#26 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:45 AM

Cause I am :p

#27 .:Orange:.

.:Orange:.
  • 1168 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:32 AM

Meh, I'm not very worried. Even if they end up sueing us and removing our programs or whatever, it's not like Codex is all about the programs anyway... :)

#28 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:42 AM

Erm, but programmers do worry about it for they're afraid TnT would sue them :p (erm, includes me? :unsure: )

#29 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:45 AM

That is true orange :)

#30 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:47 AM

Heh, they'd stop once we know their staff's personal emails and spam them with requests of millions of neopet players :p

#31 Brad

Brad
  • How about a magic trick?

• 4565 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:47 AM

just fyi...

You agree not to design, disseminate or use any third party programs designed to change the game play on the site including, but without limitations, programs such as autobuyers, flash game cheats, autofreshers, and snipers. Any use, dissemination or design of such programs is a breach of these Terms you will be responsible for any resulting damages to Neopets. You agree that if you disseminate, design or assist in the design of a third party program that changes the game play on Neopets, you will pay NeoPets, Inc. liquidated damages in the sum of Fifty Thousand Dollars for each such program as liquidated damages. You agree that if you use such a program on the neopets.com website, you will pay NeoPets, Inc. liquidated damages in the sum of Five Hundred Dollars for each time you use a program.

that's from the official tc.

scary no?

but... there's a way around this

These Terms and Conditions are effective until terminated by either party. Users may terminate this Agreement by destroying all Materials (including without limitation, all related documentation and all copies and installations thereof, whether made under these Terms and Conditions or otherwise) obtained from this Site (or any other web site or source).

Basically, delete your cookies and temp files, and you're not subject to the tos :p

it's a skewed way of taking it, doesn't make much sense really, but it's legal. I'm actually having my law teacher check over the tos for me, so we'll see.

#32 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:53 AM

tnt is so stupid <_< major neopets dos'ing party ^_^

View Post

Only problem is they have their own servers, so it wouldn't do anything.

Edit: [mergetime]1114786403[/mergetime]

just fyi...
that's from the official tc.

scary no?

but... there's a way around this
Basically, delete your cookies and temp files, and you're not subject to the tos :p

it's a skewed way of taking it, doesn't make much sense really, but it's legal. I'm actually having my law teacher check over the tos for me, so we'll see.

View Post

O_o Thats actually really good. We should save this in case one of our programmers gets threatened like this.

#33 .:Orange:.

.:Orange:.
  • 1168 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:55 AM

Erm, but programmers do worry about it for they're afraid TnT would sue them :p (erm, includes me? :unsure: )

View Post

Not my problem. XD

just kidding, uhh, *has no good advice*

:lol:

#34 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:06 AM

wow brad did his research :D

#35 Brad

Brad

• 4565 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:08 AM

brad did half assed research :p

it's flimsy, but can hold up in civil court.

I've got smarter people looking for better.

#36 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:09 AM

rofl, well now I know how to get rid of the evidence :D

#37 Faisal

Faisal
  • 1989 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:28 AM

Ok, now. I need to know...why do they hate programs in thier site? :unsure:

500$?...............

they just care about money. <_< they think money is everything. :(

#38 AUS

AUS
  • 813 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:54 AM

They have defenitly changed their TOS since I last looked.  But I can tell you that one problem with it is that they dont define what "the game play on the site" is supposed to be like.  So how can anyone know if they are playing the games in a legal manner or not?

#39 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:35 AM

Meh, I'm not very worried. Even if they end up sueing us and removing our programs or whatever, it's not like Codex is all about the programs anyway... :)

View Post

thats true :) but it is a major part of it :D

They have defenitly changed their TOS since I last looked.  But I can tell you that one problem with it is that they dont define what "the game play on the site" is supposed to be like.  So how can anyone know if they are playing the games in a legal manner or not?

View Post

yeah they have. ive read their entire TOS before and I dont remember reading that statement :p , or maybe they have just changed the wording. I think that even if you did delete the cookies, it would still be a problem. They would still come after you if you stopped making programs and stopped playing neopets altogether.

#40 Brad

Brad

• 4565 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:51 AM

but if you terminate the tos before you program...

#41 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:03 AM

rofl how can you terminate the tos before you program

#42 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:09 AM

but if you terminate the tos before you program...

View Post

if you do that then they dont have a case...because you havent done anything wrong and you shouldnt be worried either :p

#43 Brad

Brad

• 4565 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:16 AM

exactly. and note, it is possible ot program on a computer without any neopets files. I've done it.

and I suck at programming :p

#44 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:20 AM

also, they say third party programs to change gameplay. I believe that aus made this comment a long time ago but IE and Firefox are also third party programs used to change gameplay because without them, no gameplay would exist and since it exists through their use, we are changing gameplay. WE ARE ALL CROOKS

#45 Brad

Brad

• 4565 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:22 AM

game, set, and match. ^_^

#46 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:24 AM

game, set, and match. ^_^

View Post

I'm not sure how well that will work in court though :p

#47 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

their suing ppl for not following their rules? we aren't even on their site. their rules don't apply. all programs on neocodex are made for learning purposes only :p and you guys test it out for us :)

#48 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:50 PM

their suing ppl for not following their rules? we aren't even on their site. their rules don't apply. all programs on neocodex are made for learning purposes only :p and you guys test it out for us :)

View Post

I dont think that they will care. they arent claiming that we are on their site. they are claiming copyright infringement and destruction of intellectual property.

#49 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:56 PM

I dont think that they will care. they arent claiming that we are on their site. they are claiming copyright infringement and destruction of intellectual property.

View Post

Neopets wont prosicute people under 21, beleive me, or I'd be in court right now.

#50 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:04 PM

Neopets wont prosicute people under 21, beleive me, or I'd be in court right now.

View Post

is that some law?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users