Quantcast

Photo

Firefox or Opera (IE users leave)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Rox Your Sox?

Which Rox Your Sox?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 MosNanDa

MosNanDa
  • 884 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:43 AM

Firefox! all the way!

#27 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:11 PM

You c an edit the html of firefox, takes some thinking though. I did it once.

#28 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:51 PM

Firefox! all the way!

View Post

n00b.

#29 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:14 PM

n00b.

View Post

Double n00b.

#30 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:18 PM

Opera sucks! I used it once and hated it. I might use it when I get a Symbian phone but I'm never using it for my PC.

And Lee and Frosty, you're only a n00b if you use IE.

#31 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:26 PM

Opera sucks! I used it once and hated it. I might use it when I get a Symbian phone but I'm never using it for my PC.

And Lee and Frosty, you're only a n00b if you use IE.

View Post

n00b

#32 Sean

Sean
  • 6188 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:32 PM

Opera = Gay! It has ads and the top part is to big.. Like I said: Firefox!

#33 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:37 PM

Both have pros and cons, my only reason for not using opera is it takes up tp 1 second longer then firefox to load. And firefox has a bajillion add ons, I use about 50 myself.

#34 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:25 PM

Firefox pwns.

Opera: I used opera for a while, just to try it out. It sucked. NOT open source, so I can't becausetomize it (not that I could, but others can) and has adds. Its has a commercial version. Lets think about that. If it has a commercial version, wouldn't it be better than the free one we all use? Plus, as icey said, its wickid slow.

IE: well, anyone who still uses IE is stupid. STM, you suck for having too much security on your linux :p . Tyson, explain it to your parents, they might understand if you say 'no more popups!' Or something to that degree.

Rawr!

#35 supatyson

supatyson
  • 1959 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:31 PM

Its looking like everyone is big fans of Firefox, I have the install somewhere around on my computer, might install it and see all the hype about it.

#36 Pink_Bubble

Pink_Bubble
  • 340 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:54 PM

firefox all the way!

#37 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:09 PM

Its looking like everyone is big fans of Firefox, I have the install somewhere around on my computer, might install it and see all the hype about it.

View Post

Do it. Now. Firefox is greatness, and there is no reason not to. Unless you are on a crap computer or something. Eh, stupid windows message 'you are running low on hard disk space, would you like to clean up now?'...sounds like my mother, 'cept she would be more demanding. Ugh. I hate windows.

#38 supatyson

supatyson
  • 1959 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:22 PM

What is with all people who dont know much about Computers LOVE Microsoft while people who know alot about computers absolutly hate it?

#39 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:28 PM

What is with all people who dont know much about Computers LOVE Microsoft while people who know alot about computers absolutly hate it?

View Post

Brainwashing.

#40 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:06 PM

# Pop Ups!
# No Ad Block
# Allows unwanted tool bars

MWHAHA INTERNET EXPLOYA OWNZZZ

those 3 are all wrong if you have sp2 :D

Edited by FaTaLeRoR, 30 March 2005 - 06:07 PM.

#41 Shivi

Shivi
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:13 PM

anyone tried Maxthon(www.maxthon.com)? It's what I'm using and I love it^^

#42 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:18 PM

Shivi please explain it to us ^^

#43 Jakezilla

Jakezilla
  • 1834 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:31 PM

who the CENSORED put internet explorer in the polls? O.O

#44 Shivi

Shivi
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:49 PM

Hmm...

Maxthon Internet Browser software is a powerful tabbed browser with a highly becausetomizable interface. It is based on the Internet Explorer browser engine (your most likely current web browser) which means that what works in the IE browser will work the same in Maxthon tabbed browser but with many additional efficient features like...

Tabbed Browsing Interface
Mouse Gestures
Super Drag&Drop
Privacy Protection
AD Hunter
RSS Reader
Google Bar Support
External Utility Bar
Skinning
^^
There are some screenshots here: http://www.maxthon.com/I'mages_screens/screenshots.htm

I'm guessing what would turn most people off is:

It is based on the Internet Explorer browser engine

But I've tried Firefox and I can't really tell much of a difference >.>

I would probably say its like a mix betweeb IE and Firefox

Edited by Shivi, 30 March 2005 - 08:50 PM.

#45 AUS

AUS
  • 813 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:21 AM

I usually use IE because I dont really have a good reason to change.  Once in a while I will pop into another browser if I am having trouble with a website... but mostly I just use IE.  I know website compatibility really isnt much of an issue between brosers anymore... but IE is still the most compatible as far as I am concerned.  Most security issues can be handled by critical updates / not being a stupid user opeining stuff they shouldnt.  Ummm... but really no browser "Rox my Sox", so I didnt vote.  A browser is a browser... nuff said.  Oh ya... I like my google toolbar too :-P.

#46 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:28 AM

Double n00b.

View Post

Cross Newb :p

Anyway you no FF pwns j00

#47 Arkidas

Arkidas
  • 1231 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:13 AM

Hey add the cons to firefox it can't use AcitveX!

#48 Attila

Attila
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:08 PM

I cant decide between opera and firefox :'(

#49 Free of Misery

Free of Misery
  • 841 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 04:29 AM

pro to internet explorer, it loaded every website I ever wanted to visit, properly, downloaded everything without a problem.

CON to firefix, half the ti'me it loads pages I want, it loads the si'mple stuff, some javascript stuff it starts failing at, and it reads some codes wrong / differently than others.

and what the CENSORED is wrong with MICROSOFT??! without them we wouldn't be at this stage on computers right now. Microsoft isn't a group of bastards, you have no reason to hate them

#50 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2005 - 04:32 AM

pro to internet explorer, it loaded every website I ever wanted to visit, properly, downloaded everything without a problem.

CON to firefix, half the ti'me it loads pages I want, it loads the si'mple stuff, some javascript stuff it starts failing at, and it reads some codes wrong / differently than others.

and what the CENSORED is wrong with MICROSOFT??! without them we wouldn't be at this stage on computers right now. Microsoft isn't a group of bastards, you have no reason to hate them

View Post

And IE probably downloaded a ton of spyware aswell.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users