys until recently (donated). 

There was also the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trilogy and the Super Mario Bros movie (where you find out that their last name is actually Mario)

#58 Arnie

Arnie
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

At the 90s...

Pokemon, like everyone else. I got lots of stickers, cards... And because of Pokemon i started drawing :3

DBZ, i remember i had to run as fast as i could to get home during the opening.

Lots of toons: TMNT, X-Men, Spiderman (90s Spidey is the best). THE Cartoons cartoons from CN (Ed, Edd and Eddy, PPGs, Courage, etc) and Nicktoons! (<3 Invader Zim)

Fox Kids... </3

...I think the best thing happened to me as a child was tv cable xD

#59 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:41 PM

I loved all the cartridge systems and most of the games they had with them. Indeed I did play the Commandos series. My brother and I bought our Sega Genesis from a family friend for like $60 with a bunch of games and we had the nes and snes too.

My friend had one of the indestructible Nokia phones, we used to throw it out of a moving car at stationary objects to see if we could actually destroy it...only ever fell apart...put it back together and it worked liked nothing ever happened to it.

Lite Brite was cool for sure...remember the first nickelodeon movie, Harriet the Spy? I still have that neon orange vhs tape in a box somewhere here hahah. I also remember the live action Mario and TMNT movies, they were great for sure.

Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold!, Reboot, Ghost Writer...The big comfy couch, Doug, so many memories hahaha

#60 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:12 PM

Ghost Writer omg that was one of my favorite shows, and Wishbone! And yes, I have the Harriet The Spy movie (orange and all) some where at my moms.

#61 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:31 PM

Wishbone!!! That was the name of it! I was trying to remember it but couldn't for the life of me even think of what to Google for it! Lambchop? I loved zooboomafoo as a kid too...turns out the 2 guys who host that show, the kratt brothers, still have a show on TV and they come visit the town I live in every year so my kids are all sorts of excited for that.

Edited by WarezHaxor, 04 August 2016 - 05:32 PM.

#62 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:27 PM

Zaboomafoo was the best too! I watch episodes every now and then on Kodi (streaming site). And Lambchops Play Along, where kids come to play along! lol Also a great show!

#63 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:47 PM

I love zaboo hahah. Was so sad when I saw the news of his passing. I've watched a few episodes of it recently too actually.

Can't forget the awesome movies too like the pagemaster, fern gully, the land before time, all dogs go to heaven, homeward bound, Indian in the cupboard, the rescuers...can't remember if it's the 90s but the brave little toaster as well.

#64 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:56 PM

GHOST WRITER WAS THE BOMB OMG.

I always get the title confused with ghost busters which everybody recognizes atm because of the new movie. 

Ghost Writers was great.

And guuuuys for reading ~ NANCY DREW! THE SADDLE CLUB! THE BABYSITTER'S CLUB!! THE BOXCAR CHILDREN!!!! ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?? ANIMORPHS!

Sooooo many great series <3

#65 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:45 AM

I always get the title confused with ghost busters which everybody recognizes atm because of the new movie. 

Ghost Writers was great.

And guuuuys for reading ~ NANCY DREW! THE SADDLE CLUB! THE BABYSITTER'S CLUB!! THE BOXCAR CHILDREN!!!! ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?? ANIMORPHS!

ANIMORPHS! OMG I loved that book series!

TV show was... eh. Naturally it was starting growing on me when they cancelled it though. lol

And I did majorly *squee* the next time I saw Shawn Ashmore and his twin again on Smallville.

Think I stopped reading half way through though.
Kinda itching to pick up a set for old times sake and see it through to the end.

Who was your favorite character? Mine was always Tobias.

#66 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

I love zaboo hahah. Was so sad when I saw the news of his passing. I've watched a few episodes of it recently too actually.

Can't forget the awesome movies too like the pagemaster, fern gully, the land before time, all dogs go to heaven, homeward bound, Indian in the cupboard, the rescuers...can't remember if it's the 90s but the brave little toaster as well.

Land Before Time *cries* I love those movies, but not the newer ones. Maybe the first 4, for sure the first 3. All Dogs Go To Heaven my daddy took us to see that in the theaters! Homeward Bound is still one of my favorite movies ever! And yes, Indian in the Cupboard, I read the book in school and then we watched the movie. It was soooooo good!

Ghost Writers was great.

The Babysitter's Club, I can still recite the theme song. I was a huge fan of their movies and books! Oh man the good ol days!

Best music video ever! 1997!

We need more pictures lol
http://www.providr.c...ampaign=providr

Edited by ChaoticBeauty, 05 August 2016 - 09:15 AM.

#67 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

Anyone else wanna chime in on your favorite things from the 90's? :)

#68 Bendyounet

Bendyounet
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:57 AM

I don't missed all 90's but these were oldies but goldies : 

7e06517da6fc1514aaf88343c1d8133a.jpg

childrens-toys-from-the-90s.jpg

6432a7ef88573a1f7fcf339ecf78eb19.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

#69 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

Bay Blades are still popular to this day! I have babysat for so many young children and they just love to play them, boys more than girls, but I have seen girls get into them!

This avatar will be the death of me lol. Is there even a away to see how many items you discarded? How does one know exactly how many items you discarded to get the avatar, surely you don't count them all! Or is it simply put everything in SDB and then you just empty out an exact number and discard everything? (I think I answered my own question here, but oh well.)

http://www.bustle.co...e=lift_facebook

Ok, this movie list of th 90's is great!

Indian in the Cupboard!!! Read the book and watched the movie!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users